[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /K/ I live in Minnesota where the age for purchasing a handgun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: RootinTootinPutin.jpg (98KB, 538x810px) Image search: [Google]
RootinTootinPutin.jpg
98KB, 538x810px
Sup /K/

I live in Minnesota where the age for purchasing a handgun is 21. I'm 19.

I spend time in Wisconsin next door and have relatives there. Their age is 18.

If I were to buy a gun there legally- potentially by going to a DMV and registering a relative's home as my home address- and bring it back across the border, would I get fukt if caught?
Assuming I legally purchased it as a Wisconsin resident but now possessed it as a Minnesota resident underage.

Not sure how this segment of the law works.

Thanks
>>
OR you could just ask your parents to buy you one as a gift for Christmas or whatever, if either of them have their permit to purchase or permit to carry.
>>
>>31003189
Actually iirc your parents can buy one for you with money you gave them and it's not a straw purchase because they're your parents.
>>
I'm pretty sure the federal age for handguns is 21 desu. That doesn't vary state to state
>>
>>31003161
Don't try it, the criminal penalties aren't worth it. Just get someone 21 to buy it for you and gift it to you. While that is legal make sure your guy doesn't walk into a store saying he's buying a gun for someone else.
>>
>>31003229
only when buying through an FFL
>>
>>31003189
I considered that.
>Mom calls guns stupid
>Dad is gone, abusive rageaholic who we kicked out of our lives
>Relatives in Wisconsin are either old and senile or *shudder* liberal gumment lovers
>>
>>31003432
Well then work on your mother, use a means that appeals to her sensibilities/emotions, easier than trying to do what you described in OP.
>>
>>31003448
I could try, she's already salty about me owning an AK. Can't keep it in a dorm or I'll be raped by tumblrinas and expelled.

It would require a lot of work on her part by filling out the permit shit.
>>
>>31003161
Just wait till you're an adult. After all, the rules are there for a reason.
>>
>>31003657
Yeah because dummycrats decided that implementing a knowledge/maturity/IQ meter was an inferior solution compared to an arbitrary age barrier.

As Dr. King would say, refusing to follow a law you consider unjust is not truly criminal but showing the highest respect for the law.
>>
>>31003161
cant sell or transfer a handgun to someone over state lines unless it goes through an FFL. if these relatives are your parents or former legal guardians, they may transfer to you if you live in the same state and you may legally move to another state with it belonging to you.
>>
>>31003921
OK. I know I'm being annoying here, but can I have a citation?

I'm saying I'd become legal resident of Wisconsin by switching my driver's license to a Wisconsin address. Go to the DMV, ship it to grandparents house, come back in 3 weeks and use it to buy my gun, go home, switch my license back.
>>
>>31003974
as long as youre a legal resident of the state you are buying the handgun in when you buy the handgun, its legal (assuming that state allows handguns to be sold to people who are 19).

keep in mind, it may be fraud or something to switch your state of residence when youre not actually moving.
>>
>>31004098
Thanks, that sounds about accurate because neither are gun registry states.

I have a lawyer uncle I could ask, but honestly, he's kind of a dip...has asked my dad, a code monkey, for legal advice before...
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.