[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so i just bought a crossman optimus .22 breakbarrel as my first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 20160815_214610.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20160815_214610.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
so i just bought a crossman optimus .22 breakbarrel as my first rifle, planning on shooting small game with it this weekend, i went to show my brother and he decided to dry fire it while i was out of the room despite me telling him not to. it says in the manual dry firing can permanently damage the rifle, i cant go out and try shoot it because i live in the city and i dont know anything about guns so i cant tell if its damaged. what are my options /k/? do i have to wait all week to see if my gun is fucked? or is there an obvious sign i can look for?
picture of relation, the .22
>>
>>30991067
Dry firing a bolt action .22 is pretty harmless as far as I am aware senpai, unless this is an airgun.
>>
yeah its an airgun, he only did it once
>>
>>30991154
Then it's not your first rifle.
He did you a favor, airguns are for young children.
>>
>>30991173
so one dryfire will break it? i live in noguns country dont h8
>>
>>30991190
I live in Australia, airguns are still the lowest of the low my friend.
I think it will be fine, and even if not, what is the worst thing that can happen?
>>
>>30991206
i bought it for paper targets and shooting hares, which it will do quite well apparently. didnt realise it was a pissing contest
>>
does anyone have an answer to this shit. so far all ive learned is to not take my airgun to the outback since there is a risk i may be called a gay cunt
>>
Literally just go in your back yard and shoot a pellet into the dirt angle it away from you. It'd best not to dry fire it but one probably didn't fucking break it
>>
Dryfiring once or twice it'll probably be fine.
Id definitely avoid it though.

Take better care of your belongings and don't trust your shitmerchant brother with anything ever again.
>>
>>30991378
ok i fired it thru like 20 layers of thick cardboard and it still fires, so i take it nothings damaged or broken
>>
>>30991067
>HURR air guns are for kids
>doesn't realize high end air guns can still kill a man at 50yds
>doesn't realize they make perfect small pest removal tools
Shit summer and daycare are out early today...
>>
>>30991438
Exactly, i bought it to shoot hares at my gfs farm and paper targets before i can afford to get my gun license but ausfag with inferiority complex had to break my balls
>>
>>30991438
>Hurr durr they are same as real gun
>Hurr durr just different liscense catagory because uunga and not bunga

Good one, I sense someone is buttburt that they can't buy a real gun.
>>
>>30991486
.22 rifle is pretty low on the "real gun" list to be puffing your chest about.

Honestly with airguns filling the role with equivalent results and ammo price/availability what it is, the airgun is probably the smarter choice.
>>
>>30991498
It's still a gunpowder weapon, and gunpowder beats air any day of the week.
Stay cucked kid.
>>
Just walk outside an shoot it. One of tho only reasons to have a pellet gun is so you can shoot it in the 'burbs
>>
Many air guns come from the factory filled with grease to avoid rust, I suggest you open it and do a proper lube tune.
I have a chink B3 air rifle it can go though 3/4 plywood with 1gr pellets (gamo magnum).
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.