[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know nothing about guns and their usage (I'm not from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: collateral.jpg (1MB, 1772x1178px) Image search: [Google]
collateral.jpg
1MB, 1772x1178px
I know nothing about guns and their usage (I'm not from the US) besides trigger discipline, but am interesting in learning about it for when I direct people using guns in my movies.

I'm mainly wondering how an experienced shooter would hold a gun (trigger discipline and all), pull a gun, and identify an inexperienced shooter (and general mistakes inexperienced shooters make). The characters in this case (an upcoming project) are "private" gun users ("normal" people who have been in firefights, criminals and such), not military personnel.

Are there any good guides, or do any of you have some advice?
>>
I would suggest taking a look at concealed carry handbooks. They would help immensely. Also, there are plenty of youtubers that /k/ approve of that just by watching their videos you can learn a lot from.
>>
>>30957347
Thanks. Are there any concealed carry handbooks you recommend in particular?
>>
Anon, another good bet besides Concealed Carry handbooks would be 1: start researching and googling like no tomorrow, and 2: see if you know anyone who is current/former military/law enforcement. Getting some guidance from those kinds of people could really help you.
>>
>>30957693
>see if you know anyone who is current/former military/law enforcement. Getting some guidance from those kinds of people could really help you.

I actually just had a Skype call with a friend's friend who's in the army and explained me a lot. It was incredibly helpful.

Thanks, I'll just Google a lot of info too.
>>
>>30952184
>>
>>30957304
>Are there any good guides, or do any of you have some advice?
Go back to film school and pay more attention. An experienced shooter in context of a film isn't necessarily going to do everything perfectly in every situation. Stop making handguns death rays why don't you show those dumb henchmen gurgling on blood with a collapsed lung instead of falling over dead instantly after running at the main character one at a time.
Why don't you make a movie about shit that's relevant instead of make believe fights? Throwing realistic stuff in with unrealistic outcomes gives people the wrong impression after watching these movies.
>>
>>30959786
>Stop making handguns death rays why don't you show those dumb henchmen gurgling on blood with a collapsed lung instead of falling over dead instantly after running at the main character one at a time.
It's funny that you say that, because that's actually what I'm interested in. I don't make action movies. I just want a character who holds a gun who's supposed to know about guns look like he actually knows what he's doing.
>>
>>30959902
>look like he actually knows what he's doing.
That's really what I hate about movies and guns. I don't care if he knows what he doing unless you show him executing wounded people that are bleeding out crying and begging to live instead of just flying backwards or falling over dead.
Knowing what they do doesn't make them look correct and more believable, that's an image being pushed. The most dangerous people are the ones that don't know what they're doing and don't do correct shit, that's when you get outcomes with dead people unlike the super hollywood operator shit you want, it's not real.
If they know what they're doing, they'd probably have discipline to not use their weapon probably at all, doesn't make for a good action movie, you considered a comedy?
>>
File: Shane_Aiming.png (1MB, 1090x693px) Image search: [Google]
Shane_Aiming.png
1MB, 1090x693px
One of the things that always rustles my jimmies in movies and TV shows is when allegedly experienced shooters grip a pistol way down low with an obvious gap between the web of their thumb and the beavertail.
>>
>>30959902
just give your actors weapons and tell them to act like reckless idiots.
children don't get guns because it's dangerous they don't know what they're doing
mentally ill don't get weapons because they don't understand reason and don't know what they're doing
people get kicked off ranges for not following safety precautions because they don't understand why those precautions are in place, don't know what they're doing.

looking like they know how to handle a weapon when they're just out to kill other people is pointless and unrealistic they're just looking to use them. rewrite your script from super operator to welp this dumb accident happened and randomly kill off cast members if you want it to look real like they know what their doing
>>
>>30957304

Luckily you have youtube now.

How to grip handgun
How to shoot handgun
How to aim handgun
How to draw handgun
Reload, malfunctions, etc

Watch vids by good trainers such as Miculek, Travis Haley, Larry Vickers

Get an airsoft pistol and practice with it to get a feel

>>30960108

Yea this is a big and common issue. Another one is actors faking recoil.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.