/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking of purchasing my own rifle for the first time.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: sexy.jpg (2KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
sexy.jpg
2KB, 225x225px
I'm thinking of purchasing my own rifle for the first time. I have a good history with rifles before and was considering getting myself a pretty M1A from Springfield but it has a pretty hefty price tag.

What do you guys think of this weapon is it worth the 1700+ price tag?
>>
>>30999177
I had always heard that they have iffy reliability in good conditions. Then those dudes did that dust test and a little sand totally jammed it completely. I always wanted an M1A because I like .308 and I like that standard non-pistol grip rifle/shotgun hold, but I could never buy one knowing what I know now. I have also heard bad things about the metal they use in the receivers and shit... plus the whole giant project just to put a suppressor on the thing... not gonna happen. I would totally be all about them if they were executed right though.
>>
>>30999177
Got a friend with a tacticool one, he is completely anal about maintenance, it serves him well and he loves it back.

Are you looking for a battle rifle or are you looking for a beautiful wood stocked semi-auto?
>>
>>30999339
I am looking for something I can use all around. I was also thinking of going SKS route but California is a bunch of fucks and there a bunch of rules im just starting to learn
>>
>>30999313
Really I thought it was essentially the same thing as an M14 which went through some shit. I'll do more research on that then. Definitely not worth it if isn't as reliable as i imagine it would be.
>>
>>30999545
Yeah definitely look it up. Maybe I am just being super pessimistic.

Here is the dust test: https://www.full30.com/video/6618755f336970e55e6c50c1fe894ff8

Here is a thread about the alleged receiver issues (it looks like it is mainly due to idiots being idiots like bad handloads etc. which will kill any gun): http://m14forum.com/m14/137263-lets-hear-about-those-receiver-failures-4.html#/forumsite/21397/topics/137263?page=1

Here is a site about all the shit you have to do to get a suppressor on it: http://www.ammoland.com/2015/04/suppressing-springfield-armory-m1a-rifle/#axzz4HSvp5eGc

Those are the real reasons I won't be getting one but YMMV.
>>
>>30999537
I'm so fucking tired of reading this. Does everybody that posts on /k/ live in CA?

God damn if you like guns, get the fuck out of that state, stop trying to compromise.
>>
>>31000211
what do you recommend then?
>>
Actually a featureless M1A is a good choice if you live in cuckfornia.
You get to have an actual mag release, and shouldn't be effected by the coming nonsense.
>>
>>31000224
I think he recommends moving if firearms are important to you
>>
>>31000224
He recommends getting the fuck out of the state.
>>
>>31000226
I haven't in depth taken a look at it, but I don't think that's true. We had several threads about how commiefornia revised their gun laws and no one is grandfathered in.
>>
>>30999177
I shoot CMP service rifle matches, and will say that i have seen a few reliability issues service with these guns at matches, but dont know if its the gun, the custom ammo, or the mods made to the gun. I will also say, that other than 20in barrel AR's shooting well tuned handloads, the M1a's typicaly own the rest of the field.
>>
>>31000254
Right but an M1A without a bayonet lug or flash hider doesn't fall on the "assault weapons" flow chart since it doesn't have a pistol grip.
I'll ask my attorney to dig into this and see what she thinks.
>>
>>31000278
You are probably right, but I thought they banned all detachable mags over an arbitrary number of rounds capacity
>>
>>31000211
>>31000254
>>31000288

Well I have a legal residence in idaho I heard from a friend I could use somehow. I hear they pretty much dont give a fuck.
>>
>>31000288
Anything over ten is illegal.
And they are now saying that parts kits will be illegal going forward so no more disassembled 10+ round mags in possession.
As it stands now, you can freely own/possess/shoot a featureless M1A with a normal mag release as long as you don't use mags over 10 rounds.
Nothing I can find or even interpret using california logic changes about that next year.
calguns has a thread on centerfire rifles without pistol grips in their FAQ section.
>>
>>30999177
Ill sell you a loaded m1a for 1300 bucks anon.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.