[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proje ct_Eldest_Son I don

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Eldest_Son

I don't see the point of using ammunition sabotage against extremists if the extremists value the ammo more than the humans using it. Even if the Extremists lose a few thousand guys, they still get a few more shots out of this tactic used by the United States, which is really all they care about.
>>
>>30972210
Psyops.

>can't trust weapons
>can't trust supplies
>can't trust leaders
>fuck it, let's go home.
>>
>>30972210

According to a forum post on ye olde Akfiles, vietnam wanted to import a bunch of old surplus 7.62x39 to the US in the 70s or 80s and the ATF didn't allow it because of fear there would still be a salted round here and there and kill someone who shot it. Since it basically blows the receiver up in your face.
>>
>>30972409
Why would anyone tell them that their gun is sabotaged? Seems stupid.
>>
>>30972210
Can't ammo sabotage be solved with soldiers just unseating all the bullets in the ammo they have, mixing the powder together, pouring powder back in, and reseating bullets.
Best case you have refurbished ammo, worst case you have slightly higher pressure ammo.
>>
>>30973170
I'm sure there are ways to stop it, but I doubt the extremist leaders would care since both the guns and soldiers are cheaper than the ammo they shoot.

It's just not logical in my opinion.
>>
>>30973200
But the individuals in the ground would have a vested interest in taking 20 minutes of free time and just averaging out (into a negligent effect) any sabotage in the ammo they carry.
>>
>>30973237
Sort out the ammo? Why would they bother at all? They'd just get a kid or someone dumb to shoot it instead. It's not like they expect to get the rifle back or the insurgent if they are carrying out a suicide mission.

I mean really think about it, the USA is arming the extremists more than stopping them by using sabotaged ammo. It's completely illogical.
>>
File: SOG.jpg (64KB, 600x800px)
SOG.jpg
64KB, 600x800px
>>30973164
Rumors/Gossip among troops moves faster and many times is more trusted than formal communication through chain of command.

>>30972409
This, we are already killing morale whether they will admit it or not. Shit like sabotaging ammo and dropping counterfeit leave forms is the shit that will make daesh further weaken.

That said, I wouldn't want to be the asshole who has to lug the sabotaged ammunition into their territory. Not after reading the SOG stories, but someone should do it.
>>
>>30972210

There is no point, the entire scheme was an entirely pointless effort that is now propped up as a success by retarded CIA/MACV-SOG fanboys fighting the "We won Vietnam" rearguard action.
>>
>>30973170
Yeah sure just equip all the grunts will Lee handpresses. All of them. Then have them unload and reload a few hundred rounds at a time, every time they go out. That's not retarded at all
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.