[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You have been hired as part of a security detail for a mega luxury

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12

File: megayacht.jpg (120KB, 962x606px) Image search: [Google]
megayacht.jpg
120KB, 962x606px
You have been hired as part of a security detail for a mega luxury yacht that regularly travels through African and southeast Asian waters. Piracy is rampant. What do you arm yourself with?
>>
>>31009186
Cabbit fursuit.
>>
File: 1468023560613.jpg (194KB, 800x485px) Image search: [Google]
1468023560613.jpg
194KB, 800x485px
>>31009186
>blood for the blood-god
>boat for the boat gaurd

But seriously an ergonomic bullpup would fair best in the tightest of the tightest for close quarters. P90 would probably be my #1.
>>
>>31009186
Bruce Schneuer advising that they cruise somewhere not famous for pirates.
"Security is a trade-off."
>>
>some sort of AR in .308 for longer range shots, fending off incoming pirates

>>31009247
what this anon said for close quarters, or a CZ scorpion

>P226 legion in 9mm for sidearm
>>
If this is a wet dream thread then careless minigun for easy clean up. If this is real world then depending on the countries we frequent and the laws involved keeping a small storage account with a floating armory is a good idea. Shot gun laws change more than rifles so a manual action kit and some spare parts makes a good case for an ar or ak variant. Pistols are a no go, and explosives are a pain for every country with rules for them.
>>
>>31009186
40mm BOFORS.
>>
M240Bs with ACOGs or Specter DRs, preferably mounted on pintle mounts

M107A2 with good optics and a variety of ammo types, mostly AP, Incendiary, or Raufoss

Mk18 Mod 0s standard for all security members
>>
File: quad fiddy.jpg (35KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
quad fiddy.jpg
35KB, 800x531px
>>31009186

Problem solved.
>>
>>31009186
Deck mounted M2 with APIT belts
Either that or one of those Oerlikon 20mm cannons
>>
A parrot, A Cutlass, and stereotypical 17th century sailing gear.
>>
>>31009186
A destroyer
>>
>>31009186
>africa
>SEA
That's some huge ocean going yacht you got there. These luxury yachts are usually very fast. All you need to do is run away to open ocean.
>>
Canned peas and corn
>>
>>31009186
3 inch gun in the bow, dual mounted M2's on either side, and AR-10's if they're brave enough to keep coming.
>>
>>31009186
Due to the fact that you could at any point be forced to toss your gear overboard due to entering national waters I would bring the cheapest stuff possible.

Highpoints and the cheapest ar15s I could custom build with a few thousand rounds for each.
>>
File: CIWS.jpg (67KB, 640x545px) Image search: [Google]
CIWS.jpg
67KB, 640x545px
>>31009186
>>
>>31010887
>toss your gear

SHALL
>>
>>31009186
Civilian (no US Class 3): .30 TrackingPoint. Why? Because it's hard to hit people in a boat bobbing through the waves from another boat with a non-stabilized weapon, especially when both are doing over 10kts. Having a gun that does all of the hard work for you is nice.

Budget: .30 MMG (M-60, M-240, something like that).

Premium: CROWS-type mounts (fore and aft) with 40mm AGLs. 1-2 hits should disable a pirate skiff and everyone in it.

Extravagant: As premium, but add Spikes.

Ludicrous: Replace the Spikes with Javelins.
>>
>>31009186
I was actually thinking about this today. How do people who own super yachts, 200ft+ shit make sure it's secure say at night when most of the guests/crew are sleeping. Other than radar what can you do? Seems at port you'd have to declare or risk getting found out and jailed. The forums I looked at, mostly Aussies/Euros who said no guns and only Americans inquire about such things, I kek'd.
>>
>MP7 if the pirates get on board
>M60 4 starboard 4 port for defense before the pirates board us; 2 port and 2 aft.
>1 guy on the crowsnest with a .50 caliber rifle.
>>
>>31011801
>>1 guy on crowsnest with a .50 caliber rifle
I sincerely hope you're not talking about using any form of scoped sniper style rifle on a moving boat, trying to hit someone who is also on a boat thats moving
>>
>>31011834
Ok that's why you see those dickheads on US Navy destroyers with .50 caliber anti-material rifles training to take out pirates.
>>
>>31011801
Replace at least two of those M60s with M242 Bushmasters and you've got yourself your own personal corvette.
>>
>>31011834
Well, that's very doable actually. It's unlikely that the pirates would attempt evasive maneuver until you began firing, the fact the boat you're on is moving is frankly irrelevant as far as ballistics are concerned. The only thing you'd need to account for is wind, distance, and their lateral movement, which since they'll be heading directly towards your boat is less of an issue than one would think.

In fact, I'd say an average skilled shooter would probably be able to get a few rounds on target given these conditions. Someone actually trained in long range marksmanship would have very little issue blowing a skid boat to smithereens with a .50 caliber anti materiel rifle.
>>
Actual guy who has worked maritime security here.

The correct answer is a rusty M16A2 that you constantly and meticulously maintain but it still disintegrates before your eyes every time you go on deck. Then throw it in the ocean before you hit national waters. We take hefty bags and duct tape now to keep our rifles in when on deck.
>>
>>31011859
Where do you get replacements from after you leave port?
>>
>>31011888
Usually very illegally from local police or "military".
>>
English longbow and pikes.
>>
torpedo drone
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyrodyne_QH-50_DASH
>>
>>31009436
i agree with this anon
>>
an AK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsBOzvnynSY
>>
>>31012011
Anon, we said "cruise ship", not "cruiser"

Then again, pirate hunting in a Kirov would be rad
>>
File: MFW_MISSILES.jpg (242KB, 1024x400px) Image search: [Google]
MFW_MISSILES.jpg
242KB, 1024x400px
>>31012042
>Kirov
I wonder if you could buy the one being scrapped
>>
>>31012071
>>31012042
A Visby would be better.
>>
>>31012071
I mean if it had a reactor meltdown, and not even the Russians could fix it, i kinda doubt anyone else could.

Besides, there were 4 of the fuckers, no?
>>
>>31012075
Good gosse
>>
>>31012042
It would be rad to beach a Kirov with a reactor that is going critical in Somalia.
>>
File: Osa Missile Boat.jpg (219KB, 768x318px) Image search: [Google]
Osa Missile Boat.jpg
219KB, 768x318px
>>31012071
>>31012075
>>31012144

I always thought one of these would be great.

>Sit outside of national borders.
>Pirates come in.
>Blow them up with an anti-ship missile.
>Leave after the missile is fired.
>None of the negro nations around there will be able to stop you.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (155KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
155KB, 1280x720px
>>31009186
less-rich fags not spend more for a personal submersible yacht
>>
>>31012165
But they don't have that many missiles.

I mean they are a bit to big for what they are hunting

New idea: How cheap/ small can one possibly make an aircraft carrier, if it only operates Cessna 172s. I mean they have enough payload for rockets and shit, enough to kill a shitty pirate boat, right?
>>
>>31009186
A pair of 6.5 creedmoore AR sniper rifles and a .50 cal barret sniper and three P90's and Five Seven pistols and a pair of benelli M4 shotguns.
>>
>>31011798

Yachts aren't a juicy target for pirates. Yachts may have rich people, but with wealth comes attention. This then brings bad publicity on governments being unable to protect their waters and leads to the piracy lifestyle being more difficult to live. They mostly target those cargo ships that would rather pay off the pirates to ensure that the cargo reaches its destination on time.
>>
>>31012286
kidnapping a few millionaires thats have lots of money and likely security, is not nearly as profitable and kidnapping 25 blue collar workers and several BILLION dollars worth of loot
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNDyOptaTJQ
>>
>>31012168
Great, now I want a submersible yacht. Saving now so I might be able to afford one in a 1000 yrs.
>>
A cheap AR15 + ammo for general use
A cheap 9mm + ammo as a sidearm
A cheap 12 gauge + soft ammo for use indoors (soft ammo so it doesn't bounce everywhere off the bulkheads etc)

These get thrown overboard when entering national waters.

Possibly also some air rifles and archery gear as that stuff mightn't have to be tossed overboard when entering national waters. This stuff is for use in case I can't find more guns before leaving port.

As a last resport a shitload of small plastic fuel cans, some highly flammable fuel, duct tape and the kind of marine flares which burn out the sides - improvised incediary device. Throw them on the skiffs and laugh as the skinnies burn to death.
>>
>>31012415
Also possibly some sort of laser to blind the fuckers.
>>
>>31011834
Coast Guard have snipers who shoot at boats from muthafucking helicopters.
>>
>>31009186
.308 battle rifles and DMR
and .50 BMG machine guns
That's it.
If you need more, you got something a single super yacht can't really deal with.
>>
>>31011834
The larger the boat the smoother the ride
>>
>>31009186
beryl 5.56, naked
P226 navy
A couple well placed Falcore Petra 300 WinMags
M107A2 packing Raufoss and API at highest point (with 360)
M107 is over kill but that's the best kind and if they've got money to spend on the security budget why not?
>>
RPG-7 with lots of extra rockets for it, maybe 1000 will do. Those stupid fuckers won't take my boat without meeting a hail of rockets
>>
>>31009186
A bag full of flintlock pistols
>>
File: 17201662va.jpg (150KB, 669x477px) Image search: [Google]
17201662va.jpg
150KB, 669x477px
most obvious answer
>>
>>31009186

Since the security detail is independent of wider concerns about ammunition logistics, I don't understand why people in this thread are bothering with .308.

AR-10s in .260 Rem and give every fourth man an M240 in .260.

SpecterDR 1.5x:6x all the things.

If we're just expecting to let them close in and burn them down once they try boarding instead of harassing them/driving them off with accurate fire at 600-1200, Mk 18s and Aimpoints are probably fine.
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 590x332px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 590x332px
>>31009186
>pic related

Plus some small bullpup rifles TARs, M4s, a few P90s and a fully automatic SAW.
>>
>>31011906
>the same guys are selling to pirates probably
Nice niche.
>>
File: Home Defense DShK.jpg (64KB, 1024x475px) Image search: [Google]
Home Defense DShK.jpg
64KB, 1024x475px
A couple of DShK's, a couple RPG's, couple PKM's or MAG's, an AK, AR or shotgun for each man on the team and a sidearm if they really want one.
>>
>>31012207
How about a wing in ground effect craft armed with autocannons and cheap atgms??
>>
File: image.jpg (230KB, 600x560px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
230KB, 600x560px
>not posting the obvious choice yet
>>
>>31013128

>a fully automatic SAW

spot the summerfaggot

No, of course you'll bring the not-yet-on-the-market civilian semi-auto version of the fucking SAW

>M4s, P90s

I'm actually not even sure if this is just supposed to be bait.
>>
>>31012042
You aren't think small enough. Motor boat with a stock of kamikaze drone bombs.
>>
>>31009186
If that cost $1 billion, what do cruise ships cost?
>>
>>31014593
Less
>>
>>31014467
>I'm actually not even sure if this is just supposed to be bait.

What's wrong with M4s and P90s?
>>
>>31009436
This plus an MP5 just in case they do manage to board the ship
>>
File: image.jpg (457KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
457KB, 1920x1080px
4 M240s (one starboard aft, starboard fore, port aft, port fore, etc) that are kept in locked, extremely secure (but also discreet) storage lockers on deck, with mounts built into the rails of the ship. Your choice of optics as long as they are magnified at least 4x

The idea is that the security crew gets to their gun stations and mounts and mans their guns in under 2 minutes from the alarm being sounded, giving you decent enough firepower to ward off enemy attackers while keeping the Normies from spazzing out from having MGs on the ship in open display.

Arm security crew with MP5s, with red dot/holo sights and flashlights

Have a small team issued NVGs and IR lasers if shit below decks needs serious oper8in

MP5s are all given suppressors

Officers are allowed a side arm of their choice, with the commanding officer on the bridge required to wear his while he is on the bridge

Issue all crew basic plate carrier (black or navy blue), something they can throw on quickly over their polo and be done with it

Many of the finest, cheapest ballistic helmets (again blue or black)

Basic communications (probably already issued, if not then some cheap baeofeng to keep in contact across the ship)

Probably add a fifth MG now that I think about it to fire directly aft of the ship

If possible add a thermal imaging system somewhere on top of the ship where it can see incoming small boats

This is the cheapest way I see of giving your boat some serious security forces

The security forces don't even have to be a separate entity, let's say it's made up of 5 teams of 4, you just have the 4 team leaders on rotating security duty, and make up the rest of the roster from crew members who went through a training course. Offer them slightly increased pay if they qualify for the fast response teams

Also apology for poor English I have not slept in 31 hours

Pic unrelated ignore shitty AR
>>
>>31012168

All I can say is..."why"?
>>
>>31015062
Because they have money and literally don't know what else to do with it.
>>
>>31014757
(You) have been hired as part of a security detail for a luxury yacht, not fucking Operation Meme Storm
>>
>>31012144
what is dis meltdown. only means more power for rotors, yes? good for ramming puny aluminium boats of capitalist.

also as a full missile load for it would probably atleast quadruple the value of the hunk, you would need to hire some navy to protect your missiles from getting stolen.
>>
>>31009186

...is that the yacht from Max Payne 3? It's got the same design and everything, holy shit
>>
>>31015062
>>31015197
also once you are done with it you can probably sell it to ragheads for nifty profit. as long as you don't mind them trying to ram something with usa flag with it.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.