[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /k/ So I'm looking into purchasing a .22 rifle. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (89KB, 732x446px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 732x446px
Hello /k/

So I'm looking into purchasing a .22 rifle. I've had my eyes on a ruger 10/22, but I've been hearing a lot about this mossberg model (forgot what type it was)

My question is, should I just go and buy a ruger? Also I remember seeing a info graphic about /k/ approved .22 rifles, does anyone have it?

Thanks in advance
>>
>>31051868

The 10/22 is a good purchase and has a huge aftermarket. I'm guessing you want a semi auto?
>>
>>31051972
Yeah semi auto, no bolt action or single shot stuff
>>
I'd like to know too. Ruger is nice, but is often near double the price of other 22s on the market.

Is that justified or is their a legit alternative?
>>
What's the pattern in NY?
>>
>>31052108
Temperate coniferous
>>
>>31051868

I keep reminding people of this - if you're using .22 and its for hunting or self defense you're probably not shooting past 50 yards with it.

Why not just get a .22 Pistol?

They cost a little bit more but:
* Weigh 1/4 as much and can be used in a tight space (like shooting at a possum hiding under something)
* Have the same magazine capacity
* Have more or less the same accuracy potential
* Can potentially be carry guns

And if you want it for accuracy (heh) you could get a target-style .22 pistol and put a small Scope on it.
>>
>>31052106
>is their a legit alternative

CZ512, fine weapon and more accurate out of the box than a 10/22. Very few aftermarket toys for it, though. CZ has a huge rep for good bolt-actions in 22, this is their semi-auto.

The Marlin 60 is a fine weapon and worth considering.

I should point out the 10/22 *takedown* is a good choice for anyone insisting / needing a takedown weapon, though.

Mossberg 795 an OK choice.

If you're rich, I'd take Browning SA-22 any day of the week.

On the used market, look for a Remington Nylon 66, or possibly a Winchester 490.
>>
File: SW_22a.jpg (92KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
SW_22a.jpg
92KB, 800x534px
>>31053570

Pic related to previous. They dont make this one anymore but ive heard nothing but good things about it.

Also the Walther P22 was what got me interested in 22 pistols.

Then again there's also this thing:
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/LX2JY8BVJ2U/maxresdefault.jpg
>>
>>31053669

I vote for the Marlin 60. I just bought my wife one a few months ago - I can't say the build quality feels the same as my older 60, but it still eats everything and hasn't presented an issue thus far in the first 500 rounds.
>>
>>31053570
>Have more or less the same accuracy potential

You are not going to be as accurate at 50 yards with any 22 pistol as you are with many 22 rifles. It's partly an issue of the sight radius, but even if you scope both a pistol and a rifle, the rifle still wins.

Also, you get max velocity with at least 16" barrels.
>>
>>31051868

It's really whatever. 10/22 has a lot of aftermarket and cheap accessory. Most any semi-auto .22lr still on the market will do.
>>
>>31052127
Isn't that the biome not the camo pattern?
>>
>>31051868
Get a 10/22. Go for the cheap ugly ass pink ones, then spend extra money on an aftermarket stock.
I know near me I can get the god awful ugly pink model for $160-$180, and then buy a stock off CL if not brand new for cheap.

Trust me OP, you'll never regret buying a 10/22.
>>
>>31051868
There are many good options for a .22. If you're a newgunz, I would recommend something like a CZ bolt gun.

But, if it comes down to a Ruger 10/22 vs. any Mossberg, the Ruger wins every time. They're just made better in every way, and the supply of factory and aftermarket parts is outstanding.
>>
>>31053570
>>31053670

A .22 pistol is not nearly as pleasant to shoot all afternoon. Your arm gets tired more easily. You also learn less about the art of shooting a rifle, and the pistol skills you might gain in place of rifle skills aren't nearly as transferable to larger pistols as .22 rifle skills are to larger rifles.
>>
>>31053669
>sa-22
why would anybody spend $1500 or more for a .22 rifle, holy shit
>>
>>31051868
DELET THIS
>>
>>31051868
The Mossberg is the Plinsker line, 702 is the basis for the others. I made tbe mistake of getting the Mossberg over tbe Ruger. Decent rifle, but the first time i went to buy spare mags the money i saved on the rifle was offset by the money i lost buying high dollar Mossberg mags instead of cheap a/m mags for the Rugers.
>>
the 10/22 will offer you the most flexibility for modification and customization, and its rotary mags are highly dependable.

care and feeding of .22lr is not reliable like centerfire, it's dirty, and finicky in many platforms, and only a few 22lr rifles have managed to secure a reputation for feeding reliability like the 10/22 has.

that said there are other semiauto 22lrs out there that will make fine rifles as well.

>nylon 66

u wot m8
>>
>>31054096
>why would anybody spend $1500

Same reason some people would buy a Porsche 911 instead of a Camry.
>>
>>31054410
>the 10/22 will offer you the most flexibility for modification and customization

I'm not dissing the 10/22, but I do notice that everybody who advocates buying one also advocates immediately going out and spending more money on it to fix it up.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.