[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi. Sorry if this is a stupid question, I am new here. Are there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

Hi. Sorry if this is a stupid question, I am new here. Are there any uses for melee weapons in modern warfare? Like bayonet charges or something? The reason I am asking is because sandniggers still seem to legit carry swords to battle. Is it just because they look metal?
>>
It is used for 21 feet encounters when bladed weapons beat guns.
>>
>>30994140
Kill a gunman with a gun? Meh.
Kill a gunman with a sword? Badass.
>>
>>30994140
it is because they are fundamentalist. they put much emphasis on tradition. and, traditionally they fought with swords and beheaded their enemies.

and no, anything beyond a combat knife does not have any real practical application in modern warfare.
>>
>>30994140
nah. they carry it as tradition. Sure ISIS would use it for executions, but never in combat.

It could work. but it would only be for some stupid ninja shit.
>>
The sword is pretty impractical in the modern era. That said, the bayonet is useful in close quarters due to the fact that aim doesn't really matter at that point and you're likely to get more damage out of a bayonet at that point.
>>
>The reason I am asking is because sandniggers still seem to legit carry swords to battle.

It's because they like to pose with them in photographs and execute people with them.
>>
>>30994140
Melee combat happens, yes, but it is rare and sporadic. Put it this way: It's rare and interesting enough that orders to fix bayonets in the modern era almost always get their own news story devoted to that fact.

Also, the Islamic world is HUGE on image and looking tough or "manly", so of course they do shit like carry swords with them. It's just like the skinny 90lb fuckers who hipfire a PKM and then claim that, "Bro, I totally killed like 50 infidels today with my machinegun."
>>30994184
Bladed weapons don't beat guns at 21 feet. The 21 foot rule is a training device used to get officers into the mindset that they are not impervious to attack by a melee weapon. Somebody who already has a gun up and ready at 21 feet or less has the advantage. See: Room clearing by every military in the modern era. Notice how they use rifles instead of knives?
>>
File: 220px-Clive_Dunn-1973.png (91KB, 220x278px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Clive_Dunn-1973.png
91KB, 220x278px
nutter here.

have affixed l3a1 to l85a2 under combat conditions.

Fucker ran as soon as he saw it and me screaming like a maniac stride towards him.

what i wouldn't give for a popper enemy, who will actually fight me.

They don't like it up them! the old cold steel!
>>
>>30995814
Should state weapon was fine, and had plenty of ammo. Just felt like it.
Never got ambushed at close quarters again. fucker pissed himself
>>
File: 1442121124091.jpg (125KB, 685x517px) Image search: [Google]
1442121124091.jpg
125KB, 685x517px
>be Chinese WW2 soldier.
>be given a sword.
>mfw
>>
>>30994184
>>30994366

the 21 foot rule isn't even supposed to be a rule. it was just meant to demonstrate how much ground a person can cover while a police officer could get his gun from a level 2 retention holsters. its not some cure-all magic cqb rule like people think is it.

CQB by modern army definition is 7 feet or less. it's that way for a reason good luck with your 21 foot knife charge.
>>
>>30994140
It's used for prisoners.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.