[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm in my final year of Uni and want to join the army after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

I'm in my final year of Uni and want to join the army after I leave, I have been told that the average wait time these days is generally 1-2 years to get in. I was thinking of joining the reserves in the meantime to get a feel for it.

Does anyone have any advice about picking/joining the reserves that would help? and also any general tips on what to expect in the reserves as opposed to the regulars?
>>
The average wait time isn't that long for the army. I was in basic training two months after my final interview.
>>
>>31026613
That's odd since the careers adviser told me that it would be best to put my application in asap since the wait for my choices would be 1-2 years depending on how well I did at selection. He said that I should apply during my final year, maybe do the reserves then by the time I finish I should be off to training.
>>
Make sure you research your reserve regiment choices like a fucking detective. I'm being serious. I jumped between about 3-4 different places due to them being utterly awful and not offering anything to new guys.
I had an awful experience.

I have some horror stories from my time in the reserves.
>>
I wouldn't even bother, final nail in the coffin will be women coming in to the infantry. They've already made ITC easymode in the last 2 years.

Might as well just scrap it all and buy loads of drones.
>>
>>31026637
Depends what unit you're going for.
>>
>>31026592

I'm in exactly the same situation as you.

But I was kind of set on joining the Intelligence Corps, but apparently it's like 40% women so I'm not sure what to do since you're meant to have a regiment in mind if you want to become an officer.
>>
>>31026894
>But I was kind of set on joining the Intelligence Corps, but apparently it's like 40% women

If that's you're attitude you won't get far in the Int Corps.
>>
>>31026898
To be fair, women are a liability in the military
>>
>>31026592

If you join the reserves it will take even longer to get into the regulars.
>>
does anyone know anything about getting into the US Reserves? Especially the officer Corps?
>>
>>31027119
Why's that?
>>
>>31026592
Can I be a fat weak piece of shit and still get into the military?
I can't get a "real" job but I need some way to make money
>>
>>31028423
Nah, you'll probably make it through selection but then get weeded out during your training.
Then again many people to the base level of exercise and make it through but they get known as the worthless ones in the group.
You really only have two options
1) Be the grey man. Just remain in the middle of everything, be average.

2)Be one of the best

You do NOT want to get a name for being the pussy bitch who just about manages to do the marches, runs etc. That reputation will make your life miserable during training. The PTIs will hate your guts and other recruits will not want to be with you during exercises and will gladly let you know it.
>>
>>31026592
The wait time is around 6-9 months. 1-2 years is plain wrong. Navy and RAF have a wait time of 1-2 years but the army is a lot more efficient in processing the applications and getting you to phase 1.
>>
>>31026637
Iam assuming because of college you are looking at OCS. If thats the case then yes there is a pretty good wait. Is it that long? No not at all.
>>
Wait time is a bit of a misnomer, it will vary between the forces but realistically it will look something like this;

Initial chat,a month wait, proper talk about options etc, a month or two wait, medical/eye tests, a month wait psychometrics, a month wait, final interview, a month wait, acquaintance course of some description, at this point you get your entrance date, wait a month or two and you are in.

So the time flies by if you are prepping for the next bit. It's not like you do everything then twiddle your thumbs for a 18 months, it's more the process and steps take a while to get through.

All said I think I have been about 11 months and am now just waiting till my entry date. It would be very doable to run it alongside your last year, however my advice would be to have 6 months downtime after uni.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.