[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

okay /k/ my shipment just came in im up to 150 rounds of 300blk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: 300aac.jpg (61KB, 545x375px) Image search: [Google]
300aac.jpg
61KB, 545x375px
okay /k/ my shipment just came in im up to 150 rounds of 300blk and 4 pmags.

how much do i need to protect myself from the happening.
>>
It's never enough, you'll end up with an entire room dedicated to guns and ammo. You'll keep reasoning that now is the cheapest it will be, and what if this gets banned.
>>
>>31008382
>150 rounds of 300blk and 4 pmags.
Is this supposed to be impressive?
Do you live in Alaska or something?
>>
>>31008382
More ammo.
>>
>>31008411
Fucking this, buy a bigger house OP.
>>
My fucking chest rig & rifle hold 150 rounds.

That ain't enough shit to do anything, except get you into some shit you can't handle.

Better start ordering your snowflake ammo by the thousands, bub.
>>
>>31008382
26. There is no such thing as too much ammo, only too much to carry.
>>
>>31008509

how much is enough to not have half of /k/ talk shit on running out of this ever more popular round?

1000? 2000?
>>
>>31008382

Since you wont find and 300black anywhere you're going to need to stock up on all of it that you'll ever shoot during the happening.

> 500 just for bare minimum, which you put away and reserve for prepping only, you never touch it even if you're hard on money
> 1000 is poor but okay
> 2000 probably okay
> 5000 good "enough", if shit hitting the fan lasts that long youll be able to get a different gun by then

And in terms of P-Mags you need to get the 40 rounders because they're even more reliable than the 30s. In the words of magpul themselves ("the best magazine we've ever made").
> Then only stick 30 in it for further reliability
> Reviews have said its okay to rest weight on it as a monopod too, and it doesnt get in the way much
>>
>>31008596

people are always under the assumption that during a happening, you're going to be in pitched gun battles daily. i honestly feel like 3k rounds is way more than enough if you plan to keep to yourself.
>>
>>31008382
you only need one so you can kill yourself fag
>>
>>31008494
>Buying a bigger house
>Not digging unnaground and creating your own armory underneath your house hidden by concrete and floorboards
>Not digging a big ass whole and creating an underground backyard bunker
>>
are you buying as cheap as you can get or top shelf noveski?
>>
>>31008666

check them trips man, satan numbers
(things gonna be worse than you can imagine)

pitched gun battles Can happen and then you're fucked... how long you think it takes to go through just 300 rounds... And thats likely all the ammunition you would even bother carrying (thats 10-15 pounds, and its how much a soldier usually carries).

Take the speed you shoot at the range and now put adrenaline on it, and reload as fast as you can.

You're unlikely to get in a gun battle at home. When you are forced to go outside and "mingle" in the community thats when it can happen.

If it happens at home then its like home defense verses 10 thugs. Hope you dont got a shotgun unless its one of them that has a high capacity.

If you got a bolt action you're fucked, you're just running then. Stop to get cover, take a shot, then keep running. Probably get shot while running.

Pistol wont shoot down the street when your heart is beating and you're turning quick to shoot with not a second to aim.

With a pistol you could hit someone at about 5 parking spaces away... because his thug ass has a gun too.

Your shots will be panicked. Even with a rifle you're only going to do snap shots. At a hundred yards you'll hit a target arc 8 feet wide, if you were at the range you'd have a 50% chance to even hit the wood on the target.

Even if you're shooting from cover, because bastards will be chipping the concrete off the corner of the building right in front of you. You're not gonna do more than the above in terms of aiming. You may not even know where they're at - it could take up to 30 secs to even ascertain that and you'll be wasting shots just to try to suppress their fire just to check that.

You'll be wasting shots just to get opportunities.

How much ammo you need again?

>>31008449
>>31008382

Actually the bigger question I would ask is:

Is this a dedicated 300black weapon, or did you get a 300 kit and convert a 5.56?

Can it be made to shoot 5.56 again? You got those parts?
>>
File: magpull stubbie.jpg (87KB, 799x449px) Image search: [Google]
magpull stubbie.jpg
87KB, 799x449px
>>31008867

hey OP here, i have two rifles at the moment, a normal 5.56 but this 300 is the one i sunk a bunch of money into. eotech, sbr, looking at a supressor soon.

if by make it 5.56 again you mean just swap tops yeah i can do that. though to be honest, i hvent sigted in my 5.56 since i swaped optics
>>
Suppressor is excellent.

I suggest you make a Good improvised suppressor for all of your firearms that can take one. Improvised means its made of common parts and can be taken apart.

That means shooting people and nobody knows where its coming from. They dont know where to take cover.

It also means some group doesnt hear your shots and thinks "somebody over there has a gun, lets go flank them and take their shit, I wonder how many bullets they got"

>>31008382

There's out of the box thinking that has to go along with prepping.

Do you think you'll be able to keep your house through the chaos of it all?

Do you think there will be enough food left in the community?

What if the place gets overrun by some fucking Biker Gang and the only safe option is to just hit the road and get away from there. Then you take the backroads to avoid the highway or interstate.

Everything and I mean everything is a ??? then. Even your choice of weapon... a gun is only a firearm as long as you have bullets.

What if you killed somebody else and they've got another gun, or they got killed but the gun was missed during the looting? Lets say it has 20 bullets left for it... are you going to bother adding that ++Weight to your load because you might find more ammo for it?

These are decisions that can kill you... or might be just what you needed to do to survive for the next 6 months...

...until the dawning of Order is restored

It could last longer than you think... 3 weeks could become 3 months... rumors of changes on the way but its only in certain parts of the country...

any number of circumstances could make things drag on for a long fucking time

warlords dug in, other countries stepping in to fuck with us like chyna

even natural disasters could happen unexpectedly, and vast areas could be fucked up keeping supplies and help from reaching Your Area.

You may not even have the same Knives you started with, by the time its all over.
>>
>>31009055

>lets go flank them and take their shit

Id like to expand on that point too. If I can think like this then I know others can have the same thought.

Hearing shots nearby or in the distance youd think would be a deterrent but, just like zombies, it can also be a magnet for opportunists.

Idea being that if somebody is up that way, you can sneak up and look for somebody to be walking with a weapon. ==Snipe==

Just like shooting a deer in a field, except instead of for carving them up you get loot and maybe even their food.

Sadistic minds will also look around for a house, where was that guy going... maybe there's women and more food in there.

"C'mon boys we're gonna see if we can have fun, head back around the back and keep it covered, hey fatty you kick in the door - you've gotta pull your weight. Hey Mikey get the firebomb ready, if they give us trouble we'll just torch it and get em when they run out"
>>
File: 15678468.jpg (65KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
15678468.jpg
65KB, 480x480px
what about pre made pacs like this

https://www.amazon.com/Wise-Food-5-Day-Survival-Backpack/dp/B00ZX3ALQM

all i can find is that you just need more water.
>>
>>31009147

protien bars will go a long way
they have the nutrients you need in alot of cases

powerbars specifically are dense for weight and take up less space.

you can fill in the rest of your food needs with rice or something like that

shit hit the fan isnt supposed to be a luxury meal, its something you survive through, you get to the other side of the tunnel
>>
File: Josef fritzl.jpg (26KB, 226x282px) Image search: [Google]
Josef fritzl.jpg
26KB, 226x282px
>>31008678
I like the way you think.
>>
>>31008494
>>31008678
>>31009212

Moving out of the city is the first thing you do if you aint read the writing on the wall and done it already.

Move to outer suburbs. That way you're close enough to suburbs and city, yet also close to rural and can GTFO if necessary.

If you're in the city you're fucked by chimps, and you wont have enough time (or clear paths!) to get out.

If you're in suburbs you might get repeatedly looted and your place may get burned.

If you're in the edge of the suburbs its more likely you'll have a better community of people around.

Rural would be nice but fact is out there among the fields and hick towns its easy to have crazies roaming the countryside and dudes camped out with scopes just waiting to snipe people and take their shit. All it takes is a few guys to spread that fear and make life hell for an area. And having a good range rifle dont mean you can spot them in time before they hit you square.

>then you build your bunker - maybe
>>
I want to thank a fellow /k/ for this link. It is about surviving trying to survive in Bosnia circa 1992.

http://www.shtfplan.com/emergency-preparedness/a-survival-q-a-living-through-shtf-in-the-middle-of-a-war-zone_10252011

It gives a very different idea of how to survive than any Walking Dead fantasy.
>>
>>31009396
>surviving trying to survive
Sorry, too many Old Rasputins
>>
>>31008944

This is a good weapon for close range, house to house investigating (looking for supplies).

You need another weapon for long range though, don't rely on this for range. Yours has a short barrel too by the way. Can it shoot past 200 yards probably, but you dont want that first shot to zip by their head.

I suggest something in .270 winchester. A bona-fide hunting caliber that is. The reason is because like you others many wont have a weapon for that.

So they wont be using that ammunition thats on the shelves at Walmart and the sporting good shops.

30-30 is another one that shows up on the shelves alot too. But thats like a 300 blackout really.

30-06 is also common on the shelf but I see alot of 270 too.

I live in illinois and hunting regs are kinda stringent so the lack of .308 and .223 may be just a thing here

(more or less in illinois you cant hunt with anything other than .22LR, .22mag, or a Shotgun... pistols are limited to .40caliber or higher... 308 and 223 cant be used for hunting anything)
>>
>>31009396

Actually some of the later seasons of walking dead were abit more realistic on the survival side than the first two.

The zombies were always a thing but starting Season 3+ the human element became the center focus. To the point where zombies were window dressing to the threat other humans posed.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.