[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/soldier fitness general/ post here for tips and general shitposting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11

File: 1471280751580.jpg (152KB, 800x488px) Image search: [Google]
1471280751580.jpg
152KB, 800x488px
/soldier fitness general/

post here for tips and general shitposting on how to get into "fighting shape". gym rats need not apply
>>
/fit/ is that way
-------------------->
>>
File: lena manlets btfo.jpg (912KB, 2808x1870px) Image search: [Google]
lena manlets btfo.jpg
912KB, 2808x1870px
>>30997925
i'm not trying to get gym muscle here. ace boot and look superior to civvies that's what
>>
>>30997905
Biggest gang in the world boy...USMC Marines..once and always mess with the best die like the rest with one in the head and two in the chest..bad sob..yeah when you on leave with your boys..slaying bitches...yeah six packs as far as the eye can see..and when they want to get hands on...yeah bring the whole fireteam and show em how a Marines a team player...show em what you wanna do with each other...practice that good shit back at the barracks....gotta have that staying power son...first ones in last ones out...
>>
>>30997974

run, do pushups, and do situps.

there you go.
>>
>>30997905

Remember when cargo shorts were cool?

I do.

That was neat.
>>
>>30998028
This is like Jersey shore guido mixed with marine
>>
>>30998055
Plus squats and pullups.
>>
>>30997974
>not gym muscle
pushups, situps, cardio like the other anon said
>>
>>30998147
>forgetting deads
>ever

Pushups, situps, running for distance, running sprints, pullups, squats, deads. Everything you need to not suck at life is covered in those 7
>>
>>30998203

Maybe enough for Rangers. Certain flutter-kicking populations also do bench, row, and OHP. Just saying.
>>
>>30997974

That fucking jewess ruins every photo she is in.
>>
>>30998028

fucking top kek
>>
File: marines.jpg (126KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
marines.jpg
126KB, 640x480px
>>30998028
this. this. other branches are cucked.
>>
>>30997905
Those guys look like gym rats and you're gay

>>30998028
Please tell me this is jokes
>>
File: 1470665027369.jpg (246KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1470665027369.jpg
246KB, 1080x1080px
>>30998067
I'm wearing some right this moment and I can promise you that they are still cool.
>>
>>30997905
The life's blood of a soldier is running.
>>
>>30998203
>>30998244
>>30998147

past basic, yeah.

but for basic: run, pushups, situps.
>>
File: 1470680566375.jpg (163KB, 633x950px) Image search: [Google]
1470680566375.jpg
163KB, 633x950px
>>30998574
Marines stand and fight. *salutes*
>>
ITT: USMC propaganda
>>
>>30998028
The memerene corp
>>
>>30997974
Why would you even agree to be in that picture if you looked like the little fat shit on the right? Please make me look like the ugliest girl on the planet
>>
>>30998596
You'll need pull ups for basic.
>>
>>30998789
how many max?
>>
>>30998789

isn't it only for the Marines?
>>
>>30997974
Wow it's like they don't even realize she's there. Treated like that as an adult is pretty sad.
>>
>>30998799
USMC minimum is 3. I think a first class rating is 20.
You should want to work you way up to 3 one handed. That will take a while, but having goals is good.

>>30998834
>Implying anything else matters.
>>
THIS IS NOW A /K/GAY THREAD

>>30997905
Which one would you fuck?
>>
>>30998907
fuck off degenerate
>>
>>30997905

1. For running; start with a treadmill and pick the time you would like to complete a mile in (5:30 for example). Alternate between running at that time for as long as you physically can and slowing down to give yourself a rest. Rest should be 1-3 minutes. As it gets easier, lower your rest time. Do this twice a day, two to three times a week. Do regular runs through a park or neighborhood to see how well you progress.

2. For endurance; Yoga. Seriously, find a spot that does more intense variations and you will see improved performance in the knees. Climbing gyms are also good. Weights are fine, just stick to 3-4 days a week and don't overdo it.

3. Swimming. Swim swim and swim some more. Do it faggot.

4. Stadiums; if you can find a set of stone bleachers to run up and down where no one will mess with you, do that. Do a lot of them. Time yourself.

5. Speed ladder. They're not expensive and plenty of guides online. Use it. You can also use tires.

6. Ruck run; Get your BOB, fill it with old clothes and weights until you've got about 50-60 lbs. Then grab a weight vest that is 25-50 lbs. For hard mode, grab a CAP pole that's around 20 lbs. Run your ass off. Try to make the same times you were hitting in #1. You wont, get used to it and keep going. If it gets easy, start adding python pushups, crawls, pullups, or even just practice falling and getting up with all that gear.

7. Drills, preferably at a tactical school where guys can show you what you're doing wrong. Learn to actually run around with your fighting weapon and use it under fatigue or stress.
>>
>>30998907
None. I'm not into muscle men. I'd rather have a cutesy little femboy who can pass as a girl, because I'm bi and leaning extremely heavily on straight. And also a top most of the time.
>>
>>30998963
>Waaah I want /k/ to be like /pol/
>>
File: explodingknees.jpg (54KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
explodingknees.jpg
54KB, 700x700px
>>30998998
>Ruck run
>>
>>30998907
All except far right manlet
>>
>>30998998

Eat unprocessed high quality and high calorie foods. Pastas, breads, eggs, cheese, homo milk. Tofu.
Get lots of sleep and drink lots of water. This will NOT give you bulk watery muscle. This will give you toned, piratical mass and good endurance conditioning.

Day 1
Generally 10 - 15 reps for two sets of machine workouts.
Lat pull downs 100lbs
Seated Row 85 - 90 lbs
pec fly 85lbs
chest press 100 lbs
chin ups and dips 80 lbs
leg press 170 lbs
Bicep curls 45lbs
internal shoulder rotation 25 lbs (EXTRA EXTRA FUCKING CAREFUL. TAKE IT SLOW)

Pull ups 30 reps x 2 sets
pushups 15 reps x 2 sets from toes and 15 reps x 2 sets from elevated toes
planks 45 seconds 2 sets
Wall squats with weights. 10 rep x 5 sets
sit ups 15 reps x 2 sets

Day 2
leg raises 20 reps x 2 sets
Side leg raises 20 reps x 2 sets
As for cardio, it's good to do a beep test to gauge yourself. Swimming can help with oxygen intake and lung capacity. As for running careful if you are trying to gain muscle, low to no cardio.
If you have muscle and maintain workout, do the following.
Easy walk for 1/4km 250m
Sprint for 1/2km 500m
Easy walk for 1/4km 250m

When possible. 5km jog with 30lb pack. I use a sand vest.

To really push yourself. Try 30km, no stopping.
This is tough as shit but i can do 40km. It teaches you to use longer strides, breathing control, and determination. If you have a heart condition or are fat as fuck, best just to put this aside.
I do this every day. I'm not big but my muscles have more power than the mass monkeys strutting around the gym.
take it or leave it faggots, idgaf.
>>
File: 1470435490848.jpg (33KB, 460x562px) Image search: [Google]
1470435490848.jpg
33KB, 460x562px
>>30999184

15 Years Army.

Fucking THIS.

Ruck runs are fucking retarded.
>>
>>30998028
>USMC Marines..once and always mess with the best die like the rest
SHUT YOUR BOOT ASS UP!
>>
>>30999241
>give you toned, piratical mass and good endurance conditioning.

Piratical.... I kinda like it.
>>
>>30998998
What about rock wall climbing?
>>30999029
Seconded.
>>
>>30999275
It's a typo.... Argh is it? ;}D
>>
>>30998203
>doing dead
>ever

If you use any kind of gym equipment to get into "Fighting Shape" then you are already doing it wrong. 6 years in the Marines I've rarely touched a piece of gym equipment, free weights or otherwise. I did haul around a fuck ton of ammo cans, telephone poles, 7 ton tires, actual human bodies, and 90 pound rucks.
>>
>>30999254

In addition:

Cardio: Wind sprints/intervals are good for cardio. I rarely run more than 5k at a go. I never had to run long distance on the job, it's always short sprints again and again. Long distance running destroys your knees over time and adds little in the way of value.

Compound lifts: dead-lifts, squats, bench, back rows, overhead press, etc. 2-3 times a week. Switch up between bars and bells as you see fit. Throw in some arm/shoulder/fun stuff when these get boring.

Free: chin ups, pull ups, push ups, crunches, leg raises, etc. Avoid excessive sit-ups, they are awful for your lower back over time.
>>
>>30999342
>dead-lifts, squats, bench, back rows, overhead press,
Do a lot of bench presses in combat do you?

Ditch the free weights. They won't help any kind of combat performance.
>>
>>30999241
>piratical
>>
>>30999468

L.O.L.
>>
File: 1469858711116.png (2MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1469858711116.png
2MB, 2048x1152px
>gym rats need not apply
>posts gym rats

Also military PT will not get you looking 'toned' or 'beach mode' or whatever other faggotry people call it. Soldiers that look good will also go to the gym in their own time.

If you want 'functional fitness' then do weights, cardio and lots of balance and flexibility work.

You don't need military PT HURR HERE IS 120KG STRETCHER NOW PUT YOUR SHITTY BOOTS ON AND RUN AROUND THIS CONCRETE SHITHOLE FOR 45 MINUTES, OH AND HERE ARE SOME TYRES AND BEER KEGS TO CARRY TOO

That gets you injuries, arthritis and replacement knees. Stay away from bullshit military fitness, the guys who can don't do much of it anyway.
>>
>>30999342
Dunno about you but I cannot dead lift more than twice a week, I need a good three days in between at least. And I'll be shaky that second time.

I'll be weaker on the lift and there's be little tremors in my legs and core if I do it twice a week, whereas that first day I'll be fine and can lift to close to full potential.

That normal? I try to lift as heavy as I can without ruining my form, only because I don't want an injury.
>>
>>30999468
>Do a lot of bench presses in combat do you?
the same thing push ups do
pushing your ass up off the ground

Military fitness is something designed around having very little fitness equipment on hand
Pushups, sit ups, and running can be done anywhere one earth. A pull up can be done on any stationary any light weight bearing device in the world.
>>
>>30997905
Most important thing for an infantryman is muscle endurance. You need to be able to walk, hike, crawl, hold your weapons over long periods without getting tired. This is not cardio, this is not strength. It's muscle endurance. Training: rope climbs, push-ups, sit-ups, burpees, farmer's walk, swimming, etc. basically everything that is made with low weights and very high-reps, or even isometric tension.

Next most important thing is cardio. You need to be able to run for long periods without getting tired or winded. High level of cardio lets you recover faster from exercise. Training: running, cycling, rope skipping...

Third most important thing is power. Power is the ability to sprint fast, hit hard, jump high and far, throw things far. Training: sprint training, plyometrics, olympic lifting, etc.

Fourth most important thing are flexibility and raw strength. Muscles allow you to carry heavy loads, drag wounded comrades, helps for tasks that require muscle endurance (the stronger you are, the easier your muscles work), strong muscles also prevent injury. Flexibility is important mainly to avoid injury. Training: standard strength oriented weight lifting, stretching

Fifth most important thing are coordination and balance. Used to do multiple things at the same time like moving and reloading, running while looking in an other direction, etc. Balance is used to avoid falling down when moving on rough ground or when passing obstacles. It is also useful to avoid injuries.

Obstacle courses will train about all those aspects of fitness and are used to assess the soldiers global performance. The soldier's training should be as varied as possible.

Least important thing is muscle mass. Training: bodybuilding-oriented weight training, taking d-bol (fills the muscles with water), etc.
>>
>>31001588
>PT HURR HERE IS 120KG STRETCHER NOW PUT YOUR SHITTY BOOTS ON AND RUN AROUND THIS CONCRETE SHITHOLE FOR 45 MINUTES, OH AND HERE ARE SOME TYRES AND BEER KEGS TO CARRY TOO

The point of that is training. It's to simulate moving heavy shit for long periods of time while in kit on the move
>>
File: DBWOD werkout.png (40KB, 1176x457px) Image search: [Google]
DBWOD werkout.png
40KB, 1176x457px
Here is an absolutely excellent workout routine that will kick your ass and get you into functional fitness shape. Perfect for Basic or anything really.

It's called Dumbbell Workout of the Day. It includes lots of running and body weight exercises as well.

I got a 300 on my APFT after doing nothing but one of these workouts every morning for two months straight, and mixing in some ab exercises.

Pic is an example of one of their workouts.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B11F7e9MXvzyOURUVHcyb0NQUW8
>>
>>30998907
the blonde
>>
>>30998907
Far left.
He has the least autistic shorts, the cutest smile, and he is the most muscular one
>>
>>30997905
>cargos
>sagging
Just why
>>
>>30998522
You are very wrong

>but I like her so I'll let it slide
>>
>>30998384
Shut the fuck up Poole
>>
>>31003353
I know i havent went to boot camp yet but i swore into the dep tho im legit im a US MARINE OORAH
>>
>>30998907
None because I'm not gay
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.