[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If someone makes a gun for themselves legally as an individual,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: ron-swanson-clenches-fist.jpg (9KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
ron-swanson-clenches-fist.jpg
9KB, 600x338px
If someone makes a gun for themselves legally as an individual, and then later files for an FFL, can you transfer the guns you made as an individual to your FFL?
>>
Now when you say make...
>make your own guns
>legally
>>
>>30985689
You'd have to file a form and put a serial number on it, but you can do it.
>>
>>30985953
Not OP, but yes anon, you can legally make your own guns.
>>
>>30985962
No. You only have to serialize a title 1 firearm if you are making it as a licensed manufacturer.
>>
>>30985953
what country do you live in? American citizens can make their own guns.
>>
>>30986569
Do they require any sort of permit or paperwork?
>>
>>30986750
No you cuck. Why would there be paperwork?
>>
>>30986795
I'm American, and until I read into it, I would have assumed you couldn't because of no serial number
>>
>>30986750
I'm going to warn you right now.
>>30986795
Is his trap card. Just walk away.
>>
>>30986824
I also assumed this but I'm not the most knowledgeable on stupid braurcratic policy shit
>>
>>30986824
Why would you need a serial number unless you were transferring it?
>>
>>30986829
Ok
>>
I've wondered the same thing.
Legalities of selling a gun you made?

I don't think you can manufacture but you can build for yourself and you can privately sell but you can't just make finds to sell right? So where are the lines and how would that work of you, say, wanted to trade your "ghost" gun in at an lgs?
>>
>>30986867
If you manufacture it to sell it you'd best have a gun manufacturer license.
>>
>>30986867
OP here.

If you make a gun for yourself, it is your's forever.
>>
>>30986907
What if I manufacture it for myself and get tired of it or need the money later on?
>>
>>30986944
Feel free to sell.
>>
>>30986953
I don't need to add a serial or anything?
>>
>>30986967
Only if you are an FFL.
>>
>>30986840
I had assumed it was for establishing ownership, also since its a federal crime to alter or remove a serial number.
>>
>>30985689
>asking for legal advice on /k/
to answer your question, you can do anything with a home made gun that you could do with a factory made gun. but dont be a retard and take my word for it, ask a lawyer or look it up.
>>
Make myself a cool gun for fun.
A year later decide to sell it for money to make different gun.
At busts me manufacturing without a license.
>>
>>30989213
you can sell a gun you made yourself as long as you didnt make it with the intention of selling it.

the real question is if you have to serial it if you sell it. theres a letter floating around saying you do, but supposedly theres no law backing it.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.