[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are the gun laws in Commiefornia really that bad? I may be moving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: _20160820_143439.jpg (21KB, 540x277px) Image search: [Google]
_20160820_143439.jpg
21KB, 540x277px
Are the gun laws in Commiefornia really that bad? I may be moving there soon. Can someone give me a run down of the laws?
>>
Zero fun ever. Is pretty much the gist of it.
>>
>>31049189
Invest in this and thank me later:
https://www.amazon.com/Passion-Lubes-Natural-Water-Based-Lubricant/dp/B005MR3IVO
>>
There are worse states. They're not THAT terrible, but after that new legislation begins, we're pretty much SOL here.
>>
>>31049248
>>31049287
>>31049280
Should I see if I can move to Washington state instead?
>>
>>31049354
Washington is equally shit.
>>
>>31049418
Pick the state in the .middle
>>
>>31049418
No it's not.

>>31049541
As someone who lives there Oregon is barely better than Washington. The only major difference is that full-auto guns are mostly banned in Washington but not in Oregon (yet, but I'm sure that this place will turn to shit if that commie Blumenauer gets his way), and honestly unless you're anti-Democrat I'd prefer you stay out because voting Democrat in this state means you are anti-gun.
>>
>>31049280
TopKEK
>>
>>31049189
People wanting to move into California, take my spot. I'm getting the fuck out of this shithole.
>>
Considering after january you won't be able to even buy an Ar15 i'd say yeah they fucking suck
>>
>>31049726
What the fuck is bad about Washington
You can easily own handguns, assault rifles, whatever
>>
>>31049794
No, I meant Washington is not nearly as bad as California and essentially the same as Oregon except for the machine gun ban.
>>
>>31049823
The 1984 machine gun ban effectively banned all those anyway
at that point it's just an exercise in logic.
>>
>>31049859
>>
>>31049418
>implying
Washington is shall-issue, no rosters, no mag limits, SBRs and suppressors are go for purchase and assembly, and requires nothing beyond a 4473 for purchasing long guns. The hunting laws are a little silly, but just keep a fuddy bolt action around for them and you're golden.
>>
>>31049859
Doesn't the Washington ban include machine guns registered in 86, though?
>>
>>31049189
Don't move to Cali. Forget the gun laws, everything else about living in Cali is absolute dogshit.
>>
>>31049189
All you commiefags better have signed them petitions.
>>
>>31049287
Like what?

Next year you will need a special ammo license and background check just to buy ammo.
>>
>>31050017
They estimate that over a third will be thrown out and some larger retailers won't even let them in the store. We'll get the signature but they won't be certified.
>>
File: 1464907640231.gif (2MB, 265x257px) Image search: [Google]
1464907640231.gif
2MB, 265x257px
>>31049189
>Are the gun laws in Commiefornia really that bad?

Yes. And it's only going to get worse if residents don't fight back.

Here's a quick summary of some current gun laws:
>pistol sales are subject to review and approval for the DOJ roster (i.e. limited availability of pistol selection)
>new model pistols need to "microstamp" their cartridges before ejection from the gun
>new model pistols need to have loaded chamber indicator
>salt rifles need to have bullet button installed
>10 round magazine limits
>new legislation no longer allows grandfathered greater than 10 round mags
>new legislation criminalizes falsely claiming your guns were lost/stolen
>new legislation criminalizes not reporting lost/ stolen guns
>new legislation requires background checks on ALL ammo sales
>new legislation will ban the sale of "assault" rifles that have a detachable magazine, however, there's already a workaround that requires opening the action of the gun

There's many more, but I don't recall at the moment. Some of these laws haven't taken effect and may be challenged in court.

The residents aren't necessarily anti-gun. The "representatives" are the ones pushing these anti-gun laws forward.
>>
>>31049189
>Willingly moving to this shit hole
For what purpose?
>>
>>31049189
They are. But here's the worst part:

They are about to get worse. Gavin Newsom is going to win govenor and he is going to sign everything.
All the fuckheads who railroaded all the recent gun bills are still climbing the political ladder and the culture here is going to keep getting toxic.
>>
>>31050834
You can't even have a bullet button anymore, they just banned them.

Detachable magazines are legal provide you have no "assault" features (like pistol grips), the legislation just says that bullet buttons count as a detachable magazine now.

But yeah it's fucking stupid don't move to CA if you want gun rights.
>>
>>31050834
>The residents aren't necessarily anti-gun
Bull fucking shit. Th culture in the state is beyond just anti-gun. It's anti-self preservation to the core.

The typical California "Conservative" is practically an authoritarian democrat other than the muh jesus part.
>>
>>31049888
>>31049955
>>31050028
>>31050834
>>31049754
Yeah fuck it.

I'll move to Washington or Oregon instead
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.