[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck guys, it's [current year] and there isn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0031_zps939263de.jpg (294KB, 1024x506px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0031_zps939263de.jpg
294KB, 1024x506px
What the fuck guys, it's [current year] and there isn't a modernized M1903A3 made by any major firearms company yet.

Okay, made a thread a few weeks ago, seemed like there was some pretty good enthusiasm for something like this so I'll bring it back up and hopefully we can get a few more of you to write Ruger and tell them you want something like this.

>Bolt Action
>4 groove 24" Barrel parkerized doesn't need to be free floated
>Mauser Action with external extractor
>Long radius iron sights with fully adjustable (no tools) aperture type in back, and fixed hooded blade up front
>Double stack detachable box magazine
>Also takes stripper clips
>Picatinny rail forward of action
>Full length synthetic stock with top hand guards
>Storage in butt for cleaning equipment
>Integrated sling loops in stock
>Steel butt plate for pounding tent stakes
>Bayonet Lug
>Available in .308 .270WIN .30-06 and .300WM
>>
File: wm_3253511.jpg (65KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
wm_3253511.jpg
65KB, 1280x960px
Worth noting: Underground Skunkworks has made a pretty cool looking rifle with flip up iron sites called the SPECTER.

http://www.tactical-life.com/firearms/underground-skunkworks-specter-bolt-action-battle-rifle-babr/
>>
Gibbs Rifle Company was going to put out 1903A3 rifles with synthetic stocks, but the buyers weren't there so they cut production.
>>
>>31019211
Why would you want a modernized one?
I want one of these a lot if I had the space for it but most of that is the historical/collectors appeal.
>>
>>31019231
that looks like beer battered dog shit
>>
>modernized

What's wrong with the original?
>>
File: six-of-seven.jpg (75KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
six-of-seven.jpg
75KB, 720x960px
>>31019211
>not owning seven originals
>>
>>31020185
maybe he means new production
>>
>>31020204
I've always wanted one of those. They are pretty expensive though
>>
File: VBEycfmb_400x400.jpg (16KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
VBEycfmb_400x400.jpg
16KB, 400x400px
>>31020185
Just want to see a product improved version with some modern amenities.

For what it is, the original is still one of the best bolt action rifles ever made.

>>31020204
>Jealousy
>mfw
>>
>>31020204
I hate how much US surplus is just because of fucking fudds hoarding them because they treat them like fucking pokemon and have to have every single possible version.
>>
>>31020296
When SHTF six of his friends will be lucky motherfuckers.
>>
>>31020296
I don't own an A1 or A4, just seven A3's and only one isn't a Remington. They're all 1943 original, no variation there. I own a nugget, P38k, and Garand, that's all my milsurp. Am I a fudd?
>>
>>31020320
Only when you start going to gun shows and putting them on display with NOT FOR SALE/ DO NOT TOUCH tags on them.
>>
>>31020320
I guess the question the other anon has, and I suppose I would also like to know, is if you would ever be interested in selling one or two to us lowly /k/omrades?
>>
>>31020369
Nawh, I keep em nice and shiny and loan them to the local Foreign Legion for parades / 21 gun salutes. They're as much the community's as they are mine, in a sense.
>>
>>31019231
There is nothing cool about it. It looks like an aborted nigger ran over by a truck and left in the rain for 6 days
>>
>>31020397
Well I guess that's pretty cool too. At least they're being used for something honorable.
>>31020414
I still like a few of the concepts it has built into it. Flip up irons for one, especially the rear sight is pretty innovative.
>>
>>31020439
I don't care about the 'concepts'. Looks very distasteful, you can't tacticool a bolt action for fucks sake
>>
>>31019231
I like the concept, but that color scheme looks like ass. What action is it built on?
>>
>>31020439
>I still like a few of the concepts it has built into it.

The only thing "unique" about it is the fixed flip-up irons.

I'd have used SR-25 magazines instead, and included a dust cover that slides with the bolt.

And fuck turn-bolt actions; they're boring. Make it a straight pull.
>>
>>31020332
that never made any goddamn sense to me - why would you bring firearms if you don't want people to ask to buy them or to fingerfuck them?
>>
>>31020940
To show off their collection.
>>
>>31020940
I don't know, but it is one of my biggest peeves. And at the DFW shows there's always a few of the same faggots at each one.
>>
>>31020975
So take a fucking photo and then show that - who cares you old fuck? I'm at a gunshow for bargains (which never happens) or to buy beef jerky.
>>
So how are the Remington made m1903a3? Only ones I see on gunbroker.
>>
You could probably do it- or have a company like Centur...fuck, any other company do it. You'd have to have some new receivers manufactured somewhere. The rest of the parts are still out there, and new stocks are being made these days.

I wish I had my 03A3 back- that was a nice rifle and I got it for a song.
>>
>>31021096
Remington and Smith Corona are the only ones worth their salt, idk any others.
>>
>>31019973
They're badass. I love mine.
>>
>>31023177
Any reproduction made to original military specs (stocks and all) would probably end up costing more than originals, and function half as well.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.