[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www businessinsider com/us-military-armed-rebellion-2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9

File: images.jpg (6KB, 309x163px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 309x163px
http://www businessinsider com/us-military-armed-rebellion-2016-8

>This is how the US military would put down an armed rebellion

think anyone active duty would engage against armed civilians if told to by obama?
>>
>>30964177
Do we really need this thread every fucking week?
>>
I didn't think the army even had the authority to carry out any sort of operations on our own soil
Wouldn't it be the National Guard + local PDs/swat teams/FBI and shit?
>>
>>30964177
try again
>>
>>30964225
This. Military isn't allowed to operate on its own citizens through the Insurrection Act of 1807 and the Posse Comitatus Act. Then again, the National Guard is only a loophole to these acts be since they're basically an extended reserve of the military when it comes to internal civil unrest
>>
>>30964225
>The government would invoke the Insurrection Act of 1807 to form a response:

>From Title 10 US Code the President may use the militia or Armed Forces to:

>§ 331 – Suppress an insurrection against a State government at the request of the Legislature or, if not in session, the Governor.

>§ 332 – Suppress unlawful obstruction or rebellion against the U.S.

>§ 333 – Suppress insurrection or domestic violence if it (1) hinders the execution of the laws to the extent that a part or class of citizens are deprived of Constitutional rights and the State is unable or refuses to protect those rights or (2) obstructs the execution of any Federal law or impedes the course of justice under Federal laws.)
>>
>>30964225
They dont unless authorized by either the prez or congress
>>
It was an interesting read but it would never happen like that. If US soldiers are given orders to fire on fellow citizens it is estimated that at least %50 of military forces will defect to the rebel side.
>>
Imagine the wet panties of soccer moms and BLM supporters everywhere as troops march down their streets to restore order...before turning around and joining the slavboos with mosins forming a roadblock
>>
Hey guys, question relating to this topic. Im trying to plan going innadesert, and just got topographical maps of the area. What things shouldI mmark as interest points, or in case need arises, areas to target. Just a general guideline, not specifics. I can do digging and recon myself.
>Inb4 Hi FBI/ATF/CIA/ALPHABET
>>
>>30964197
we had one this morning already

OP, you flaming homosexual, just go through the archive and read one of the many threads you already started.
>>
File: redfor.png (203KB, 1802x905px) Image search: [Google]
redfor.png
203KB, 1802x905px
obligatory
>>
File: 1439082222574.gif (2MB, 469x226px) Image search: [Google]
1439082222574.gif
2MB, 469x226px
>>30964257
>>§ 332 – Suppress unlawful obstruction or rebellion against the U.S.

so what's a lawful rebellion? enquiring minds want to know.
>>
>>30964403
I'm picturing something like the Cultural Revolution.
>>
File: 1466185696890.png (36KB, 1098x313px) Image search: [Google]
1466185696890.png
36KB, 1098x313px
>>
File: 1466185758532.png (62KB, 1103x654px) Image search: [Google]
1466185758532.png
62KB, 1103x654px
>>
File: 1466185918694.png (36KB, 1062x366px) Image search: [Google]
1466185918694.png
36KB, 1062x366px
>>
>this guy will call that guy
>that guy will call another guy
>another guy is in charge and can do this and that
>the government will have intelligence on the opposition
>federal troops will capture checkpoints
>federal troops will capture infrastructure
>order will return

Wow, great write-up.
>>
>>30964457
i wouldn't do the dog, i'm not ATF man
>>
Who here /progovernmentleftwingdeathsquad/ here?
>>
>>30964467
>we all get black market full auto AKs and some RPGS

i see no downside
>>
>>30964177
AD here
I certainly wouldn't.
>>
>>30964457

Why would you kill the dog? Dogs are great. A bit much, I'd say.

Either way, I'm always a little curious as to why some of these cop shooters don't just shoot a couple or a few cops and then slip away instead of holing themselves up and continuing to shoot.

If they can get away, they can shoot more cops, right? Why not be smart about stuff? inb4 niggers.

Also, I don't support it or anything. Just saying.
>>
>>30964467
>Congress scurrying of hiding from bunkers so snipers won't get them.
Lol, that actually happened in Puerto Rico during the Nationalists Insurgencies
>On March 1, 1954, in another armed assault, four Nationalists fired shots from the visitors' gallery in the House of Representatives of the United States Capitol during a full floor debate, wounding five Congressmen, one seriously. The Nationalists were protesting what they perceived as a continuation of a colonial status in Puerto Rico.
>https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puerto_Rican_Nationalist_Party_revolts_of_the_1950s
>>
>>30964515

Maybe it was the ATF being false flags.
>>
>>30964479
agreed. Keep general's doggo, sending him pics of you doing cool shit with doggo as ebic trole-bait.
>>
>thinking bubba and cletus are going to storm town hall

i hope they think thats how it will play out. no businessinsider, it wont be assassinations and ambushes.
>>
>>30964177

Yes, they will follow orders like good little animals.
>>
>>30964177
>Anonymous 08/12/16(Fri)23:19:32 No.30964
the armed forces i know and the police i know. would never.
>>
>>30964683
The number of armed forces + police that you know probably doesn't exceed low double digits at a maximum, which is probably not enough to make much of a difference.

Military troops are often young, and would relish the chance to exert authority, without a full understanding of the consequences. It's not a matter of being "good little bootlickers" or "freedom-hardon patriots" it's just a matter of basic human nature. People like power. The military and the police would do their "job" and they would assert themselves accordingly.
>>
>>30964792
I don't think you give them enough credit. It's real easy to dehumanize sandniggers and shit, it's harder when everyone looks like you, talks like you, and does the same shit you do
>>
>>30964177
yes
>>
>>30964403
The rebellion that succeeds
>>
>>30964792
Nope
>>
>>30964792
This guys right. Some higher ups would defect. Straight outta highschool boots will gladly take advantage of their newfound power as long as somebody puts a nice propagandized label on the people theyre fighting against. After a few military deaths, the enemy will become practically subhuman and will be treated as such.
>>
>>30964177

ITT: dumbshits who never heard of the Milgram experiment.
>>
>>30966428
The Fireflys will rise from the ashes!

Though seriously wtf is a resistance movement going to do with a cure, hold it ransom from the government?
>>
>>30966489
Dude, imthere isnt even any deep psychological aspect of it.

You give a bunch of disgruntled infantry lance coolies and NCOs a reason to get back at their higher ups and politicians, you bet your ass they're going to take it.

I had Armory access when I was in and we'd openly discuss how we'd raid the cage and the nearby ASP to start tear assing around Pendleton and SoCal.

I can garuantee that over 70% of the fighting men in the military would GTFO when the gov't loses its mind
>>
File: 1470010797217.jpg (70KB, 720x717px) Image search: [Google]
1470010797217.jpg
70KB, 720x717px
What side do you guys think would China/Russia/etc choose in civil war?
>>
>>30967249

Well, last time they helped the yankees so this time it's up in the air.

P.S. all of you are fucking stupid and the NG will already fuck over civilians because they're ordered to do so. There's no "LOL THEY'LL JUST DEFECT!"
>>
>>30964441
>>30964457
>>30964467
Playing Devil's advocate.

How does this not happen in Israel, then ?
>>
>people actually think that every pilot, soldier, and sailor would absolutely refuse to fire on citizens out of some sense of honor to consitution
Sadly that's not true. They are 60% retards who would fire at anybody if given a chance
>>
>>30964391
this post is fucking retarded
>>
>>30964441
you forgot the part where the military starts flying the drones from Okinawa or Ramstein or a fucking carrier in the middle of the ocean
>>
>>30966489
oh look someone has taken intro to psych and she understands the entire human race
>>
>>30967747
>+2 nutrient pods have been added to your resource cache
>>
>>30967293
I don't recall Israelies using drones against Palestinians. Then again, Arabs are very incompetent compared to McVeigh
>>
File: missilegarb.jpg (55KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
missilegarb.jpg
55KB, 600x398px
>>30967293
>not just implying it doesn't, but explicitly asserting that it doesn't

nigger you went full retard
>>
>>30964177
Yes. Why wouldn't you think so?
>>
>>30967335

You're confusing them with the police, would would pretty much be what the Gov. would be relying on in this scenario.
>>
>>30964391
°these are the threads they monitor most
>>
>>30968698
>implying we're not all government agents baiting each other
>>
>>30968726
>FBI vs NSA shitposting war

kek
>>
>>30964477
That plan worked out so well in Iraq. I mean look at it,its now a flourishing democracy of peace and freedom.
>>
>>30968803
>CIA just counts his drug money and laughs as the page autorefreshes
>>
>>30964177
yes they would.

and no, you would not be able to form a militia and overthrow the government. Intelligence networks would shut down any form of organization bar actually congregating, in which case you would probably get btfo from the air or arrested.
>>
>>30964403
They probably meant "[unlawful obstruction] or [rebellion]"
>>
>>30964225
what about domestic terrorism

with the right rhetoric, just spin it correctly
>>
>>30964403

lawful rebellion is electing people who will legally enact the changes you want to see in government. but the issue is that all the people who want change are too stupid/weak willed to run for government, they just want to shoot everyone and start over.
>>
>>30964177
>http://www businessinsider com/us-military-armed-rebellion-2016-8

That article is full of shit hypotheticals that don't reflect historic actions taken by citizens in the past.
>>
>>30969665
Jefferson seemed to think at least a show of force and minor bloodshed would a regular necessity, then again the man was practicaly a khornate cultist.
>>
>>30964515
>If they can get away, they can shoot more cops, right?

Getting away doesn't fit into the narrative that's unreeling in their head. Going out in a blaze of glory is part of the package.

It would be interesting if there was a highly organized serial killer who decided to target cops, though. Somebody like an airline pilot, who travels all over the country.
>>
>>30969665
>shoot everyone and start over

Yeah
>>
>>30966489
>Milgram experiment

Which one? There were a bunch. He misrepresented his findings, just like you're doing now.

Or are you just being a good little German who wants to believe?

Here's a quote for you to ponder on;

>By examining records of the experiment held at Yale, I found that in over half of the 24 variations, 60% of people disobeyed the instructions of the authority and refused to continue.

And here's the source-

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/crux/2013/10/02/the-shocking-truth-of-the-notorious-milgram-obedience-experiments/#.V691CfRHbCQ

Here's a source that mentions that Milgram's findings can't be replicated.

http://www.npr.org/2013/08/28/209559002/taking-a-closer-look-at-milgrams-shocking-obedience-study

It's pretty well known that Milgram's findings have been debunked. Why are you not aware of this?
>>
>>30967272
>NG will already fuck over civilians because they're ordered to do so. There's no "LOL THEY'LL JUST DEFECT!"

Sure. They'll fire on their neighbors and friends and co-workers. Right.

I think it's more likely that they'll ignore their call-up notices. I'd be surprised if NG units achieved 25% manning levels.
>>
>>30964177
No that's why they are militarising the police and doing fun runs against protesters to get ready
>>
>>30971794
>got lucky on google search

Nobody is saying Migram's conclusions are iron-clad (in a field where consensus is basically impossible). Milgram pointed out that there are more people than many would like to believe who will outsource their morality to any authority figure.

Even if you take the low-end of the attempted replications (low double digits) that is still a lot of people... along the same lines some academics posit that 10% of the population of psychopathic.
>>
>>30971852
The current estimation is that half of the armed forces would defect.

That is a conservative estimate, and in line with Migram's actual findings.
>>
>>30972035
>current estimation

From whom? The oathkeepers?

As another anon already mentioned, just call the rebels traitors or some other label, lay out the propaganda and most of these defectors will fall right back in line.
>>
>>30971852
>Milgram pointed out that there are more people than many would like to believe who will outsource their morality to any authority figure.

In a flawed study. And then he misrepresents his findings, which is the unforgiveable sin. That 65% number which gets bandied about so much is from one experiment, involving 40 subjects. There were other experiments where he had zero compliance. He used over 700 subjects.

His attempts to explain or justify Nazi behavior are off base, as well. He failed to look at the the underlying social, political, economic, national, and global factors. Example: Trump is a demagogue on par with Hitler. I find it very unlikely that he'd be able to kick off a contemporary version of the Holocaust. The environmental conditions aren't right for it.

Hillary's a demagogue as well, just not as charismatic.
>>
>>30972056
as /pol/ has been speculating, a certain someone seems to be priming the zeitgeist with certains ideas aboug certain behaviors our honest government officials, fairly elected and well-intentioned, are willing to commit

It's all about which way the propaganda wall falls
>>
>>30972082
>zero compliance. He used over 700 subjects

Nope

>Of those other 700-odd people, obedience rates varied enormously. In fact, there were variations of the experiment where no one obeyed."

The variation with zero obedience would be the ones where modern day ethical concerns compelled full disclosure from the conductors, thus changing the experiment entirely.

Look at the smiling faces of the Waco arsonists or the unrepentant Ruby Ridge killers for example of people who are not only willing, but happy to dispense violence on behalf of authority.
>>
>>30972153
This whole thread has gone in the wrong direction. The hypothetical situation already counts out the National guard and local PD forces due to the chance they wouldn't fire on civilians. So that is a large % right there.

My point is they did based off a local rebellion where the federal government had all the advantages from terrain to no local police or civilian resistance, just "militia leaders".

It would be a new ball game had it spread to the most of state of South Carolina and than spilled over to North Carolina. This would be worse with more defections than some Podunk town vs the entire US military.

Ft Bragg would be under threat, infrastructure like nuclear power plants, oil farms, dams sources could be seized. They didn't want go there in this weak study because it would be bad.
>>
>>30964177
screencap that shit nigger, I ain't about to give fucking businessinsider any views
>>
File: tumblr_nda7kmwfBI1tcgfx0o1_1280.png (673KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nda7kmwfBI1tcgfx0o1_1280.png
673KB, 1024x576px
>>30969062

No! CIA is pure!
>>
>>30967293
First question on every clearance and workplace advancement test
>Are you a Jew

Palestinians are shifty second class citizens in Israel m8
>>
>>30969090
>Being this bootlicker
>Thinking even the US government can backtrace every tom dick and Cletus, let alone devote resources to no knocking them in opposition controlled areas

As long as you O P S E C the only identifying information on a burner is a Mac address

Remember that when you hear about the government trying to destroy the prepaid cellphone market with government registered Obama phones. As we slip further into dystopia we'll probably see a push to outlaw unregistered access to the internet.

Oh wait
>TTP
>>
>>30971613
That Frien guy had it set up right but his shitty psl missed a handful of 50 yard shots so witnesses survived

Note how publicized the manhunts for him and dorner were. note how dorner was "burn it down!"d. The police/media always attempt to use a show of force/murder so people won't attempt to do the same thing. But if a few BLM faggots reenacted the beltway sniper the police would be flummoxed and impotent to protect their own.
>>
>>30964177
>Story is not even real.

Way to fag it up OP.
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.