[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tactical wingsuits? Has anyone heard of any units training with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 9

File: gyphon4.jpg (39KB, 660x357px) Image search: [Google]
gyphon4.jpg
39KB, 660x357px
Tactical wingsuits?

Has anyone heard of any units training with wingsuits for tactical insertion? I'm straining my brain to try and figure out how to make them useful. Has anyone heard or seen of any wingsuit action in our armed forces?
>>
No, because you can't carry shit whilst using one
>>
>>30974789
Ultra light Gliders have been used extensively since ww2, as for wing suits they sacrifice capacity for a little menuverablitiy.

There is truly nothing new under the sun.
>>
File: WINGSUIT-1024x576.png (335KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
WINGSUIT-1024x576.png
335KB, 1024x576px
>>30974868
Well, all these wingsuiters with GoPro cameras on their helmets has me thinking we could mount lasers instead. Imagine that! Laser helmets and stealth wingsuits...!
>>
>>30974913
What about bladed boots? Our guys could like, attack enemy troops marching up hillsides using their boot blades, and then cut power lines as they swoop down on enemy territory....!
>>
File: nn20120801a3a.jpg (1MB, 4288x2848px) Image search: [Google]
nn20120801a3a.jpg
1MB, 4288x2848px
The Chinese army would be all "Oh man, those guys are cool. We don't have anything cool like that. No way we can be that cool."
>>
File: jetman-feature.png (1MB, 1090x582px) Image search: [Google]
jetman-feature.png
1MB, 1090x582px
>>30974789
IS-IS would love these.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VPvKl6ezyc
>>
>>30974789
>tactical insertion

Is that rape?
>>
File: 1470685760300.jpg (205KB, 452x554px) Image search: [Google]
1470685760300.jpg
205KB, 452x554px
>>30974789
You realize that you deploy a parachute with these right? The best of them have a 4:1 glide ratio. Which is too damn fast to land unless GI Johnny is packing a healing factor for his missig front side, or is in a capsule(ultralight glider)

So I'd say that this shit is stupid. It just won't happen.
>>
>>30974967
that guy in the back has his knife out he probabl know cqc lol
>>
>>30975212
>all those people screaming THANKS FOR GIVING ISIS IDEAS when these became common knowledge

I'd LOVE ISIS to try to build a few of those, we get multiple dead hadjis for free
>>
>>30974789
It could be useful if someone needed to get somewhere quickly, there was a place to jump from, and in between the jump point and the place they need to go was a lot of problems that would be too difficult to avoid without flying over but flying in an airplane or helicopter isn't an option because radar/airspace agreements/too much noise, AND it's safe all the way up to the jump point but not for the kilometer or so you'd be gliding over, AND the point you need to get to is so important that it was worth the month of wingsuit training and development of a wingsuit you could remove the flaps from to make it useful in a firefight, and it had better be useful because you're not going to be carrying more than 20 pounds with you. So basically, it would almost never be useful.

by the way, those are jetpacks, which would be even more pointless.
>>
File: Our-Future-Banner[1].jpg (2MB, 2810x1369px) Image search: [Google]
Our-Future-Banner[1].jpg
2MB, 2810x1369px
how about a jet pack?

This time with literally coaxial turbine jet engines.
>>
>>30975587
Where we're going, we won't need legs.
>>
File: BakaBomb5.jpg (59KB, 720x564px) Image search: [Google]
BakaBomb5.jpg
59KB, 720x564px
>>30975381
Or they could build these...
>>
>>30975381
>Fall asleep Sunday night after a few beers on the couch.
>Woke just afterdoor at 6:15 am to heavy pounding on you apt door.
>forgetting all your preparednes you make you way to the front door, opening your door without thought of your safety.
>In your yard you see multiple cop cars from multiple jurisdictions.
>As you stand there with mouth open in your shitty tighties and bath robe, you assess your surroundings two heavily armed officers with shirt out of the box ar-15s are standing on your door step.
>An EOD crew is standing by with multiple paramedics and cops attending.
>The you see it the grizzled streak of blood and gore and black cloth that you can only assume was once a person.
>Officer at you door tell you to remain calm.
>Officer tells you that a heavily armed man has apparently commuted suicide near you front door.
>Officer demands to come inside.
>You mutter am I being detained under your breath.
>As you turn around and the officer lead inside.
>A single scrap of black cloth flutters down.
>You reach up and grab it, you see a single whit Arabic character, and behind it a giant bloody bounce mark where, another man has impacted just above your bedroom window.
>A third man in black stumbles badly injure around the corner.
>He blubbers Allu....! Then collapses in the window well.
The isis invasion is over
>>
>>30974789
Looks like a halo pelican raped an unsc marine.
>>
>>30974789
haha those guys look like little planes
>>
>>30975587
it's almost perfect, it just needs an electric motor driven gattling grenade launcher mounted on it somehow and still be aimable from the air
>>
File: jetpack.jpg (61KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
jetpack.jpg
61KB, 1280x720px
>>30978809
like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8nSmiwC_V4
>>
>>30979376
yeah kinda but more like a belt fed full auto grenade launcher. vector thrust and laying down a spread of frags or thermobaric warheads really quick around an area or in a line before going down for a landing would be pretty sick
>>
>>30979462
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWtyfzDuGPw
>>
>>30974789
>Has anyone heard of any units training with wingsuits for tactical insertion?
No
>I'm straining my brain to try and figure out how to make them useful.
Make something like your pic related that fits in the internal bomb bay of current planes. Put 1-2 boosters on it and then use it to deploy SF tier 1 operator from high altitud b-2 bombers. Imagine 10 operators dropped from a b-2 spirit at 50k feet power gliding in at 400 mph several hundred miles into enemy territory.

>Has anyone heard or seen of any wingsuit action in our armed forces?
No
>>
>>30974967
Man type 82s are sexy
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.