[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know you've got at least one gun in your arsenal that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: gun.jpg (89KB, 400x544px) Image search: [Google]
gun.jpg
89KB, 400x544px
I know you've got at least one gun in your arsenal that you paid more for than you should have.

I have a Norinco SKS I paid $300 for when they were still going for well under that. I got it because it was clean and right there with no paperwork.
>>
>>31013338
all guns i own are hand me downs :3
suckaaaa
>>
>>31013338
I overpaid for all three of my mosins.
1 M44 for $300
1 91/59 for $300
and 1 M91 that's bubba as fuck for $150
But I really don't give a fuck, because I like them
>>
>>31013413
I recently got a 91/30 for $200

So much cosmoline...

I 409ed and black bagged it
>>
File: 1410578296371.gif (1MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1410578296371.gif
1MB, 250x250px
Not specific to guns but what the fuck is this phenomenon?, it is literally me.

>On the fence about spending $15 at dinner on a steak
>Next day blow $500 on a skiing trip without a second thought
>>
>>31013482
You worry about the $15 dinners because if they add up you won't be able to buy guns or go on skiing trips.
>>
>>31013498
Truer words have never been spoken.
Me personally I get agitated if the old lady buys 2 steaks at the store for $20 or so, but don't bat an eye if she spends $100 on a AC unit.
>>
>>31013482
>$15 at dinner on a steak

Because you're spending $15 on something that's going to become a turd. When was the last time you ever stopped and thought "Damn, that steak I had August 24th 20011 was fucking delicious."

You don't even remember it the next day, it's just money gone.
>>
>>31013511
>don't bat an eye if she spends $100 on a AC unit

Exactly, because you'll have that AC unit for the next 20 years.
>>
The first time I had to pick between a gun and a vacation. Fuck it was only $900 and it'll b a good time but I could've had a PTR or another Sig P226
>>
I paid $900 for a mini Draco once.
Now, mind you, this was many many moons ago when there were only about 1500 imported into the country, same situation as PSLs.

Now that they're coming in again it stings a bit, but what can you do.
>>
Back when I was a noguns noob, I bought a special snowflake glock with a carbine kit for $4999, the guy convinced me it was some futuristic shit like a Kriss Vector, It took me 3 fucking days to realize that I'd just bought a Glock 17 with some doodaa shit strapped to it.

God I was such a fucking retard back then.
>>
File: 3 P1060372.jpg (1MB, 2455x948px)
3 P1060372.jpg
1MB, 2455x948px
>>31013338
I paid around 1400 for my vepr12, but I also feel like I owned it a year longer than almost anybody else on /k/ at least. I wasn't going to even chance it, I had to make sure I got one while I could since russian imports can be so hit and miss.
I'd been desperately looking for an ak shotgun that didn't disappoint for around 3 years at the time. Every saiga conversion I'd seen always had something wrong with it, and none of them really looked like an ak should IMO.
>>31013353
I don't view that as a good thing automatically.
I had hand me downs too, but my interest level in 12ga pump shotguns and marlin 22s etc means they see the light of day(more like basement closet fluorescent) once every few years. And only by accident.
>>
>>31013482

I'm the opposite. I usually sit on the fence on $100+ purchases for a while but I've got no problem going out with my pals for food all the time. But to me I'm not just paying for the food, I'm spending time with friends, so it's all right. I don't go out to eat alone, even to fast food. After a while I look back on all the things I blew my money on and go out and by that expensive thing I've wanted immediately. It's much easier to resist buying little things after buying a big thing than to resist buying little things to save up for the big thing, at least for me.

>>31013338

I once paid $550 for a CZ P-09. I probably could have found one for maybe $100 cheaper, but I had been waiting a while just to see one so when the first one showed up in my city I snatched it up.
>>
>>31013585
I don't know why I'm saying "back then"

It was 2 months ago

Just kill me
>>
>>31013513
Well I took my mom to the fanciest restaurant this side of the country for $80 dollar steaks, $250 for the whole dinner and I'll certainly never forget that. I doubt I'll ever eat food better than that
>>
>>31013590
Honestly I can understand a panic buy on a VEPR-12. I'm lucky as fuck because Atlantic had them cheap when I got mine.
>>
>>31013611
You'll never forget it because you could have had an SCCY for the price of that dinner.
>>
>>31013585

actually $5000 dollars???

thats not a typo??
>>
>>31013338
I paid $500 for a vz2008 and the day I picked it up I went on here and everyone was talking about the $399 deal.
>>
>>31013627
It was worth every dollar, rather than a cheap handgun.
>>
>>31013585
>4999
is this third world money?
or a typo?
because there is no way not even a soccer mom would think of paying that
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.