[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, question for any air force fags here, is being a nuclear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: titan-missile.jpg (61KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
titan-missile.jpg
61KB, 600x450px
Alright, question for any air force fags here, is being a nuclear missile officer really a shit job with high pay or do people exaggerate it to death
>>
>>31007464
Bump for interest
>>
>>31007464
It's more like a dull job with decent pay.
>>
>>31007600
Pretty much this desu.
>>
>>31007600
What's a typical day
>>
>>31007464
Will you turn the key when President Trump orders you to nuke Israel so that he don't have to pay denbts?
>>
>>31007964
With pleasure.
>>
>>31007684
System checks
Incident reports
Regular maintenance
Some landscaping from time to time
Rare drills and alerts
>>
Could you really, actually turn the key to fire the weapons that would kill millions upon millions in fire and radiation? Could you pull your gun on your friend who can't bring himself to turn his key?
>>
>>31008020
Uh no.

That would be excitement, which is not allowed.
>>
>>31008020
Yes. It's turning a key. Do it faggot.
>>
It's boring and dull but you'll have plenty of time to get your free degrees.
>>
>>31008020
Someone designed the weapons, someone else built them, someone ordered them to be fired, but you decide to place the blame on the person who literally just turned a fucking key?

How about this, I can build you a little robot that does the actual turning, and we can destroy it afterwards. That way, nobody is to blame!
>>
Missileer made a thread a few years ago about the job. Seemed pretty neat. Pay was around 90k-110k according to him. Pretty much consisted of what >>31008013 said, usually ran 48-72 shifts and then the same amount of time off. They also had full wireless network access for entertainment, fridge, etc. Atleast until an alert comes in, then all comms go dark except the radio to Offut.
>>
>>31007464
Pay is the same. The job is boring as fuck. You are not allowed to bring any ANY electronics into the command center. I hope you like books, and jerking off. The pay is the same as any other officer of an equivalent grade, with a slight bonus for remote location pay.
>>
>>31008162
I think they pay you a bit more because they don't want you to be a spy.
>>
>>31007464
how do you feel about sitting around in a concrete bunker for 24 hours at a time. If you have no ambition in life go for it.
>>
Read up on it. People hate that job. It's a career dead-end.
>>
Was missileer always the shit job that it is now? I presume during the SAC days it wasn't as much of a career dead-end.
>>
>>31007964
He'd be nuking NYC; most federal debt is held by US banks.
>>
>>31008099
Hello, Joshua.
>>
would I get to pretend I work a black mesa and crawl through air vents with a crowbar?
>>
Did a few years, most expand their education. Must take same code handler test every month, can't self medicate for anything, and drive to fields and prairies for work in all conditions. Do a few years, get educated and leave the job for something better. Boring, tedious, no chance for glory or recognition, go into Comms or intel after you get masters degree.
>>
>>31011444
Imagine if that proposal to fire warheadless inert icbms at hard targets came to fruition.

Then it would be hot shit.
>>
File: 1470554150845.jpg (113KB, 595x447px) Image search: [Google]
1470554150845.jpg
113KB, 595x447px
>>31011242
My sides have gone intercontinentally ballistic
>>
>>31008534
Making a lot of money isn't ambitious? People like you are the same types of people who scoff at sanitation jobs (which pay 70k and upwards not counting overtime) but are content with being NEET.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.