[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but Since nearly all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: boar war troops.jpg (15KB, 236x165px) Image search: [Google]
boar war troops.jpg
15KB, 236x165px
I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but Since nearly all modern infantry tactics revolve around deployment and use of machine guns and grenades, what are the best small unit tactics when machine guns or hand grenades are not available?
>>
Why are they not availible? When? Both the have things have been around since before the first world War.
>>
File: with m16s.jpg (120KB, 723x351px) Image search: [Google]
with m16s.jpg
120KB, 723x351px
M16 line formations obviously.
>>
>>31006172
I'm just curious for arguments sake
>>
>>31006114
You can still do fire and maneuver without machine guns and grenades, particularly if you have self loading rifles.

You replace machine guns with more rifle fire.

You don't need grenades.
>>
>>31006198
Well civilians and police everywhere are pretty much limited to this aside from some rare cases or those super militarized "police" some countries have, so that could be a good reason to discuss this with those limitations.
>>
>>31006114
>what are the best small unit tactics
As with every other time somebody asks this question with whatever qualifier they so choose: situation dictates.

There is no perfect tactic. Fire and maneuver works just as well with shotguns and dynamite as it does with M249's and frags.
>>
>>31006114

The tactics dont change from fix and flank anon, machine guns just make the process easier, as it requires one man pulling the trigger to replicate the firepower of ten.
>>
>>31006114
I'd say just the same tactics, but with older weapons. 300 guys in spread out in cover with BP muskets can more than comfortably take on any other formation of 300 BP armed musketeers using any other pre-modern light infantry tactics such as the massed formations or lines of earlier times, no matter the firearms involved.

Barring a melee charge, of course. To survive the guys in cover would have to move or just pour fire as fast as possible.
>>
File: 4thgenerationman.jpg (2KB, 96x120px) Image search: [Google]
4thgenerationman.jpg
2KB, 96x120px
>>31006114
mission type orders
>>31006194
Billy approves of that
>>
>>31006114
bayonet charge
>>
>>31007059
Fuck off prussiaboo paleoconservative
>muh logistics
>>
>>31006114

You still just fire and maneuver.

It still works. Bounding and covering is never outdated.

In the case of an ambush, an expedient escape works pretty well.

I'm not going to make fun of you, but are you asking for SHTF stuff?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.