[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to buy a 1911. What are some of the things I should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: hgfdsdhgsf.jpg (41KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
hgfdsdhgsf.jpg
41KB, 500x324px
I want to buy a 1911. What are some of the things I should know/look out for?
>>
>>31014133
Memes like Kimber. Buy a RIA it can do anything an Expensive 1911 can and you wont feel bad running it through its paces. Ive got 5k rounds through mine and ive only replaced the recoil springs.
>>
>>31014284
I was surprised the other day at how affordable a Kimber could actually be. Two tone full size for $740. I'm not completely disagreeing, I'm just saying it's not out of reach.
>>
Remmington R1 is probably the best base model 1911 without getting any extra bells and whistles on. Solid fit and finish for a reasonable price.
>>
>>31014303
For the Price of one Kimber you could own two RIA, Duel Wielding Bitch.
>>
>>31014309
Or you could get a tacticooled out 10mm RIA.
>>
>>31014313
But muh .45 kills your soul
>>
>>31014133

Looser fit means more reliable, so if that's important, look for one that rattles.
Bushing fit however can still be pretty tight without affecting reliability. To a certain point, anyway.
The budget tier 1911s ship with very low quality mags. You'll probably want to replace them. Most mags $15 and up are fine.
>>
>>31014133
Colt 1991 Series 80 reporting in. Good gun. They're cheeper now than they've ever been, so it's a good time to get into one.

I'd say shoot for Colt or Springfield. Consider the Colt 1991 or the Springfield Mil-Spec for more of a traditional configuration. If you've got cash to burn, and want more of a modern configuration, I'd consider the Wiley Clapp Gov't Model Colt, or the TRP Springfield.

As far as things to look for, I'd stay away from anything under 6 bills. I know the RIA's and the Auto Ordnances are decent for the money, but its not that hard to save a little more and buy something you can hand down to your children with pride. That and there tends to be more MIM parts and cast frames in the lower tier guns. Nothing wrong with that - just know that the longevity of the pistol won't stand up to forged guns.

Good luck getting into one.
>>
>>31014133
Budget 1911's aren't worth it

If you're going to buy one, fork up the money to get one that lasts
>>
>>31014133

7+1
>>
>>31014410
But I've had my *insert budget 1911 here* for 400 years and have but 42 billion rounds through it with NO PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER!!!!!!
>>
>>31014133
>2016
>Buying a 1911

There is a reason it never saw notable adoption outside of the US.
>>
>>31014133
buy a GLOCK
>>
>>31014515
>current year
>something I don't like
Hey (sjw,anti gunner,feminist,liberal) how is that current year argument work for you.
>2016
>like not accepting pedophilla
>come on now it's 2016
>why no reperations
>it is 2016 after all
>>
File: women_point.jpg (128KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
women_point.jpg
128KB, 800x533px
>>31014547
>Taking memes seriously
>Getting this booty blasted about a meme
>>
>>31014326
If .45 kills your soul, 10mm prevents it from reincarnating.
>>
File: five_seven_large[1].png (165KB, 519x370px) Image search: [Google]
five_seven_large[1].png
165KB, 519x370px
>>31014679
your cannonballs can't even touch my copkiller rounds
>>
>>31014133
Get a basic GI model for your first. Get to know it, and upgrade to a model with the bells and whistles you need once you develop an understanding of the weapon. I started with a GI and immediately wasted a fortune modifying it, which I regret.

Also, get a Colt. They are overpriced compared to imports, but the pride of owning a piece of history is priceless. Plus you will never have trouble selling it.
>>
>>31014774
>centerfire .22 magnum that fits ONE pistol, ONE AR upper, and ONE PDW
>can't even punch through armor with civilian legal ammo without the $3/round Elite bullshit
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
>>31014133
https://www.1911addicts.com/threads/buyers-guide-for-all-you-1911-addicts.511/

This is the best guide I've found on the line
>>
>>31014284

Do you have an hands on time with this ria?

http://armscor.com/firearms/gi-series/gi-standard-fs-hc-45acp/
>>
I don't own one been interested in them for a while use to have a ton of stuff saved up about them images and cutaways and stuff.
Probably decide if you want a receiver that has a rail on it or not, those are a lot more bulky and squared than original receivers. Check and see if the extractor is internal or external, older 1911's had internal ones there were a lot easier to brake. Adjustable backstrap if you want that think there might be a few versions where you can't replace some of the rear grip too easily, sights have worked on it for 100+years but you might want something that has dovetail cuts on the front and rear of the slide. finish might be an issue too, you can get them parkarized blued or none of that, if you don't like a certain type of that for one reason or another or want to do it yourself that could be an issue.
If you want an American produced one would probably be my first choice would read up on where they make all the parts before committing to something.
If you want to carry it around you might wanna read up on durability and reliability of whatever your interested in buying, honestly all guns are disposable. They have a lot of moving parts and uses stuff that's like once and done. Moving parts wear down, if it's just a range toy replacing parts shouldn't be too big of a deal if you want to learn about how the thing malfunctions and figuring out how to fix it and getting it running again.
>>
Not to hijack but .45 or .357 sig for first 1911?
>>
>>31014382
>Looser fit means more reliable
maybe if you are dealing with some cheap mass produced 1911 where the lower tolerances are kinda needed to make sure everything can fit and work together, a higher tier 1911 will fit together like a fine watch
>>
File: 1434825375[1].jpg (73KB, 850x556px) Image search: [Google]
1434825375[1].jpg
73KB, 850x556px
>>31014900
>civ legal ammo
it's not a civvie gun, what the fuck are you doing with civ ammo? why there even is civ ammo?
also ruskies into ropocop now.
>>
File: 1911.jpg (44KB, 500x352px) Image search: [Google]
1911.jpg
44KB, 500x352px
>>31014133
CMP will be selling surplus 1911/1911A1's starting at $1000 and going up for the higher tier models. They are supposed to get up to 10,000 of them per year. I don't know when they will start selling them.
>>
>>31015195
$1000 is a steep price to pay for muh nostalgia. Too bad CMP is a pile of shit these days since nothing post WWII is available.
>>
I used to own a RIA and now own a kimber custom II that I picked up for $650 brand new. I greatly prefer the kimber, the frames and slides of the RIA are fine, but all of the control parts suck. If you want an armscor frame and slide but don't want shitty rough parts get an sti spartan
>>
File: rangeofficer.jpg (1MB, 1288x2390px) Image search: [Google]
rangeofficer.jpg
1MB, 1288x2390px
not OP, but this looks like a good place to ask. i'm getting my license soon & this is 1911 I like the most in 9mm. only thing is i don't like the sights on the basic version, & i don't have the experience to change them myself. can i order it with different sights or should i just buy the version with the accessory rail? lastly who else just doesn't like that shiny chrome looking version in the middle?
>>
>>31014410
My RIA just turned 5 and is still incredibly reliable. Haven't had to replace any parts or springs yet.
>>
Watch out for that guy hitler, he's a bad egg! And dont worry about us its 2016 and America hasn't been nuked yet.
-The future
>>
>>31014133

Pay the piper and get a .460 Rowland, you'll be glad you did. It has not become a meme yet.

Even if the .460 ammo is hard to get ahold of, consider that to be the hot ammo for self defense.

It still shoots .45 no problem (though just to be sure use +P).

I mean why not have an auto magnum that's cheaper than a desert eagle? I mean eagles start at a stack and a half.
>>
>>31014303
>full size for $740
Why not spend $50 more and get a Colt?

If you want to spend less than $600. get a RIA. Between 700-$1000. Get a colt. 1000+ get a custom
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.