[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What longarm and pistol (period correct or modern) would you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: The-Revenant-1.jpg (577KB, 2000x1076px) Image search: [Google]
The-Revenant-1.jpg
577KB, 2000x1076px
What longarm and pistol (period correct or modern) would you take if you had to go back to 1823 and become a fur trader for one season? If you choose a modern firearm, you would only have whatever ammo you can carry on your person and it has to last all season.

A modern looking rifle such as an AR may make you a target when you start dropping attackers left and right. Hostiles may realize and tell others that you can shoot a 30 caliber clip in half a second. A handgun can be hidden away rather easily, so you could carry it unnoticed. Something to consider.
>>
File: Baker[1].jpg (33KB, 678x161px) Image search: [Google]
Baker[1].jpg
33KB, 678x161px
Baker cavalry carbine. God damn the bloody redcoats, but they make some fine guns.
>>
>>31000463
Well...what's wrong with them telling the others I have a good fucking gun? Isn't the point of it to defend myself and not have constant waves of them charge at me?
>>
File: scout.jpg (674KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
scout.jpg
674KB, 1600x1200px
scout rifle in 308
>>
>>31000612
You sleep.
>>
>>31000463
It starts with an S and rhymes with hesskayess.
>>
>>31000612
The tree niggers will notice you shooting more than 3 rounds per minute and may try to kill you specifically. If you were to attack 10 people, 9 of whom had muskets and 1 with an AR, who would you go for first?
>>
If I'm stuck in the past, then definitely a Colt Navy

> on the cusp of being invented anyway, so it is feasible to produce new units and ammunition in existing factories
> the upcoming civil war will create a massive demand for these weapons
> infinitely more useful than any existing rifle or pistol given its much larger ROF and tolerable accuracy
> can always by an actual big game rifle if you need to trap

If I'm only focused on surviving the season, then an AK74

> can carry hundreds of rounds/dozens of magazines on my person
> high penetration will allow for unethical kills on even the biggest animals
>>
>>31000798

> in a firefight against a group of trappers
> notice one guy has an extremely high rate of fire
> turn to shoot an arrow at him or whatever
> get BTFO by a flurry of 5.56
>>
>>31000809
They'll bring more warriors next time
Guess you could wear modern armour, should stop arrows and round balls
>>
Mosin Nagant perhaps?
>Wood and steel, would fly under the radar as long as nobody looked too closely.
>bolt action would give fast enough ROF without being horribly obvious if you're smart about it.
>>
>>31000463

AR-15 and Glock 17. Quit the fur trade, hightail it back to civilization, sell them to some guy to reverse engineer it and have him pay me in gold, plus covering my living expenses for a season. Return to present day with gold.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.