[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever wanted to work in the firearms industry? Do yo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: century-arms-logo.png (18KB, 400x125px) Image search: [Google]
century-arms-logo.png
18KB, 400x125px
Have you ever wanted to work in the firearms industry? Do you neglect to take pride in your work, and thrive in an environment that doesn't quality check that poor work? Are you a monkey?

If you've answered yes to any of these questions, Century Arms wants you! They are hiring entry level Assemblers in their Vermont location.

http://www.centuryarms.com/media/wysiwyg/pdf/Assembler4-2014.pdf

http://www.centuryarms.com/media/wysiwyg/pdf/Application_for_Employment_2014.pdf

They are looking pretty hard, and a friend of mine told me he applied to work there yesterday and they called him back today.
>>
>>31039095
>tfw tempted to risk everything just to get a foot in the door for firearms manufacture
So any machinists here willing to chime in if this would be a dead end job? I know they probably just want someone to monkey together rivets and going to school during the meantime would be more useful but would this be worth it?
>>
known bumpy
>>
>>31039095
I wonder what the pay is like.

How's Vermont for gun stuff? I hear the scenery is wonderful.
>>
>>31041168
Constitutional Carry.
>>
>>31041172
Oh shit. Maybe this is an opportunity to get out of fucking Ohio.
>>
>>31041168

Starts at $11/hr, with a shift differential for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th shifts.
>>
>>31041302
Ouch, nevermind then.
>>
>>31039095
>They are looking pretty hard, and a friend of mine told me he applied to work there yesterday and they called him back today.
no shit, they pay minimum wage.

i sent in a m85 with crooked rear sight block and instead of straightening it out the fucking retard hit the dust cover with a brass mallet. how do i know he used a brass mallet? because he left the scratches on the cover.
>>
>>31041302
>$11 per hour

No wonder most weapons that leave there are steaming piles of shit.
>>
>>31041598
Top kek. Truth.

I'm a former gun writer for Tactical Weapons, and Century Arms make garbage about 20% of the time. But their warranty is very solid.
>>
>>31041598
>>31041302

$11/hr you probably have bern out college stoners that have no idea nor give a fuck if they are assembling them correctly.

Also, $11/hr is pretty terrible for Vermont. Average wage is like $60,000 a year there.
>>
>>31042213
how is their warranty solid? you have a year to get your weapon repaired or replaced and after that you're shit out of luck.

most people that send in their guns don't get a satisfactory solution the first time around either from what i've seen. i live in a shithole where it has to be sent to a FFL each time which means i'm out of a transfer fee each time i sent it in.
>>
>>31042862

oh come off it m8 u fukin wanker
>>
>>31044031
hey faggot certain States in the US California among them you have to do that
so think before you run your British or Australian mouth
>>
>>31042526
Yeah, but it's "Vermont", the holy grail of gun states, the anal wrecker of New York, and the land of Hickok45 here. Also, there are jobs there.
>>
>>31044477

$11/hour bullshit ass jobs maybe
>>
>>31044477
Got any EMS jobs?
>>
>>31044082
You can't ship to a FFL without using a FFL in CA? Is that because of their registry?
>>
>>31044477
hickok45 lives in Kentucky or Tennessee, though
>>
>>31045509

That's not true. You can ship a gun back to the manufacturer for repairs and have it shipped back to you. Just not any gun.
>>
>>31042862

Can't speak for warranty but customer service is good. Bought an MPAP a few months ago and it shipped without a magazine (5.56 version). Emailed Century, said no problem, received a brand new Gen3 Magpul in the mail about a week and a half later.

Anyway, $11/hr for entry manufacturing is not that bad for a right-to-work state. Might be a little low for Yankee Vermont, but if Century were in the Southeastern US they'd have hundreds of people waiting outside their doors at that wage.
>>
>>31042526
It is an assembly job. Why would it pay more than $11/hr? It is unskilled labor.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.