[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what exactly makes this $1000+? And don't pull the "muh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: HKUSP.png (242KB, 649x484px) Image search: [Google]
HKUSP.png
242KB, 649x484px
So what exactly makes this $1000+? And don't pull the "muh german weapons laws" when Walther pistols and even the HK VP9 are like $600
>>
>>30994826
I had a compact. Liked how it worked and the controls (safety-decocker, mag release...) but its too expensive imo.
>>
Buying it for $1000 is a bit over exaggerated. In most cases, a base USP can be had for around $800. Compacts, Experts, and Tacticals are a little more expensive, but it's because of the same 'overpriced options' that every other manufacturer does.

As for why it's that much? It's an extremely well-made pistol, it has a name brand and people are willing to pay that.

I managed to get a USP .40 for $400 a year and a half ago (free barrel to boot) and I really enjoy it. I've been extremely tempted to go pick up a USP Compact as my carry piece.
>>
File: hk-slide-3.jpg (66KB, 800x753px) Image search: [Google]
hk-slide-3.jpg
66KB, 800x753px
>>30994826
>So what exactly makes this $1000+?
The fact that people are willing to pay it. If the price wasn't in line with the performance/quality consumers expected of it, it would have dropped price or been discontinued long ago like any other product in a consumer market.
>Walther
Literally airsoft and toy .22s tier weapon maker that has been irrelevant since the '90s, mostly before that even.
>even the HK VP9 are like $600
Market driven product that's doing well, buy one if price is your only justification of a product.
>>
>>30994826
They have extremely tight manufacturing tolerances and quality control. That equates to more waste materials (rejected parts, replacing cutting and molding tools earlier, etc.) and higher labor costs.
>>
>>30994900
>Literally airsoft and toy .22s tier weapon maker

You're thinking of Umarex.
>>
>>30994826
because this gun is as gun as getting your dick sucked on 4/20 in at a denver all you can eat steak buffet you nice man
>>
>>30994826

Better quality control, better materials, and probably a brand-name premium. But if you're paying $1000 for a regular USP you're being ripped off.

One thing I want to point out though that I see a lot in gun communities is people putting a gun on a pedestal just because of its price. When a Glock is 100% reliable and achieves acceptable accuracy, it's just taken as is. That's what you should get, you paid $500 bucks. But when a Sig, HK, or Sphinx is 100% reliable and achieves acceptable accuracy, it's held as an industry-leading quality firearm.
>>
>>30994935
Umarex owns Walther, it's the same company.
Umarex/Walther literally pay H&K (and Colt) so they can copy their designs and sell airsoft/.22 versions.
>http://www.waltherarms.com/tactical-rimfire-replicas/

Outside of that Walther makes:
More .22s
A neutered .380 that lives on only because of James Bond
Some other .380s/9mm (carry) guns
The PPQ, which are actually bretty good, but still only just comparable to the other more popular/available market choices

Walther isn't really a company comparable to H&K. They're more equivalent to Kahr, Charter Arms, etc.
Budget/moderately priced "fun toy" .22s and carry guns.
>>
>>30994998
>But if you're paying $1000 for a regular USP you're being ripped off.

This, even in California new ones go for under $900.
>>
>>30994867
This.

Current prices online are anywhere from $700-800 for a new USP or USP Compact right now. If you see a store trying to sell them for more than that, then move on. On sale, they have been known to dip down into the high- or even mid-$600's in the recent past (this year). In general, .40 caliber USPs are the least expensive, followed by 9mm, and followed by the .45's. You can even get a new USP 40 Tactical right now for under $800 on Gunbroker, and that comes standard with a match trigger kit, threaded barrel with O-ring, and raised sights. If you are willing to buy used (and there's really no reason not to), you can get any caliber USP for as little as $500 for an older one, to maybe $700 on the high end for a like new pistol. I have seen used, older .40 caliber USP's sell for under $500.
>>
>>30995012
Are you fucking high? Walther is Germany's second or third handgun manufacturer. The P99 was probably the most advanced handgun from the late 1990's. Now, the PPQ has taken its place with the nicest trigger for striker-fired guns. H&K handguns are the real meme pistols that only appeal to weeaboos and homos.
>>
File: IMGP1685.jpg (1MB, 3072x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP1685.jpg
1MB, 3072x2048px
>>30995059
For reference, I bought these two USPs on Gunbroker recently. The USP 45 (used) was $525 shipped, and the USP 40 Tactical (NIB) was $740 shipped.
>>
File: chingchongnipnong.jpg (36KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
chingchongnipnong.jpg
36KB, 800x600px
>>30995071
>Walther is Germany's second or third handgun manufacturer.
Out of what, 3 or 4 companies that make pistols in Germany?
Not exactly impressive when you're owned by a literal airsoft company and pay H&K to copy and sell .22 versions of their guns.
>The P99 was probably the most advanced handgun from the late 1990's.
>Polymer DA/SA striker is supposed to be "impressive"
It's a good gun, has some innovative points, but it's nothing fancy and it only did alright in comparison to something like the USP or Glock, both of which far surpassed it at the time and into today as far as widespread use by military/police/civilian sales.
>Now, the PPQ has taken its place with the nicest trigger for striker-fired guns.
And then taken its place at the back of the bus to the VP, Glock, M&P, and likely the 320 by this point.
A moderately/slightly better trigger alone isn't much of a selling point.
>H&K handguns are the real meme pistols that only appeal to weeaboos and homos.
Tears. Tears of desperation.
>>
>>30994924
>extremely tight manufacturing tolerances

UNRELIABLE
>>
>>30995209
Learn what a tolerance is before commenting please.
>>
>>30995224
IT'S NOT A SOLDIER'S GUN
>>
File: 1454339751803.jpg (1MB, 3000x1934px) Image search: [Google]
1454339751803.jpg
1MB, 3000x1934px
>>30994826
Over anything else, it's supply and demand. People are willing to pay that much for it, so the company will keep selling them at that price. If people stopped buying them, they would lower price to meet low demand. Capitalism.
>>
>>30995224
He's memeing you, bro.
>>
>>30994826
>$1000

if you buy off the shelf from a sporting goods store, sure.

They can be had brand new for $800 and used for 550-600 if you are patient and know where to look.

That said, they are extremely well-made pistols and competitively priced for build quality. I have heard awful things about H&K customer service though, but mine has never had an issue necessitating me dealing with them.

What I don't understand is the people who pay 2-3k for a 1911
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.