[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/, is there anything wrong with selling a used gun for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: mini-30.jpg (163KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
mini-30.jpg
163KB, 800x533px
Hey /k/, is there anything wrong with selling a used gun for close to market value of a new gun if the fool is willing to spend that?

Would you feel bad?
>>
>>30980379
I've done that more than once. It feels bad but if you don't shoot it much, then it's not a big deal.
I have replaced any gun I've sold with something else though
>>
No if they're stupid enough to go for it then that's on them.
>>
>>30980379
I sold a pre ban colt lower for $1,000. The ban expired and they were worth a few hundred bucks. Do I feel bad? Nope.
>>
>>30980379
If a friend has the exact same gun i've been looking for, I wouldn't mind paying close to cheapest new price. Most guns take tens of thousands of rounds before they even begin to show signs of wear. I bet the majority of people on this board dont have more than 500 rounds through their rifles and 1,000 through their pistols. Nice, they broke the trigger in for me.
>>
>>30980379
It depends on how used it is. If it's before the break in period (500 rounds for most rifles) then yeah, a little under msrp is fair. If it's after the break in period (depending on how many rounds are fired) drop the price a bit more. If it clearly shows intensive wear from firing (thousands of rounds), drop the price a lot.
>>
Market price is market price.

Some used guns are more expensive than MSRP because demand is higher than availability.

Sometimes the older generation is regarded as better or has more desirable features.

Some guns are only available used.

Some people don't know what things cost and can't be bothered to look it up, and will pay you whatever you say it's worth.
>>
If someone is willing to pay it, then no need feeling guilt for it. Maybe pitty their stupidity in private, but thats ahout it. I have things that would take orders of magnitude more than they're worth to consider getting off of; if someone wants one of those things at tbat level, then hey...
>>
>>30981687
...I should mention that I've been on the buying side of this equation, as well. I've -drastically- overpaid for items that I had much want for, & couldn't obtain elsewhere...probably to the point of stupidity, but I wanted them. In one case, the seller had remorse& wanted the article back enough to offer me $250 more than I stupidly paid him for it (it was going to take at least triple what I paid to even entertain the thought, & that he didn't have...so I guess he didn't want it back enough, rigbt?)...who's stupider? At that point, what was it REALLY worth? Neither one of us would be able to find another one anytime soon, so...would even 10x what I paid be overpriced to someone willing to pay it?
>>
>>30980672
Kill your self faggot
>>
not really, as a person who generally believes in the honesty of others i generally don't bother with the burden of finding the best possible deal at all times.
If i want something and its worth it to me i buy it. If i think im being made a fool of, then i check it out. i ussually give the benefit of the doubt unless its something ridiculous, and i got nothing against people making their fair share.
if i go to a brick and mortar store i expect to pay more because they have to stay in business. if the fuckers are trying to gauge their costumers then its Internet time.
if i buy a used thing then i have to assess whether is worth it and if i trust the person I'm buying from.

people do make shit judgements in the name of frugality, and if something goes wrong with the gun after you sold it expect problems with the person you sold it to.
>>
>>30981757

Guy gives some solid advice, you go and call him a faggot? I think some one has some growing up to do.
>>
nah, it's /k/apitalism. If someone is going to spend that much on a purchase that should mean a lot to them, they should research first.
>>
>>30980379
Bullseye in Lawrenceville, Georgia. Decent selection. Prices are a bit high, though. Lots of NFA shit.
>>
>>30980379
Feel bad all the way to the bank. It's capitalism baby, if someone is willing to pay it, that's what it's worth.
>>
>>30980379
Yes, it is morally wrong to prey upon people in that manner. You should feel bad. If you know the fair market value and ask a lot more, hoping to hustle an uninformed shopper, congratulations you are a jew.
>>
Being in California, it's pretty easy selling at, or over MSRP due to the fees and taxes involved in buying some guns.

People stock piled off roaster hand guns just to jew after the so called "loop hole" was closed. I'm planning to sell an off roaster soon myself, since I'm moving I'm sure I could get 700+ for a gun I paid 475 for (Same gun sold for 725 a few months ago). I probably won't ask for that much though, since i didn't buy it to resale and I've shot the piss out of it. Still, I might jew a little, just to cover whatever new gun I plan to buy.
>>
If I haven't shot it much then I put it about $200-300 under market.

What pisses me off is seeing a used gun for only $50-100. What's the point of buying used it for $50 more I get it NIB and it usually has a warranty.

People seem to forget buying used is supposed to save you a little money
>>
>>30982653
seeing a used gun for only $50-100 *under market
>>
>>30980379
That gunstore pictured is Bullseye, in Lawrenceville Georgia.
>>
>>30980379

No. Something is worth what another person is willing to pay for it. If that's 2x retail price, that's what it's worth to them, today.

>tfw just scored a motorcycle for half market value
>>
>>30980379
I'd be a bit suspicious of someone willing to pay close to MSRP for a private sale, but that's just me.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.