[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was curious about tanks today and i was wondering if a local

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: tmp_7340-Type95-05-1209933810.jpg (459KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_7340-Type95-05-1209933810.jpg
459KB, 1200x900px
I was curious about tanks today and i was wondering if a local japanese tank was able to be driven on the road without damaging the asphalt and legal in California to drive. the tank weighs about 14,800 pounds with a 454 V8 chevrolet engine. Although it costs around $13,00,000 and i will not ever be able to afford it, i might be able to get a ride on it.
>>
i ment $130,000
>>
Swap the steel tracks for rubber and get a permit
>>
>>31001220

driving a tank on the road sounds like great fun until you actually sit down and think about what it would involve
>>
Rubber tracks pads, try to get a chamfer on the corners so they don't get torn to pieces by the road when turning
>>
>>31001844
>>31001914
I thought all treads were banned on US roads or is it a state by state thing?
>>
>>31001220
Nice Chi-Ha
Check the Weight/height clearance on the roads.
There are Sherman/Tiger/T-34 owners in the US. So you can try asking them on the legality on drinking a Nip Tank on the roads.
>>
>>31001931
>Nice Chi-Ha
It's a Ha-Go. A Type 95 Ha-Go to be precise.
>>
>>31001937
I stand corrected
>>
OP here again well im going to see if maybe i could at least drive it arround his area since i dont have $130,000 on me or an A class licence for the weight (excluding smog checks)
http://www.armyjeeps.net/Type95Tank/index.htm
>>31001865
yeah you would need a second guy on top of your tank to check you 320° blindspot and leave early since the top speed is 30mph
>>
>the power train consists of a 454 Chevy V8 Engine

not american so 454 doesnt mean much to me, but that should be much more powerful than the original engine, no? i mean even my damn volvo gets more power than the original 120 of that
>>
>>31004304
454 cubic inches, so 7.4 liters. Big block, as in anything over a 383 stroker(biggest small block) needs more material to contain all that glory. Also, the difference between a 200hp and a 450hp 454 is the carb setup.
>>
>>31004304
Forgot to add that they were the starter engines to get the sr-71's engines going
>>
>>31004381
>450hp to start an SR-71

seems about right

oh, and do you know why the "choke" the engine so much? improve life span, or to save other things, like tracks or drivetrain or so on?
>>
>>31004623
No idea, but yeah that makes sense. Remember, pick two only: cheap, reliable, high performance
>>
>>31001918
its a state by state thing
>>
>>31005131
Unless your buying a used LS
>>
>>31006120
hit all triangles perfectly
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.