[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok so I got me a maverick 88 12 gauge.Kicks hard and has recoil,of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 90785.jpg (42KB, 1392x326px) Image search: [Google]
90785.jpg
42KB, 1392x326px
Ok so I got me a maverick 88 12 gauge.Kicks hard and has recoil,of course.I want to know what you guys think would be the best route to reduce recoil and the like.I know I can put weight into the stock and there are attachments for the barrel.I want to use it for slug hunting mainly.Any ideas on recoil help? Pretty novice at guns honestly so any advice is welcome.
>>
>>30964631
hold it right to reduce recoil. proper stance should make it tolerable without adding anything.
adding weight is a cheap and easy method. you can add an aftermarket recoilpad like a limbsaver to decrease felt recoil.
>>
>>30964672
what would you recommend adding into the gun if I did go that route? I heard you can add shot and some people use shotgun shells themsevles.I was thinking just get some lead or metal pieces and put em in the stock and balance them out with a mercury barrel weight.
>>
low recoil buckshot?
heat shield for weight
Not being a bitch
>>
>>30964715
heat shield is a good idea.As far as being a bitch? I dont really care too much.I just need the deer to be dead and I want to be semi comfortable while doing it.
>>
>>30964698
>.I was thinking just get some lead or metal pieces and put em in the stock
this works but really just stop being a bitch unless you want a 10 lb shotgun
>>
>>30964631
Not being a pussy faggot. It's not even that bad of recoil

Are you shooting from bench? You feel more recoil in the positions with greater resistance.

I can't shoot more than 30 rounds through my enfield or mosin from the bench. But can shoot them all day standing.
>>
>>30964631
>best route to reduce recoil
Hold the gun correctly
Stand correctly
Use lower power ammo?
Use recoil pads on the buttstock
>>
>>30964631
Move to a 20 Ga
>>
>>30964631
Holy crap you are a huge pussy. I shoot 3" magnum loads all day with my 870. Just get a limbsaver, or a supercell recoil pad thats a direct fit, or if you're too incompetent to screw in 2 screws get a slip on recoil pad from walmart, just make sure its the correct size dammit.
>>
>>30964747
I dont mind the weight of the gun.I just want it as steady as possible
>>
>>30964799
lead it down then but no amount of gun fuckery is going to fix the bitch pulling the trigger.

if your goal is holding the gun steady recoil shouldnt matter since that happens after you pull the trigger
>>
>>30964789
why am I a pussy? because I want to lower recoil for a more accurate shot? Is recoil good? Im thinking its a negative so why not try to negate it as much as I can.
>>
>>30964833
Does not affect accuracy unless you flinch when you pull the trigger.

You flinch when you are a bitch and are scared of the recoil.
>>
>>30964784
eh,Ive heard the gun CAN be lighter and actually have more recoil,depending on the shell you use of course.I also like the 12 for the amount of different ammo it has.
>>
buy the chubbiest limbsaver you can find and start working out to build some shoulder mass

lean on the gun whle shooting.
>>
>>30964878
it really doesent effect accuracy huh? I would honestly think it would.
>>
Shoot it in the prone position, OP. The ground will help absorb the recoil.
>>
>>30964884
I will definitely get a limbsaver.Ive been told that many times and all sites recommend it.
>>
>>30964894
recoil effects follow up shots it wont do shit to change the intial shot
>>
>>30964916
hmm interesting.Thanks for the info.
>>
>>30964799
then hit the gym, ya noodle-armed choir boy
>>
>>30964894
Bullet is already out of the barrel by the time you really feel the kick. If you flinch, you move the gun during the triggerpull, which is bad.
>>
>>30964631
y tho
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.