[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /k/, I'm gonna be getting my first concealed carry soon.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: ccccccccccccw.jpg (497KB, 849x565px) Image search: [Google]
ccccccccccccw.jpg
497KB, 849x565px
So /k/, I'm gonna be getting my first concealed carry soon. What's the best one out there for price-to-effectiveness ratio? Taurus has a shit reputation, but the 738 TCP honestly sounds really good. Ruger LCP is also a consideration.

Recommendations?
>>
>inb4 obrez
>>
>>31052278
P320c
>>
>>31052278
I carry a Glock 43, but I considered going for the Sig p238. Opted for the Glock because of budget reasons and preference for 9mm.

LCP has some quality of life things I don't like much (like not holding open on the last round).
>>
>>31052285
Just imagine how it would feel to blow away a thief with 7.62x54R from a short barrel.

Thug won't be needing an open casket, a bucket filled with chunks seems better suited.
>>
>>31052278
You can score an LCP for $199 right now.

https://www.slickguns.com/product/preorder-ruger-lcp-semi-automatic-380-acp-3701-736676037018-19949-999-sh

I don't know how much stopping power a .380 ACP is going to have compared to a larger round though.
>>
>>31052278
Since I'm inebriated with Russian guns, I'd personally get a Makarov or a TTC.

But if you could care less about looks, and have a little bit of money, I'd advise going for somethng like a Sig P239 DAK

http://www.sigsauer.com/CatalogProductDetails/p239-dak.aspx

Though if you really want a handgun and have little money, an LCP or a Bersa Thunder will probably serve well.

http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?Keywords=Bersa
>>
>>31052493
The LCP is a piece of shit and it's hard to shoot. I had one and every time I fired it the frame pins would start wiggling out. If you want a pocket 380 get a S&W Bodyguard or Sig P238
>>
>>31052611
This guy gets it. Ruger's little pocket guns are straight up shit.

Get a Glock 26, Glock 43, Shield, M&P9C, G19, anything in that range.
>>
File: tisas 1911.jpg (34KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
tisas 1911.jpg
34KB, 800x600px
>>31052278
I have the Glock 43 and love it, but it's not a good range gun. Maybe Glock 19, if you need more rounds and want to do a lot of shooting.

Also look into 1911s. They are heavy, but not too bad to conceal due to the thinness. You can get a basic bitch parkerized GI for $400. It might need some fiddling to run properly, but 1911s are a lifestyle.
>>
File: 1466574118173.jpg (97KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
1466574118173.jpg
97KB, 1000x750px
>>31052278
As far as other cheap cc options: consider the Bersa Thunder and the Kel Tec pf9.
The former is an Argentinian clone of a Walther ppk. You sound like you are comfortable with .380 and other than the mag safety it sounds pretty good.
The pf9 is a single stack 9. Reliable enough, no safeties at all, and kel tec has a good warranty from what I hear.

Just shoot them enough to figure out if you got a decent one or a lemon that just needs to be returned and replaced. This is the nature of cheap guns.

I've never owned a LCP like >>31052611 long enough to determine the quality of the build, but they are fucking terrible to shoot. Small and easy to conceal but just bad in the sense of recoil and trigger.
Also consider the lcr or a glock 19/26 if you want to stretch your budget out $100-$150 more/are comfortable with a revolver for cc.
>>
>>31052278
-Ruger LC9s (forget the hammer-fired LC* Rugers)
-Glock 43
-S&W M&P Shield
-a well-broken-in (600 rounds), greased SCCY CPX-2

/2cents
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.