[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/, I can finally into carry and I dont have many carry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: mak.png (92KB, 1296x504px) Image search: [Google]
mak.png
92KB, 1296x504px
Hey /k/,

I can finally into carry and I dont have many carry sized pistols. Why shouldnt I do this setup for ccw?
>>
>>30973907
I did it for a while because it was all I had carry-wise for a few months. I had a basic Bianchi leather IWB holster, used an old Leatherman belt pouch for an extra magazine.

I mean, it works, it's rock-solid reliable and relatively thin, and marginally better than something in .380. Honestly though, if you're thinking of buying it for the sole purpose of carry and don't already own one, I'd encourage you not to and spring for something like a Kahr instead. Anymore they're the same price point and they'll be lighter, and you could get one in 9mm then too.
>>
>not keeping the red dick grips
Baka

also
>dildo
kek
>>
>>30974006
Ill keep dick grips, just want another pair
>>
>dildo
>>
>replacing glorious dick grips
>>
>>30974323
>not upgrading your dick grips to high traction synthetic dicks
>>
File: 143438424662.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
143438424662.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Those Pearce grips are redunkulously oversized and way too squishy for my liking. I like the East German grips since they're extra thin and less communist looking.
>>
>>30974455
What holster is that?
>>
>>30974455
>>30974486
I am also curious on that holster; that looks awesome
>>
File: snapcaps.jpg (64KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
snapcaps.jpg
64KB, 1200x800px
>>30973907
> Fucking snapcaps!

My father-in-law insisted on putting snapcaps in EVERY gun and of course anytime I’d pick one up one of his and open the action, the God damned snapcap would go flying out and I’d freak out for a split second, thinking there was a live round up the pipe.

Dry firing a gun when putting it away isn’t going to hurt anything, don’t use retarded scapcaps.
>>
>>30975576
>snapcaps are only for storage/firing pin damage prevention and can never ever be used in practice or drills

It's like you just sit and look at your guns and never use them
>>
>>30975615

When I’m using my guns, I'm shooting live ammunition thru them.

When storing or working on them, I don’t need a snapcap.
>>
>>30975576

Guns I have personally broken by dry firing:

Beretta 92F (Twice.)
AR15 (Twice), one bushmaster firing pin, one colt.
Cracked breechface of Glock 17 out towards the muzzle
SAR-2

>INB4 UR A RETARD
>INB4 UR WRONG

>>30975615

Also this.
>>
>>30975663
>What are FTF drills
>What are practicing reloads/technique more realistically and safely in your own home

Get creative son, especially with handguns you want to train for every possibility (especially dud rounds) and they make it a lot easier if you thrown one in a mag at random. There's more to snap caps than just storage.
>>
Anyone else have any input? Only downside im seeing is the weight but its less than my USP compact and Ive carried that without issue
>>
>>30975803

My feedback is: spend 50 bucks more and get an M&P shield or glock 43. There are better options than the mak for not much more money, if they cost any more at all. Unless you just want a mak because mak.
>>
>>30975842
Basically this. Honestly OP it sounds kinda like you want it just because; if that's the case go for it, it's a reliable pistol, the round is just a little more uncommon and not much better than .380.

Given that I've carried one, however, I'd rather recommend something like a Glock 43 or other polymer single-stack.

Makarov to Glock 43 was pretty much my progression honestly, and though I find myself wanting a Sig 938 or CZ RAMI now, I think I'd always fall back on my Glock as a go-to carry gun.
>>
>>30975886
>>30975842
I was considering a g43 but I thought it might be wise to get the mak first since it will probably be off market first. Additionally im not sure if I feel comfortable enough carrying without a safety yet
>>
>>30975966
It's all in the holster. As long as your trigger is covered and you have any decent retention whatsoever, the chances of something like that happening are insignificant, especially considering the safe-action trigger. Maks shouldn't get so rare that they break $500, especially not in the next five to ten years, and if you can't work up the money to buy one that quickly after a Glock 43, then idk what to tell you.

If the lack of safety really bothers you that much, M&P shields can be had with a manual safety.
>>
>>30973907
Because carrying snap caps is retarded, carry real bullets instead.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.