[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok /k/ I dont know too much about weapons..but you guys do.So..

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: Mosin_nagant_m9130_from_cia.jpg (24KB, 1200x377px) Image search: [Google]
Mosin_nagant_m9130_from_cia.jpg
24KB, 1200x377px
Ok /k/ I dont know too much about weapons..but you guys do.So..

I have a nugget...like you all do.Now I want to use it for hunting but accuracy of course on these is hit and miss I have heard.Ive shot with it and its not great.So,would it be cheaper to take it too a gunsmith to get it where it needs to be for hunting or just buy a hunting rifle in 308?
>>
>>31022378
I've heard it is possible to hunt with it. Some of my friends and I with nuggets want to go hunting with it too. So I'm also interested in the answers.
>>
>would it be cheaper to make some minor tweaks to a gun or buy a whole new gun

Find a local gunsmith with a good reputation and ask him to tune it up.
>>
>>31022378
Buy a hunting rifle.
>>
Buy a new gun. Both you and the animal you are trying to kill(as in it's dead and not slowly dying from a horrible placed shot) will be much better off. If youre not going to be an ethical hunter then stick to whoppers and crunch wrap supremes.
>>
>>31022436
Thanks for the input.
>>
Depends on how far off the gun is, what game you plan on hunting and what distances you expect to shoot at.

Say it's shooting 2-3 moa and you plan on hunting whitetail. Well...stay at 100 yards or closer and you don't need to make any tweaks to it at all really.
>>
>>31022451

This, it's your responsibility as a hunter to make sure you can put the animal down cleanly
>>
>>31022378
Buy a Savage rifle. Slightly more expensive ($200-300 range including an optic), but not by much, and it will not fail you.
>>
>>31022513
Yea ive heard the savage is nice for the price.Ill look into it.
>>
Most Mosins are fine for huinting out to ~300 yards. It's the plinking ammo and shooter that are the most innacurate part of the equation. If you can hit a 3 inch area out to ~100 yards with decent ammo, as most rifles can, you can make a clean and humane kill on anything in America.
>>
>>31022378
you can have it re-barreled but you may as well just buy a ruger american for what itll cost.

give it some practice though. if youre new, it may be you and not the gun. after a few months of steady practice, if you cant hit a paper plate at ~100 yards thats plenty accurate enough.

if you dont have the time you may as well just buy a new production rifle and put a cheap 3-9 on it.
>>
>>31022643
all of a sudden i have the urge to go sasquatch hunting with my nugget
>>
File: putin-laughing.jpg (11KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
putin-laughing.jpg
11KB, 240x200px
>>31022707
>if you cant hit a paper plate at ~100 yards thats plenty accurate enough
>cant
>>
>>31022709
do it, them samsquatch bastards been getting uppity lately.
>>
>>31022728
it was clearly a typo, you mong
>>
>>31022739
ikr, greasy bastards
>>
>>31022378
If you want a cheap hunting rifle but are concerned with Mosin accuracy, get a Yugo Mauser instead
>>
File: 12346131761346.jpg (126KB, 1001x1026px) Image search: [Google]
12346131761346.jpg
126KB, 1001x1026px
>>31022417
>>31022378

The fact that the rifle has no windage adjustments pretty much makes it a slave to the surplus, as they were zeroed with it and not depending on humidity and temperature that day. Unless you completely replace the front sights than you can at least hit something that is not outside the sight post.

You might as well get something a bit lighter and more portable as well for a hunting rifle that can offer you something much better. Otherwise hunting is not cheap.
>>
>>31024420
>hunting
>windage
>temperature
>humidity

I've been hunting my whole life and can honestly say I've never adjusted for any of these things.
>>
>>31024443
He means that the rifles were adjusted in the middle of fucken Russia where the temperature was fucken cold and the humidity might of been different to where you are now

Meaning that as the rifle traveled across the world the metal can expand and contract fucking the zero
>>
>>31024471
Which should only prove problematic if you have no idea of the rifles POI, yeah? Who doesn't have a good idea of that with their hunting loadings?
>>
File: image.jpg (849KB, 1746x2164px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
849KB, 1746x2164px
>>31022378
Depends on how it shoots now and if you'll need to rebarrel it. If you say it's no great have someone else shoot it, maybe it's you? No offense or anything. If it's in good order I would float the barrel and shim the stock as something that is very cheap and non noticeable when the rifle is assembled. You can also replace the trigger with one from an M39, it's sightnificantly lighter and smoother(but desu I had a chinkshit t53 that had an incredibly smooth trigger so that could just be good wear). Either of my nuggets can hit a small clay pigeon at 100 yards with ease all day.
>>
>>31024496
>Blurring the fact that you own an M&P15 AR

Don't be ashamed, anon.

That AK, though, I almost bought one that looked just like that. Forgot who made it, though.
>>
>>31024738
Just blurring the serial. In fact I love the M&P and apart from the barrel and handguards its not worse than other options out there. There were a few colts and a BCM at the range when I took it out and I was really surprised that they looked to made no better. The AK is a bulgarian Arsenal and it's pretty awesome too.
>>
I plan on taking my 91/30 or my new Type 53 hunting this fall, my 91/30 is reasonably accurate at 100m its just my trigger pull could use some training

which by the way, i just got my Type 53 yesterday for $200USD from a friend and none of the serials match, im thinking about getting an angled bolt for it. what do you all recommend/advise against me doing to it since it is the way it is
>>
>>31024482
*tips fedora*
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.