[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I already own a 9mm handgun for concealed carry and I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 5674567458.jpg (444KB, 732x1046px) Image search: [Google]
5674567458.jpg
444KB, 732x1046px
I already own a 9mm handgun for concealed carry and I don't really hunt. Still I want to expand my collection with some kind of long gun.

Is there any real reason to get a rifle over some kind of shotgun? Aside from plinking.
>>
>>30992765
I'd lean more towards a shotgun if you had some HD obsession or planned to get into some fun shotgun sports. Seriously, skeet, trap and sporting clays are fun as all hell.
Otherwise, I think there's more usefulness from a rifle overall, especially if you do live outside of the city where you can reach out and touch things a bit more.
>>
>>30992765
For cool fun factor a 1897 repro trench gun, fun, loud, good price. Ammo 25c a shot.

For long gun plinking, 22.

For just fun shooting outdoors, black powder. Cheap to shoot, get intimate with weapon. Super cool.
>>
>>30992858
.22 rifles really worth it? Seems like a hell of a lot of gun for something without much heat.
>>
File: IMG_2467-3mb.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2467-3mb.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>30992881
Not at all IMO, I'll keep using my gamo(because muh good irons) 1000fps 22cal pellet rifle in place of my 10/22 unless 22lr comes down in price significantly.
It costs next to nothing to shoot, quiet enough not to hurt the ears, and clanks rimfire spinners pretty hard.
Webm related is me helping to turn some kids progun a few weeks back with it.
>>
>>30992909
>1000fps 22cal pellet rifle

Can you share a link of what you use?
>>
File: P1070162-2.jpg (323KB, 1178x446px) Image search: [Google]
P1070162-2.jpg
323KB, 1178x446px
>>30992931
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Gamo_Whisper_Fusion_PRO_Air_Rifle/2987
It's pretty fun, significantly more noticeable power than my 177 1300fps model.
I mostly use the crosman HP 22 pellets from walmart, they seem dead accurate and are very cheap.
>>
>>30992931
and I should say, it's basically 900fps with regular weight ammo, same with my 177 model that's about 900fps with the 10.5gr heavy pellets I use for plinking
From everything I've heard, 900fps is kindof the sweet spot with pellet guns.
>>
>>30992961
Thanks

Actually looks pretty cool.
>>
File: IMG_2362.jpg (681KB, 2052x1160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2362.jpg
681KB, 2052x1160px
>>30993042
No problem, it's the gun I shoot the most by far even though I have lots of other guns and probably 5x my weight in centerfire ammo stacked.
It's great to get people like the gf etc into shooting when they'd normally be intimidated/annoyed by loud bangs and recoil. And no little kids are strong enough to crank it and load it so I can pretty well leave it out and safely let them shoot it without panicking about "kid" mistakes like muzzle sweeping in excitement after blowing something up.
>>
>>30992765

Time for honesty.

>you have a gun
>you like it
>thinking about another
>maybe this
>maybe that

I know a lot of people with guns, and only ONE of them owns A gun. In a few years, you will be posting in "family" threads with a note that the picture doesn't have your last 3 purchases.
>>
>>30992765
Because common rifle ammo is much less expensive and can be used effectively past 200m
>>
>>30992765

Get an AK like a new WASR-10.

7.62x39 can take medium game like deer if you ever needed to. You also get more rounds per magazine, more accurate over longer distances (compared to most 12 gauge loads), and you'll have a scurry "assault weapon" that may be grandfathered in the event clinton wins and bans them.

AK can also be used for home defense with the proper rounds. I recommend Hornady SST for that purpose.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.