[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If the US is so powerful, why didn't they win Vietnam?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: Upotte_Poster.jpg (84KB, 308x450px) Image search: [Google]
Upotte_Poster.jpg
84KB, 308x450px
If the US is so powerful, why didn't they win Vietnam?

If the US won Vietnam, why couldn't they win against insurrectionist southern fudds?
>>
Tell me oh shitposter, if Vietnam truly won, why is the country now littered with McDonalds and Starbucks?
>>
>>31012243
Politics ruins everything
>>
>>31012243
Poor bait but you got me.

Vietnam lost against the US military, but not the US political scene. Media blew up the situation to be a hellhole of US death and loss when in reality most military engagements were victories. That and a peace loving hippie movement at the time didn't help anything.

Reminder that NV signed the peace accords and only started reinvading after the US presence dwindled in Vietnam.
>>
File: Bait.jpg (32KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
Bait.jpg
32KB, 500x501px
>>31012243
I'll take the bait;

>>31012256
Said it better than I could.
>>
File: image.jpg (39KB, 329x185px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39KB, 329x185px
>>31012256
You should watch "Brothers in War" on Netflix, it's full of home video from a riverine unit in the Delta in 1967 and has old vets telling stories about how many VC they killed, only to see the next day that US papers only reported US deaths. I think Vietnam was a mistake but that documentary really got me fired up about how horribly we treated draftees from that war.
>>
>>31012256
In addition to this, the US public and Congress were increasingly upset over length and cost of war. When NV violated the peace accords, the US simply didn't care anymore, because it was politically unfeasible to go back into Vietnam and would only support the media image of it being an unwinnable, neverending war.
>>
Damn hippies and their "make peace" and "love everything" garbage
>>
liberals.
>>
>>31012254
This is a horrible argument. Its like saying the french didn't get raped at Dien Bien Phu because Peugeot is the second most popular car manufacturer in Vietnam.
>>
>>31012243
FUCKING HIPPIE SCUM, OUTTA MY WAY VIETNAM FUCKING SHITS
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.