[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /k/ think about the mini 30. I plan on getting something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: hqdefault.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
What does /k/ think about the mini 30. I plan on getting something like it.Pro and Con Is there any other rifles similar to it. I like it mainly because it uses 7.62x39.
>>
>>31027661
Light primer strikes and crappy magazines.
>>
I think it's the closest thing to a modern M1 Carbine with proper pointy bullets, which is neat. The 580 series seems reasonably accurate and reliable so far.
>>
>>31027661
Why not just go with an AK?
>>
>>31027661
Expensive as shit and ass-shit quality mags, not accurate unless you get an accustrut and bed it.
>>
>>31027661
theres literally no reason to get one over an SKS except for personal taste or because you have money to blow. keep in mind it may or may not cycle steel case ammunition.
>>
>>31027661
I've heard it hates steelcase and has a .308 barrel so you're stuck feeding it American eagle, kind of defeats the purpose of 7.62x39 really
>>
>>31027680
>light primer strikes

Is this specific to the mini 30? I owned two different mini14s and never had a problem.
>>
>>31027695
Could be he lives in a restrictive state or country. I know some european contries let you have mini 14/30s but not akms/ars for hunting.
>>
>>31027661
If it won't eat cheap steel, I can't see a reason to get one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkN3lK4T1xM
>>
>7.62x39 gun
>uses proprietary magazines

It brings up the same question the Mini-14 not using regular STANAGs does.

For what purpose?
>>
>>31027695
I already have an ak. Yugo npap.
Been thinking about mini 30 cause I do not like having different types of rounds.
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 986x592px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 986x592px
Better rifle coming through.
>>
>>31027757
I think that Ruger wants to keep prices up by having everything be proprietary, and divorce the Mini line from AK and AR variants as much as possible in the hopes that they'll be saved from an AWB.

But as everyone else said, there's no reason to get one over an SKS because they can't eat steel surpshit.

If you want a non-commie semi-auto .30 cal rifle and absolutely love the aesthetics of the Mini line, a Mini-.300 might be a better option.
>>
>>31027855
>no wood stocks without manually building your own out of a Remington 1100 stock
>lowers appear out of stock everywhere
I wanted to build a 6.5 Grendel SCR for hunting, too. I might just get a .308 Vepr at this point.
>>
>>31027723
Pretty much. Only applies if you're using cheapo imported ammo. Those primers tend me be harder than 'murican made ones.
>>
>>31027988
Unfortunately, cheap steelcase is like half the reason to go 7.62x39 over another caliber, so this really renders the Mini Thirty a niche rifle for rich Californians who can't get an AK.
>>
>>31027855
>Better
>AR
Memes intensify.
>>
>>31028611
>ar
wait but where does the buffer tube go

what the fuck am i looking at?
>>
>>31028647
It's an Ares SCR, a totally-not-an-AR15-I-swear-Senator lower designed to circumvent dumb ass laws that ban pistol grips. The BCG and buffer tube extend into the stock, although it'll take a standard bolt.
>>
>>31027855
Pretty sure the SCR is being discontinued. Ares became FightLite and removed it from their product line up.
>>
>>31028950
Fug.
>>
>>31028847
>The BCG and buffer tube extend into the stock
at an angle?
>>
>>31029606
You'd be surprised what can happen in gun physics.
>>
>>31027712
my mini 14 wont cycle steel
>>
nah go with the mini 14 senpai
>>
>>31027757
>proprietary magazines

Goddamn I'm tired of seeing this argument. When you design a mag well adapter or modifications to fix that, then you can bother mentioning it. The mini is old as fuck and from a time when AKs and ARs weren't flooding the market. The proprietary mags always comes up, but nobody mentions shit like that with pistols and nobody wants to admit that better designs exist either. Theyve just been spoiled. Either way the mini has no problems selling so why bother changing it. Ruger already makes expensive and budget ARs as it is. There are other areas that should be improved more
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.