[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Enemy at the gates inaccuracies thread. Why does everyone speak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (39KB, 299x446px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 299x446px
Enemy at the gates inaccuracies thread. Why does everyone speak in cockney accents? Why are the bolts on the mosins not straight?
>>
>>31014466
Because it's a movie.
>>
>>31014466
The guy who's based of the main character wasn't even a hero, he was a Navy man that joined the Sniper school, he DID have a one day battle with a German soldier, a GERMAN SOLDIER, not a major or anything.
>>
>>31014479
If I was making a movie about a legendary and historical battle I would try to be in at least the 97% historical accuracy range.
>>
>>31014496
Ok. Go make a better movie.
>>
>>31014466
The book by william craig is an amazing historical account of stalingrad, shifting between russian and german perspectives. The german side gets so utterly depressing towards the end, it's hard to read and imagine people going through that.
Vassilli shows up for about 2-3 sentences of the book, thank god.
>>
>>31014486
That too.
>>
>>31014466
this movie blows, faggot
>>
This is now a recommend good realistic /k/ tier war movies that have nothing to do with the shit op the faggot posted

I'll start with:

Beneath Hill 60, World-War 1 Movie, great one at that. Very accurate. Y'all love it famfams
>>
>>31014808

+ thread
>>
File: zaitsev.jpg (23KB, 300x371px) Image search: [Google]
zaitsev.jpg
23KB, 300x371px
>>31014486
>250 confirmed kills
>11 of them snipers
>defended the motherland
>not a hero

nigga what the fuck you talkin about?
>>
>>31015080
Is a confirmed kill an official military thing?
>>
>>31015080
>used a Mosin

into the trash he goes
>>
>>31015140
I firmly believe that he was used for propaganda purpose and nothing more.

>*BANG*
>Ahuu Vasily you kill another Facist??
>Uhhh yes.. an officer this time..
>I will be of contacting Goldstein of the newpaper! motherland!

all sides of the war partook in propaganda. The Russians were definitely the easiest to say anything to and they would believe..

well maybe other then American Women..
>>
>>31014496
Except the story touched on by the movie is only a couple pages of the actual battle. Seriously, read the book.
>>
>>31015182
So did Simo the Finnish sniper, what's your point?
>>
>>31016168
Just another meme propaganda story
>>
>>31014466
The dialogue is in English because watching it in Russian and German would pretty well limit the audience to subtitles and it's harder to connect with the characters.
The bolts on the Mosins weren't straight because they were purposely designed with a 90 degree bend on the "sniper" variants, allowing the end of the bolt to clear the PE scopes.
As for other inaccuracies, Jude Law and Ed Harris weren't really alive yet during the Battle of Stalingrad, no one could have actually been there filming it with modern movie equipment, and there wasn't really an orchestral soundtrack playing during battles or dramatic interludes as the Russians didn't see much point in it in 1942.
C'mon. It's a movie, with some basis in reality and probably just as much if not more truth than the propaganda that floats around either during a war or after it.
>>
>>31016168
I'd have more respect if they weren't using the worst bolt-action rifle ever designed
>>
>>31016244
>>31015182
You guys are idiots.
>>
File: 312341`235`123ta.gif (294KB, 300x222px)
312341`235`123ta.gif
294KB, 300x222px
>>31016129
>USSR
>Jews in propaganda
>Under Stalin to boot
No

Also
>It's not real because it's the USSR
Come on son...
>>
>>31016316

wheredoyouthinkweare.gif
>>
>>31016301

Ok bud.
>>
>>31016301
>Use the "worst bolt-action rifle ever" to kill hundreds
>Somehow less impressive than using a better rifle
Do you even think things through?

Also
>Killing hundreds with a sniper rifle is not at all worth the utmost respect
It's not like that shits easy.
>>
>>31016330
Slavboo detected.
>>
File: 00yagoda3.jpg (23KB, 333x435px) Image search: [Google]
00yagoda3.jpg
23KB, 333x435px
>>31016330

Bro are you even trying?

Hi my name is Genrik Yagoda, I created the gulag system as we know it and orchestrated the Holodomor. Also, I'm Jewish.

Srsly the USSR was about as non-discriminatory of a regime as you got back then. Are you an evil heartless fucker? You're in! Until Stalin dislikes you.
>>
>>31015182
Bait_fish.jpg
>>
>>31014466
I don't remember cockney accents.
>>
>>31017757
Bitch he was purged and executed after 2 years of being in charge. He didn't at all 'create the gulag system as we know it', it was expanded into it was we know it literally before and after Yagoda was in charge, in the early '30s, the late '30s, and the mid to late '40s, literally never when Yagoda was director. And his involvement in 'orchestrating' the Holodomor was, at best, minimal. He wasn't even remotely in charge yet, in fact he wasn't even a proper party member and was just an NKVD officer who preformed the duties assigned to him well.

>Srsly the USSR was about as non-discriminatory of a regime as you got back then.
You're fucking retarded. Like, completely fucking retarded. You have no idea what you're talking about. You're even fucking contradicting yourself.

>nah brah, the soviet union was totally chill with all people and the least discriminatory regime at the time
>that's why they did the holodomor, which is considered at best, the mass neglect of a specific nation, and more commonly a genocide which killed between 1-12 million people. Who also happened filled the gulags with millions of gays, anti-communists, anti-Stalinists, anyone who happened to visit the wrong country at the wrong time, anyone who got captured by enemy forces (because they're totally spies amirite), anyone of questionable nationality, anyone who didn't 'vote' for Stalin, anyone who told seditious jokes, anyone who tried to preach any religion almost anywhere, or anyone they didn't like for any reason and would fabricate evidence against them as proof of their 'crimes'.

1/2
>>
File: 1467749386512.png (129KB, 529x515px) Image search: [Google]
1467749386512.png
129KB, 529x515px
>>31017757
>>31019987
2/2

>Bro are you even trying?
Are you? Because you just sound like either a god damn 15 year 'communist' that wants to rebel against mommy and daddy for spending too much time working for the evil capitalist corporation, when you don't even know the first about communism or what life was actually like in the USSR or a retard /pol/ack who gets all his evidence, history, and overall information from memes people post to troll you with.

tl;dr - Take your revisionist shit elsewhere, preferably shoving it somewhere deep in your ass.

t. Someone who grew up in Papa Stalin's later years and actually lived in the USSR until it collapsed, unlike your fat coddled ass
>>
>>31015080
He's a red, and therefore can never be a hero.
>>
File: 1470350018154.jpg (64KB, 709x538px)
1470350018154.jpg
64KB, 709x538px
Did you also whine about the English accents in Gladiator and Rome? Do you complain when subtitles appear because little text showing translated dialogue don't appear in real life? Is it awful that the political officer in the Hunt for Red October switched to English from Russian after saying 'Armageddon' because it's the same in both languages? Did you write off The Shining because you can see the shadow of the helicopter containing the camera in the opening sequence?

Jesus Christ. Autists please go.
>>
>>31014808
paths of glory by stanley kubrick
>>
>>31014808
As for Vietnam, We Were Soldiers is the only realistic movie.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.