[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

guys i have a question about the internals of the cz sp01 and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: 20160815_192517.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20160815_192517.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
guys i have a question about the internals of the cz sp01 and p01. ive had these two for weeks, bought as brand new, and i didn't actually get around to cleaning and oiling them until a few days ago. i used some gun bore cleaner that i dont have acess to right now and hoppes 9 oil. i kept the sp01 in my safe without any sort of dehumidifier which was my bad, i forgot about that factor, and found what i believed to be rust at the base of the tallest spire on the slide stop of the spo1. Or at least i thought it was rust until after literally a whole day of using a cleaner meant to get rid of rust and using a 0000 grade steel wool pad it still didnt come out, at all. now im wondering if its not rust but perhaps some sort of discoloration in reaction to the oil or cleaner. arent the insides of cz unfinished anyways? i suspect some parts of the sp01 are also discolored but im not sure, its just some redbrown hues while the slide stop has a bright crown of red around one of the prongs. its not bumpy or anything, and i cant scratch anything off with the steel wool.

my p01 also had a discoloration which may or may not have been there from the start, not sure. the p01 has been inside my waistband for awhile amd thats all ive noticed to ve irregular. it could just be the finish wearing off

anyone have experience with czs having these discolorations or rust? im admittedly not that experienced with taking care of my own guns so let me know if im supposed to use specific products to care for cz guns. any help is appreciated

also im at work rn so i cant post any pics of the sp01, just the p01 that i have with me
>>
>>30999595
READ THE FUCKING MANUAL
>>
File: 20151127_235738.png (2MB, 1303x1161px) Image search: [Google]
20151127_235738.png
2MB, 1303x1161px
>>30999595
You are paranoid and don't even know what rust is. Why do you have guns if you just fret about them like some woman?

Here's a tip, rust rubs off. So oil your guns lightly and stop worrying about rust you bitch.
>>
>>30999738
read again, isnt rubbing off.
>>30999631
okay, i think i see where i fucked up. i used gun bore cleaner for the rest of the sp01 and p01 internals which is not advised and can cause corrosion. what do i do now
>>
File: cz sp-01 guts.jpg (38KB, 546x971px) Image search: [Google]
cz sp-01 guts.jpg
38KB, 546x971px
>>30999595
Don't use bore cleaner. Use oil. Then, use a brass brush to scrub surface rust (dont' be too rough or you'll damage the finish). You want to use brass because it's tough enough to scrub off rust without damaging steel (steel > brass > rust). Then, apply oil and rub again. If you're lucky, you won't have any noticable rust and you'll be able to pass it off as rust free. Also, buy a can of ballistol and oil your guns once a week. Just coat it, wait a few minutes, then wipe. If you miss a spot for a few weeks and see minor surface rust again (you will, being an obvious pleb), just apply oil and gently brush with brass brush again.

Bore cleaner should only be used in the bore, and you should immediately follow up with oil.

You're welcome.

t. CZ SP-01 Tactical owner
>>
File: CZ SP-01.jpg (42KB, 546x971px) Image search: [Google]
CZ SP-01.jpg
42KB, 546x971px
>>30999796
To sum it up:
1. rub oil on affected area
2. brush with brass brush (about the same pressure you use when brushing your teeth)
3. rub oil again
4. wipe off oil with rag
>>
>>30999813
>>30999796
ill try that thanks, is it at all weird that i couldnt get off the rust with even a steel wool pad though?
>>
File: k2 and lh9.jpg (50KB, 546x971px) Image search: [Google]
k2 and lh9.jpg
50KB, 546x971px
>>30999842
Yes, but here's the thing: when you want to remove rust, you start by applying oil to the affected area. That's an absolute must. THEN, you scrub. I would recommend brass because that way you won't fuck up your finish unless you scrub extra hard, which you shouldn't do no matter what. Then, you apply some more oil and wipe a few times. If there's still some rust, apply oil and use the brush again. You want to watch out for some brass products though, since tin (i think this is the culprit) is often added to modern brass, which makes it harder and thus fuck up your finish more.

See this woo in the pic? I had minor surface rust come up on the inside of the front sight ring when I returned from a 2 week vacation. You know what I did? Apply some ballistol, scrub with the brass brush, then wipe, apply oil, wipe, then apply a preserving coat of oil. Now, it looks exactly like it did before. You can't even tell there was ever any rust.

Minor surface rust will rarely if ever damage the finish so long as you get to it within the first few weeks. After that, though, you're looking at pitting, and that's unpleasant, so address rust ASAP.

The tough thing about owning a lot of guns is having to maintain them all, so sometimes I don't wipe off the oil, but generally you'll want to wipe the guns you use (along with buying those silica gel packs on amazon).

google "gunsmithing brass brush" and buy one. It looks like a toothbrush and will reach into magwells and receivers too.

Good luck.
>>
>>30999954
thanks anon, really appreciate it
>>
>>30999842
Like I told you before it's not rust you fucking mong. You are a shit who cannot identify rust. It's not rust. Not. Rust. Idiot.
>>
>>31000104
What is it then oh enlightened one?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.