[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Liberals clearly have a problem with guns that is motivated by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9

File: not-tavor.jpg (77KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
not-tavor.jpg
77KB, 800x600px
Liberals clearly have a problem with guns that is motivated by their own emotions. They just think guns are scary.

How would you educate liberals in firearm usage and deployment to make them less afraid of guns?

VERY HARD MODE: No stats on their use in crimes. Just straight up facts on their operation that should soothe fears.

EUROPEAN EXTREME MODE: Define "Assault Weapon" in a way that would make sense to both pro and anti gun camps.
>>
i put my dick on they foehead, and say do somthing. then mebbe they think it be nice to hav a gon.
>>
>>31042174
Liberal gun owner here. I got into it gradually. Rented a P226 at a range just to see what the big deal was. It dawned on me that people way fucking dumber than me own guns. As long as I'm responsible and safe, it shouldn't be an issue.

Cut to many years later and I just bought my third AK. I try to take friends to the range often, just to show them that simply owning a gun doesn't make you a murderer. Aside from one extremely anti-gun friend of mine, everyone I've offered to take has been pretty receptive.
>>
>>31042174
Hard mode is actually easy mode. Just take them to the range with an AR-15 and a case of ammo and show them a good time. Liberals' fear of guns is largely a fear of the unknown. Once their jimmies stop rustling automatically every time they see a picture of a gun, then you break out the stats and point out the innocent nature of the features on a physical rifle that they think are so dangerous.
>>
>>31042264
noguns here why would you buy more than one gun

it seems like a waste of money
>>
>>31042417
you've got to be joking
>>
>>31042417
why would you buy more than one knife? drink more than one type of beer? listen to more than one band? own more than one pair of shoes? eat at more than one restaurant? need more than one constitutional right?
>>
>>31042417
Different guns do different things well. There have been a few attempts at one gun that does everything, and they're invariably weird and underwhelming.
>>
Fuck it, I'll take a swing.

A firearm is a tool developed either for sport and target shooting (I.E. the ones in the Olympics), home and carry defense, aggressive or defensive combat; but these day's people buy them because they have artistic, mechanical, or historical value. The feeling is akin to buying a doll, you buy one doll and your kid wants an entire play set with all the accessories.

The term 'Assault Weapon' is a largely useless term as it describes anything used in an attacking role. If you used a rock as a weapon to assault someone, then that rock is an assault weapon.
I tried to get my autistic neckbeard banging on all cylinders. How'd I do?
>>
>>31042417
Because fuck you, it's my hard earned money I do what I please with my earnings.
>>
>>31042438
I only own two kitchen knives and most guns do fundamentally the same thing, unlike bands, legal documents, and shoes

if you don't have a consistent beer you buy you're a fag
>>
>>31042484
Fundamentally all bands play music
>>
>>31042417
You don't need a huge arsenal, but there's a basic four.
>one pistol to carry
>one rifle for shooting fuzzy animals or paper/steel targets accurately at long range
>one shotgun for birdshot, buckshot, slugs, and flying clay pigeons, as well as home defense (even Joe Biden advocates shotguns for home defense)
>one AR-15 for cheap low-recoil practice and because every responsible American man is familiar with his nation's current service rifle, as he is part of the militia (all able bodied men 17-45) as described in the Second Amendment
It's no different than buying a full toolkit instead of just a hammer.
>>
>>31042264
Liberal as in socially liberal/libertarian or liberal as in give me half your income to pay for my liberal arts degree?
>>
>>31042424
>>31042438
>>31042449
>>31042516

>replying to bait

summer...
>>
>>31042547
It was worth replying to. I've seen even pro-gun /k/ommandos think they can get through life with just a nuggit or SKS.
>>
>>31042450

>but these day's people buy them because they have artistic, mechanical, or historical value.

no?

I buy them so I can kill someone who wants to kill me
>>
>>31042478
>hey man why are you stuffing your cash into a tin can and throwing it into the ocean, why not spend it on candy or car parts or something
>"FUCK YOU I WONT DO WHAT YOU TELL ME"
>>
>>31042174
>Define "Assault Weapon" in a way that would make sense

Subtle
>>
>>31042484
music/bands fundamental purpose
>elicit an emotional response in the listener
legal documents fundamental purpose
>propose and describe a socially acceptable guideline
shoes fundamental purpose
>go on feet

keep on keepin on then pleb, just don't vote against my rights because you dont cook, and have no taste, which is evident from your lack of understanding that variety is the spice of life.

ps I like a LOT of beer, it depends on my food or my day as to which one I enjoy
>>
File: 1259238055029.png (9KB, 478x265px) Image search: [Google]
1259238055029.png
9KB, 478x265px
>>31042553

>justifying your reply
>>
>>31042509
i see you've never listened to noisecore

>>31042571
>instead of demonstrating why you need 999 different guns, he distills everything well past sensibility

sounds like america is just a shithole where all has lost meaning

sounds like america is not only more dangerous than somalia, but apparently exists within the Warp
>>
>>31042587

>i see you've never listened to noisecore

wow lmao look at me I listen to superobscure music NO one has EVER heard of also I am a faggot
>>
>>31042484
>Not enjoy a literal world of beer.

Your loss.
>>
>>31042555
I was trying for hard mode.

Also that would fall under mechanical value.
>>
>>31042616
maybe if your country made more than literally one decent beer, you wouldn't have to drink so many before finding a good one
>>
want a justification? see>>31042516
I need more than one because of design research and refrencing
>>31042587
>sounds like america is just a shithole where all has lost meaning
obviously, though the gun 'situation' is nowhere near why
>the Warp
unfortunately I don't get your reference, but it sounds like some sci fi I'd dig

assuming not a troll, why are you even on /k/?
>>
>>31042174
Take them shooting, and present yourself as a likeable person. That's all you can do. If they come off the cuff at you just smile politely and say "I'm sorry you feel that way. If you ever change your mind though I'll be happy to help you out" and walk away.
>>
>>31042639
there are a countless number of indy microbrews that are orders of magnitude better that the nation-wide corporate sponsored swill that the rest of the civilised world knows the US for
>>
>>31042174
Frame them in a story problem, rule of law gas failed, the govt is fighting itself, looters are rampant, an officer shows up at his door one night abd waves himself in with his service weapon and brings a few friends in off the street. They help themselves to your food, water, and everything else you and your family were counting on to survive, and then they take your wife/girlfriend/daughter/sister/son for their... personal entertainment. You, ny fine liberal friend allow this to happen and do nothing to stop it, and by the end of the night your home is burning, your loved ones are dead, and a gang led by a rogue officer have put out your eyes with your silverware and move on to another house the next night; my house. When they knock on the door they are met by me, armed, and my family behind me, also armed; those thugs and their boy inblue either die on my doorstep or find another fine citizen like yourself to victimize.

Now, realize this, a gang of crooks can do the same any day of the week and all the police will do is wait until you're half dead and bleeding out to make a move; a gun is insurance against brutality, it's the same as getting a dental checkup or paying insurance on your car, more necessary than either even.
>>
File: mk153_smaw.jpg (52KB, 1152x368px) Image search: [Google]
mk153_smaw.jpg
52KB, 1152x368px
Assault Weapons are pic related
>>
File: MPiKM-1-1.jpg (4MB, 2813x1639px) Image search: [Google]
MPiKM-1-1.jpg
4MB, 2813x1639px
>>31042417
I wanted different historical models. So I have an Egyptian Maadi with traditional wooden furniture, an East German one with their funky Cold War aesthetic, and a Bulgarian Arsenal with poly furniture. May be the same gun, but all very different in design.
>>
File: 20160409_171134-1.jpg (4MB, 1374x3640px) Image search: [Google]
20160409_171134-1.jpg
4MB, 1374x3640px
>>31042535
Socially. Smoke legal weed at your non-denominational gay wedding. I don't give a fuck. Just leave me alone.

I think both sides make some valid points but would rather sit complacent in power than actually make any real, meaningful change. Which is why we should own guns. Because one day we might need to be the ones to force that change.
>>
>>31042871
most modern """"liberals""""" are like this

it's the gen x and boomer sjws that want absolute control over private affairs

actual millenials just want you (the reader and government alike) to fuck off
>>
>>31042174
An assault weapon is one that has the capability to fire in select-fire full/semi automatic modes.
>>
>>31042174
I think at first you would have to educate them a bit:

(1/?)
Gun is a device used to launch small, usually metallic, projectiles (bullets) at high velocities.

Civilians use of guns involves hunting, collecting, competitive and recreational target shooting as well as home and personal defence.

Types of guns that are commonly found in US:
>divide into shotguns, rifles, handguns and subcategories
>basic types of cartridges(rifle, pistol, revolver, rimfire, shotshell)
>which part of round is bullet which is casing (just in case)
>use autoloader instead of semi-auto(it's more descriptive and to prevent "fully semi-auto")
>use machine gun instead full auto
>differences between repeater and semi-auto
>point out that intermediate cartridge autoloaders have been around for more than a century
>point out similar case with semi-auto shotguns
>point out modern style "high capacity" pistol has been available since 1930s(remember to use quotas with high capacity)
>point out wood vs. black fallacy(AR-15 vs. Mini-14)
>>
>>31045876
(2/?)

Magazines and "high capacity":
>detachable vs. non-detachable mags
>mags vs. clip

Explain what bullet button is and why it is?

Semantic problem with "High Capacity"

Does ban on high capacity acomplishes anything?:
>new york reload
>10 rnd mags used in Columbine
>"high capacity" non-detachable magazines(drums etc.)
>>
>>31045936
(3/?) Assault weapons

>Assault weapon is weapon used assault.

>It is also a legal term in the US.

AWB definition(4 characteristic)
>idiocy of some of them (bayonet lugs, barrel shrouds etc.)
>bans by name
>assault 10/22s
>easily dodgeable
>was total failure

3 characteristic:
>dodged by Mini-14

2 characteristics

All above:
>reference previous chapter on "high capacity"

1 characteristic A variant: (just detachable mag and yes, this is a thing) fringe
>implying manual can be as fast as autoloader

1 characteristic B variant: (just semi-auto) fringe
>have been around for more than 100 years

>We need to retire this term.
>>
>>31046032
will be continued
>>
bumbing so it wont die
>>
>>31042174
>They just think guns are scary.
I can wrap my head around self defense and hunting, but something that shoots 30+ rounds in a few seconds is made for putting a lot of holes in a lot of things very fast and the only reasons I've heard for people wanting them are:
Muh militia
Muh rights
Muh swarms of wild animals

>>31042516
I'm with you right up to the fourth one. Anyone trying to invade a country the size of the US in this day and age is just retarded. The only reason for owning an AR-15 seems to be "I'll need it to fight off the Gubmint when they come to take away muh guns"
>>
>ctrl-alt-delete
>no 10 gun myths posted
>alt-f4

guys this is staple information for all of us to memorize, donut let the anti gunners baffle you with bullshit. most of their stats are skewed.

ARM YOURSELVES WITH KNOWLEDGE

http://people.duke.edu/~gnsmith/articles/myths.htm
>>
Hand them an unloaded handgun, point an unloaded handgun at them, they dry fire, I win
>>
>>31047345
But that's precisely it. Rights are rights. They're inalienable and sacred and inherent to our existence. The Bill of Rights doesn't invent the right to free speech, free assembly, and the right to bear arms. It simply states that they already exist and will be guaranteed as a result. We have the right to own chillun killin gangster gats, and we exercise those rights.
>>
>>31042174

I fucking love the integrally suppressed tavor so much god I would cum all over it
>>
>>31042417
If you could buy cars for the same price people pay for guns, you'd have a fucking warehouse full of sports cars, luxury, off road, etc.
>>
File: image.jpg (467KB, 1150x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
467KB, 1150x1600px
>>31042174
You posted this same shit in /pol word for word
>>
>>31042174
It's so strange they have this mentality with guns, but not with blacks, Brazilians, or Muslims
>>
>>31042174
Show them basic gun safety rules, action types and calibres.

Most of them have NO idea about guns, no, zero, null. Show them what exactly are they dealing with.

It would be better if full auto funz would be easier to get because you could give librul loaded PKM or MG3 and tell him to run 2 kilometres with it to simulate running around the school and aborting nigger fetuses after birth. Maybe they would understand why GPMG's are the safest things around.
>>
>>31042639
Wew lad looks like you need to be introduced to the wonderful world of independent breweries.
>>
>>31042417
Some people like collecting - like I want to get MAS36 but I won't take it on range because ammo isn't too common and as such - it's pretty expensive. So if I'm gonna to get surplus bolt action on range I'm more likely to get Mosin.

Hunters for instance need several guns depending on the game they want to hunt. Using real fucking nato on rabbits is little bit overkill but trying to kill a bear with 5,56 isn't the best idea either.

Some people want self-defence gun for house(shotgun, pistol, depends) while also wanting compact pistol for carry. Some use .22LR for sporting purposes but wouldn't risk using it against people(because it's shit manstopper).

Others want a cheap, low-recoil rifle for fun, so think of pistol-calibre rifles, but also want actual rifle for other purposes.
>>
>>31042871
>>31044865
That's libertarian, famalam. Now go vote for Johnson, the only decent presidential candidate

>my iPhone tried to autocorrect famalam to Ramadan, damn camel jockeys
>>
>>31042678
Fucking this. The reason I rarely buy the same beers consecutively is because there's a whole fucking rainbow of thousands of breweries making shitloads of different styles. I wouldn't want to drink one gose or one imperial stout all the time, but that's not a reason to never buy them. Shit is seasonal. Different occasions call for different flavors. Just like guns- sometimes you want to faux operate with an AR and send 1000 rounds downrange without maxing out your credit card, other times you want to feel the unbridled recoil of some big fucking specialty round in a crazy handgun and don't mind paying $0.70 per round for the privilege because your wrists can only take $35 worth of that punishment.
>>
>>31047671
>They're inalienable and sacred and inherent to our existence.
sa·cred
ˈsākrəd/
adjective
connected with God (or the gods) or dedicated to a religious purpose and so deserving veneration.
Right, because God decreed, in 1791, that all Americans should have AR-15s.
>>
>>31047968
>sometimes you want to faux operate with an AR and send 1000 rounds downrange
What does 1000 rounds cost on average?
How long does it last you?
>>
>>31042174
Simple: range day. Takes the mystery out of it and is fun as fuck.
>>
>>31047820
>Johnson
>Libertarian
Pick one. Johnson's pro TPP and picked an anti-gun turbofag for VP.
>>
>>31042174
I taught a gun safety course to the Occupy crowd. Out of that group, several became interested (or were already interested) in range trips. AMA, I guess.
>>
>>31048004
>implying
>>
File: ss+(2016-08-20+at+07.16.27).png (22KB, 690x260px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-08-20+at+07.16.27).png
22KB, 690x260px
>>31048004
Stop being shit.
>>
>>31042564
Strawman as fuck
>>
>>31048004
Sweet, more summer /pol/tards.
Go back to blaming the shekel collectors.
>>
>>31042639
the US is leading the world in a veritable Renaissance of craft brewing, I'm sorry if you live in some backwater shithole with no good breweries
>>
>>31047345
This is why I think /k/ should have flags like /pol/.
Some retarded Aussie is shitting up the thread because he doesn't understand freedom and people are taking the bait. If we had flags, everyone would just call him a Cuck and not indulge him.
>>
>>31049497
If it did, you'd see you were responding to an American.
>>
File: 1440784625295.png (658KB, 1155x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1440784625295.png
658KB, 1155x1020px
>>31042174
>How would you educate liberals...?
I'd start with pic related, the smartest thing i've ever seen on /k/.
>>
>>31042424
He's not. I only need one gun. The other 60 I bought looking for that one. About to buy some more in my search for "the one".
>>
>>31042417
Nocars here, why would you buy more than one car

It seems like a waste of money
>>
>>31042174
You don't. Liberalism is a mental illness.
>>
>>31042174
>How would you educate liberals in firearm usage and deployment to make them less afraid of guns?
You can't. Users of doublethink are pinnacle of philosophy they are impervious to any argument and always win discussion. It is impossible to deal with them peaceful way.
>>
>>31048200
I think he only chose Weld because he's better than him at voicing shit, and he seems like a good guy.
He said he'll look over the TPP.
>>
>>31042174
Take them to fun range
>>
>>31047345
>only reasons for wanting them are militia, hunting, defense
Only reason I've heard people want free speech is that they want free speech. What the fuck does it matter why? And why do I need to justify that to you?
Sure using guns for crime infringes on your rights but it's not the guns it's the people and the criminals, not all guns and by extension their owners, that need to answer.
What about all the greedy pharm owners out there abusing people's right to life and persuit of happiness? Why aren't people demanding they justify why they charge so much for life saving medication?
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.