[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I'm looking in to getting my first rifle. I love the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

So, I'm looking in to getting my first rifle. I love the idea of a rifle like the SKS, but not sure it's worth paying current prices. Are there any similar (i.e., intermediate cartridge, semi-auto) rifles that are a better deal these days, or should I stick with the classic? pic unrelated
>>
>>30973717
enjoy being b&
>>
>>30973717
Do you specifically want a rifle in 7.62x39 with a rifle grip wood stock and small magazine?
>>
>>30973744
I want a cheap reliable rifle, larger than 22. SKS's are getting less cheap, so is there anything better?
>>
>>30973717
I paid $1100 for a browning hi power. In my opinion whatever gun you want is worth the money. Of course if you're likely to want a new gun in 2 months you should probably stick to alternatives, but if you have one gun on the mind then don't go halfway. Just shell out for what you really want.
>>
Gimme gimme chicken tendies, Be they crispy or from Wendys. Spend my hard-earned good-boy points, on Kid's Meal ball pit burger joints. Mummy lifts me to the car, To find me tendies near and far. Enjoy my tasty tendie treats, in comfy big boy booster seats. McDonald's, Hardee's, Popeye's, Cane's, But of my tendies none remains. She tries to make me take a nappy, But sleeping doesn't make me happy. Tendies are the only food, That puts me in the napping mood. I'll scream and shout and make a fuss, I'll scratch, I'll bite, I'll even cuss! Tendies are my heart's desire, Fueled by raging, hungry fire. Mummy sobs and wails and cries, But tears aren't tendies, nugs or fries. My good-boy points were fairly earned, To buy the tendies that I've yearned. But there's no tendies on my plate! Did mummy think that I'd just ate? "TENDIES TENDIES GET THEM NOW, YOU FAT, UNGRATEFUL, SLUGGISH SOW!" I screech while hurling into her eyes, My foul-smell bowel-dwelling diaper surprise. For she who is un-pooped on is she who remembers: Never forget my chicken tenders.
>>
>>30973791
If you want a rifle in 7.62x39, the only thing better than an SKS is maybe a Vepr.
>>
just get an entry level ar-15, you dumb faggot.

>$400 for a sks in nice condition or ~$500 for an entry level AR. really tough choice.
>>
>>30973859
But all entry level ARs are shit, according to /k/.
>>
>>30973859
I wanted to know if there's anything available for less than ~$400.
>>
>>30973859
take it easy, kid

value is value, and thanks to us not living in communism yet, market value has a way of adjusting to what things are worth.

nothing wrong with an SKS, and realistically you should be spending at least 600+ on an AR to get one that is worth your time out of the gate.
>>
>>30973923

Are they worthwhile anymore, or are there cheaper alternatives?
>>
>>30973892
>But all entry level ARs are shit, according to /k/.

M&P Sport is fine. Most of /k/ literally does not own/shoot firearms and generally doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about.
>>
>>30973791
Ar15. You can build one for $400ish. Beyond that, no.
>>
>>30973911
Are you in America? Not likely. Could try some classifieds or a gun show but short of that your pros are limited to an entry ar, an sks, maybe a vepr, or a better job.
>>
>>30974613
Yeah, I've seen some SKS for just under $400, but they're usually not in great shape. I'll probably just keep an eye out for one of those.
>>
File: 1465238831206.jpg (28KB, 500x555px) Image search: [Google]
1465238831206.jpg
28KB, 500x555px
>>30973717
>tfw my south has risen again.
>>
>>30973742
What are you gay?
>>
File: dear god.jpg (73KB, 1000x621px) Image search: [Google]
dear god.jpg
73KB, 1000x621px
>>30973717
If she was a lesbian that would be a crime worse than murder.
>>
>>30973717
good luck and watch the memes last sks I tried to buy i said the innawoods meme and one thing led to another got kicked out of gunshop by owner with that and failed my ar15 gunshop on paperwork seems like ill never get a battle rifle before the election
>>
>>30975398
unless you're libcucked, if you could control your autism for literally 5 minutes, you'd be done.
>>
>>30973717
She would be perfect without the tattoo
>>
>>30975398
that's because you autistically sperged out in front of the gun shop worker.
>>
>>30975316
>implying you even know her actual sexual orientation
She probably is a lesbo wit dem fine bitties
>>
>>30975442
You know, we're in the minority. I hate chicks with tattoos but I always seem to be the only one in the group with that opinion.
>>
>>30975431
i said a meme didnt know thye were going to react like im a terrorist it was a joke as part of conversation>>30975453
>>
>>30975398
You're probably going to shoot up a community college or kindergarten with it anyway, probably better they kicked you out.
>>
>>30975460
>implying you know her personally.

LOL. Keep dreaming, junior.
>>
>>30975471
pi$$ off with that im an patriot and law abiding citie i want a battle rifle before election when they are band and imposible to get or cost 1000 $$$ trying to get ahead of the game even buy a few to flip after they band them
>>
>>30975496
Mark this thread. The day the next mass school shooter posted on 4chan.
>>
>>30973814
Wait, what, dude? Are you okay?
>>
>>30975535
One day, we will become one of them. It happens to everyone on this site eventually.
>>
>>30973717
>tattoo
ruined a good thing
>>
>>30975535
...I was just like you, once. Once..once....
>>
>>30975523
pi$$ off lumpload not a oking matter
>>
>>30975676
>nj anon: autism

autism is fucking right

i bet you want some pure as driven snow princess who farts glitter and sunshine

>confederate bikini
>tattoos
Pick both and only both
>>
>>30975460
It's Photoshopped.
>>
>>30975978
Yep, the original has her nude
>>
>>30976004
No.
>>
>>30975978
You're photoshopped.
>>
>>30975523
Relax. It's Tommy Thyroid. The oldest troll on /k/. What's sad is you newfags keep falling for the act.
>>
OP if you're seeing SKSes in your price range might as well buy one. They were cheap once but they aren't getting any cheaper now.

Odds are by "beat up" you mean one of the Albanian imports which are made in China with some Russian parts. The Sino-Soviet SKSes are good quality. Although very rough on the outside they were typically never or very rarely fired and work well once cleaned up. Rifling is usually in good shape.

As with anything surplus there's always a risk when buying. The cosmoline does make it hard to tell if it's a gem or a lemon. If you can get some guarantee from the store that they'll repair, replace or refund if it absolutely does not work then I'd definitely go for it.
>>
>>30975496
>mfw I'm a law abiding citie
>>
Entry level AR15
High point carbine
Sub2k

In no particular order
>>
>>30977297
I'm a little drunk and just realized you asked for intermediate caliber. Scratch the bottom two off your list. But I'd urge you to consider those still.
>>
>>30973717
if you get a bolt gun don't get a Mosin......well a russian Mosin get a Finnish M39.

Or an Ishapore.

Just get a cheap Milsurp Bolt gun
>Cheap
>Fun
>collectable (cause it's milsurp).
>>
>>30973717
forgot you asked for intermediate, I'd recommend either a SKS (cause they ain't gettin any cheaper)

Entry level AR

Entry level AK (STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM IO and REEEEEE 47's)
>>
Holy shit, OP. Plus ten on that photo. Hot chicks in confederate swimsuits or lingerie = perfection.
>>
>>30975676
Get out of my state, you tripfag cunt.
>>
>>30975277
hell yeah
>>
>>30975465
>I said a meme

>referencing autistic kyrgyz soil science firearm messageboard memes in real life

No wonder they kicked you out, I'm surprised they didn't shoot you. You're like a guaranteed school shooter.
>>
>>30974747
Check classic firearms if you don't mind a yugo. They've got some in pretty decent shape
>>
>>30977384
nigger i've lived here my entire life, and it's in my best interests go try to get the hell out of this commie state
>>
>>30975902
no tattoos are degenerate, everything else excels in getting jizz in my keyboard
>>
>>30975465
You fucking idiot. Why would you even THINK about saying a meme at a gunstore. Of all places. You deserved it.
>>
File: QRBnv43.jpg (75KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
QRBnv43.jpg
75KB, 500x500px
>>30973717
>>
>>30977196
underrated.
>>
Do you women like this actually exist?
>>
File: 23673457.gif (3MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
23673457.gif
3MB, 500x500px
>>30975398
how the fuck?

I let "Nugget Food," slip at a shop once, all the guy did was pause, stare at me, and say, "ok," and proceeded with the transaction.

How do you sperg so hard as to get kicked out? this deserves a greentext.
>>
>>30973850
Vepr is the closest, better option to the SKS. Or build an AR, you can get PSA parts for pretty cheap. Depends on what you want. I'm an AK guy myself, but I like ARs too. But besides an SKS, an AK or AR is the best option for the lowest price.
>>
File: #72Virgins.jpg (41KB, 343x600px) Image search: [Google]
#72Virgins.jpg
41KB, 343x600px
>>30975253
Underrated post n picture
>>
>>30978971
just think of a runaway train of memes followed by the counter guy thinking you're crazy and not to be sold to
>>
>>30979275
you fucking autist
>>
>>30973717
I wish I was in the land of cotton, if you know what I mean...
>>
>>30975442
2nd'd. Bonus points if she was Asian, but shit happens.
>>
>>30973892
I dunno man.
I bought a Del-ton 316E for right around 800? I think I dont remember right now but its been a really good carbine that throws pretty far and straight. 1:8 Twist.
>>
>>30973892
>But all entry level ARs are shit, according to /k/.

Fucking what? The general consensus is to either buy a cheap prebuilt Colt or buy a lower + upper from PSA and snap them together to save some money over buying prebuilt. ARs are like legos, if there's a part you don't like you can always just swap out that specific part for a new one at any time.

Buy an AR and stock up on mags and ammo for it.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.