[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Blaster scopes are always off to the side so you can use

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

>Blaster scopes are always off to the side so you can use your irons for quick, instinctive, emergency close range shooting (because that's what pistols are mainly for) but the scope is there in case you want/need to settle in and take a long shot every now and then.

Is my theory bullshit or what? Is there ever an official reason given besides "because it looks cool" or any alternate theories?
>>
>>30978391
Really niga?
>>
>>30978396
Clearly you haven't been on /k/ long enough to have witnessed a 300 post long Star Wars RP thread. This is nothing.
>>
>>30978391
>1970s movie prop
>Thoughtfully designed

Pick one.
>>
>>30978434
Let me dream pls
>>
>>30978391
Ask again when a new blaster thread starts up.
>>
>>30978391
It's so that when you make a reproduction with a firing broomhandle, you can still be 100% accurate to the prop and load it with stripper clips.

Real reason though was that Mauser was once in a different film and was cut down to be used in starwars, iirc the side mounted scope was a remnant of its original configuration as an actual gun before becoming a blaster
>>
They shot blanks while filming Star Wars so the special effects guys would kniw when to put in pews and lasers. The scope is probably offset for easier loading, since broomhandles are loaded from the top with stripper clips.
>>
It's a real fucking scope mount that had to be offset to be able to load the gun with stripper clips.

Besides, the barrel assembly and slide recoils slightly on a broomhandle, so you wouldn't want to mount anything up there.
>>
>>30978391
It's like a scout rifle but in pistol form. Actually interesting they would think to do that.
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 259x194px
>>30978817
I found a pic of the original prop, you ca kinda make out the scope mount and the scope in the background. It was used by Sinatra in the film "the Naked Runner".
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.