[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>got my first firearm about half a year ago >family had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 160
Thread images: 35

File: 1274994658218.jpg (180KB, 633x772px) Image search: [Google]
1274994658218.jpg
180KB, 633x772px
>got my first firearm about half a year ago
>family had a mild shitift that I would buy a "murder tool" but was able to pass it off as an inhome procaution because of a string of break ins
>visit my brother, 4 sisters, mother, father, grand mother, 3 nephews and 2 nieces twice or more a month
>been concealed carrying for nearly 2 months at every family outing and cook out without anyone knowing
>surprise bearhug before go-carting and brother finally feel my concealed weapon
>4 siblings and 3 husbands and 1 wife surround me and tell me to leave and that I was not welcome near them or my nephews/nieces
>said I would end up killing one of them with my gun and they would never allow me near as long as I carry

I am 27 separate frutiy flavors of furious. They never even KNEW I was carrying and I did it for everyone's protection. Taking the classes and practicing to ensure I was able to readily defend myself and those around me from harm. Yet months after the fact I had been CONCEALED carrying I am now a monster for even being in proximity of my loved ones.

Is it worth investing in some kind of vehicle safe to leave my weapon behind when I visit or do you just stand your ground? Family is crazy liberal.
>>
Your family is insane. Join the circus
>>
>>30955145
Just take extreme actions on your friends and families

Just like what antman did with his used to be church friends in the past
>>
>>30955145
>and I did it for everyone's protection.

You don't generally conceal carry for someone else's protection.

>Is it worth investing in some kind of vehicle safe to leave my weapon behind when I visit or do you just stand your ground?

It's worth investing getting the fuck away from your family. They're unreasonable and you're better off without them.
>>
>>30955160
This OP. Fuck that "blood thicker than water" bullshit. If your family doesn't trust you, well let something bad happen to them and just say "hey I was respecting your wishes and didn't come around armed". Plus your brother sounds like a whiny millennial fuccboi if the first thing he did was run and snitch if you aren't doing anything illegal. Tell your brother tyrone's cock is gonna fill him up nice one day.
>>
>>30955145
I'd suggest staying away from them for a time. Don't even communicate at all. Just let yourself calm down and focus on other things instead of their over reaction
>>
>>30955145
If that's how your family treats you, then fuck 'em. They're not good people. People you can't have honest relations with are not worth your time. Would you put up with non-family treating you this way?
>>
File: punished feel.jpg (98KB, 871x918px) Image search: [Google]
punished feel.jpg
98KB, 871x918px
>>30955145
They are no longer your family, we are, anon.
>>
>>30955145
Family is important. Switch to an LC9 or something, pocket carry and call it a day. What they don't know won't hurt them.
>>
File: 1470503266053.jpg (45KB, 512x657px) Image search: [Google]
1470503266053.jpg
45KB, 512x657px
>>30955214
This

Reject them

Embrace the /k/ovenant
>>
File: 1454984481498.jpg (245KB, 1076x1284px) Image search: [Google]
1454984481498.jpg
245KB, 1076x1284px
>>30955214
Remember, you're here forever.
>>
File: 1280569982230.png (338KB, 524x478px)
1280569982230.png
338KB, 524x478px
>>30955194
>>30955211
>>30955214
I can hate my brother and sisters. I can disagree with my Mom and Dad. It is my little guys that get me. They told me I was going to end up shooting one of them. That I was going to be the cause of their death. I love those kids like they were my own and the idea that something could happen to them because no one else was able to stop it makes me tear up. I don't care if everyone else hates my choice to carry but I don't want to be separated from the kids.

I would be absolutely destroyed if they were hurt in any way because I was kept away and unable to protect them.
>>
File: 34923479232.jpg (36KB, 600x722px)
34923479232.jpg
36KB, 600x722px
>>30955145
Why go out of your way to entertain people who don't respect or like you? I've seen way too many people get on their knees and kiss someone's ass because their title was 'Mom', or 'Dad', etc...

I'm not saying to be an automatic asshole to your family, but treat them as you would anyone else: if they treat you like shit, stop hanging around them
>>
If they're going to banish you for carrying a gun then they're letting that gun become more important to them than you are.
Take a couple weeks to calm down with no contact, then ask them if they really don't trust you not to shoot/kill them all.
>>
File: 1458888196221.jpg (90KB, 706x720px) Image search: [Google]
1458888196221.jpg
90KB, 706x720px
>>30955246
basic liberal shit

"i'm responsible for my own safety and i don't like that, this guy is trying to protect my offspring, better exile him"

fucking retards
>>
File: bubbles.gif (2MB, 500x274px) Image search: [Google]
bubbles.gif
2MB, 500x274px
>>30955246
But think of the opportunity for "a toad so" gloating!
>>
File: 1466121112949.jpg (24KB, 480x360px)
1466121112949.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
>>30955271
>>
>>30955194
Fun fact: many people commonly misuse the term blood is thicker than water to say that family is number one. The full quote is blood of the covenant is thicker than water of the womb. Literally the exact opposite of how it is commonly used.
>>
>>30955246
Not your job to protect them

Nice anime reaction image though, you sure conveyed your current feelings of exasperation through that nippon artwork
>>
>>30955145
Introduce them to niggers and they'll change their tune. Otherwise fuck them.
>>
>>30955214
this fama bam. We are all you need
>>
>>30955246
it seems they're unreasonable enough that any proof that you have taken classes and are trained to handle firearms will go right over them. Honestly though I would respect their wishes and when you're at their house, not carry, but in public or if they're at your house, tell them to fuck off and that you will exercise your privilege to CC because you have gone through adequate training.
>>
File: debil blyad.jpg (15KB, 400x270px) Image search: [Google]
debil blyad.jpg
15KB, 400x270px
>>30955286
>Idiots misusing their own language
These are the same people telling immigrants to learn English or gtfo
>>
>>30955156
Storytiem links nao plox
>>
>>30955246
You haven't failed if they get hurt, your family was preventing you from protecting them
>>
>carry gun
>instant murder machine
nevermind how you could easily stab or punch a kid to death
>>
File: 1469022705360.png (140KB, 354x378px) Image search: [Google]
1469022705360.png
140KB, 354x378px
>>30955372
>thinking logic matters for liberal anti-gunners
>>
>>30955246
Ok, it is not up to you how to protect offspring that are not your own.
That is literally another person's responsibility, not yours.
The other thing I'll tell them (your nephews and nieces) that "You remember all those times that I was known as the cool uncle? Yeah, I had a gun then. And I was still cool. If guns were bad, we wouldn't have cops, secret agents, and soldiers use them at all."
That said, if you were NOT the cool uncle when your nephews and nieces grew up, then you literally have no defense.
If you were NOT the cool brother with your siblings, then you literally have no defense.
You can be several hundred orders of furious, but if you were that loner uncle that shat on everyone during holidays, you, again, literally have no defense and is probably the reason why your entire saw it fit to shit on you from day one.

My own mother hates the fact that I own machetes and knives and I can literally break peoples arms, but she won't let that fact get her angry on holidays and actually wants me to attend holiday dinners with the rest of the family. Because whenever we're together, I'm respectful with family members and do my best not to piss them off.

That said, let the entire thing cool off. Then ask them all later if this is something that they would literally ostracize their own blood for, when they know you're all responsible and shit (and you must be responsible and shit or this won't work).

If they say yes, then just say goodbye and never talk to them again.

That said, OP, do you have mental issues or a history of medication to treat mental issues?
>>
>>30955152
plot twist: He was in a circus already
plot twist: They were the little people, the giants around them were normal sized people.

t. M. Knight Famalam
>>
>>30955364
>>30955293
>>30955274
Being "right" after the fact means dick all. I carry because I know I am smaller and until I can move to a nicer place it is dangerous where I live. I do it for myself but also for them. If one of my kids got hurt in a situation I could have stopped all the toldyouso in the world means nothing. Frankly I am pissed off that no one else has taken any action to prevent some kind of attack from happening. No one has a firearm, a knife, or any kind of basic hand to hand at all. Completely at the mercy at anyone who is ready to threaten or attack.
>>
>>30955395
>t. M. Knight Famalam
I met that fuck nigga in Mumbai. Dudes taller than I expected.
>>
>>30955271
We have to be honest here: No one likes being told how they should protect/defend themselves and their families.
I sure wouldn't enjoy it if some noguns relative of mine told me that the best defense is a fucking baseball bat.
>>
File: hqdefault-2.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-2.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>30955145
Buy a DEsert FOOeagle and free yourself from the tyranny of your evil family.
>>
>>30955410
>Frankly I am pissed off that no one else has taken any action to prevent some kind of attack from happening
Because gun-free zones and attacks that are stopped are generally not reported, except for very local news and the NRA armed civilian magazine series.
>Completely at the mercy at anyone who is ready to threaten or attack.
At this point, you're sounding way too overdramatic.
Right now, somewhere in the world, very vulnerable people are suffering from indignities that First Worlders will never experience in their lifetimes. That's just the way it is.
Stop acting like some melodramatic hero trying to save the world.

A gun only gives you the power to responsibly protect at the exact place you suffer an attack. You can only protect that which is close to you, mostly you. You are not expected to be a superhero, and you are not a superhero. Stop thinking that you are one.
>>
>>30955412
Maybe he cured his chronic diarrhea and is now bloated from all the curryshit he is retaining?
>>
>>30955442
Wait, that doesn't explain being tall at all, just fat.
>>
>>30955442
I doubt it, you keep it at bay, never cure it.
>>
>>30955450
I'll take your word for it.
>>
File: 1450701614118.jpg (70KB, 284x384px) Image search: [Google]
1450701614118.jpg
70KB, 284x384px
>>30955145
I-I'm just in shock anon. How could you betray their trust for all those months? Carrying a deadly weapon in the presence of their children all those times you were together, oh my god I think I'm sick
>>
>>30955394
>That said, OP, do you have mental issues or a history of medication to treat mental issues?
No but there is some soap opera tier drama that happened years ago. Divorces and accusations of infidelity with departing husbands. Not a personal blog but half of them think I am a harlot and a liar. Still the kids love their auntie and I love them.

It is a few weeks before I am even in town again so we'll all have some time to cool off. Still it gnaws at me. I am not even the biological mother but I am in their lives and have done more then my fair share to bring them up and protect them. Having the tools to keep myself and family safe isn't enough. I have to convince people they need to be protected which no one things in a upper class family.
>>
File: mfw.png (826KB, 584x623px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
826KB, 584x623px
>>30955460
>>
>>30955145
just slowly redpill them and normalize them to the reasons why you carry. stress the classes and training you have. point out how police dont train or pratice as much as you do. point out instances of CCW saving lives
>>
OP.

Family get far too much fucking leeway in today's society for being total fuckups. I am going to assume you are an adult with some form of a life, not some NEET so you really don't owe your family jack fucking shit. Fuck em, buy more guns.

My shit-tier family have spent the last year fucking my life up over their own egos and lack of backbones so i've cut them off, like the cancerous tumors they are.

>inb4 am i rustled. Yes, yes i am rustled.
>>
>>30955470
>point out instances of CCW saving live
No such instance lol
>>
>>30955214
This.... Hello brother
>>
>>30955211
>Would you put up with non-family treating you this way?
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is American morals:
>blood ties don't matter
>you can disrespect your parents
>you must part from your family if you disagree
And this is how Americans end up being:
>solo loners feeding themselves with anti-depressants
>>
>>30955394
>le "cool people can get away with murder" meme.
It is true though. Cool people live life on easy mode.
>>
>>30955625
His family literally told him to fuck off for owning guns, something over 41 percent of the country owns. His family doesn't care about him at all. If you suddenly found out your family doesn't give a shit about you, then don't deal with it. It's a huge stresser to even try, like trying to save a shitty marriage.
>>
>>30955246

They don't want what you can give OP. The first time something actually happens, expect to get the blame for not being there. Had you been there, they'd be demonizing you for shooting someone.

You might have to re-evaluate your priorities of where these people lay in your life, blood or no.

>>30955467

I'd tell them that sometimes the guns like to escape at night, and since you were CCWing the gun knows their scent so it'll come to get them /s

Ideals are peaceful, history is violent. unless something happens to them directly, I wouldn't bother with trying to change their beliefs.
>>
If you try to change them, OP, you'll just come off as a desperate loon. Live life happy and don't give a fuck about your family.
Save money, buy guns, save more money for retirement, don't help them when they come asking for help once you're living in a nice size home with a huge pension.
Also, don't leave them anything with your inheritance.
Marry some nice gun-loving woman, have a family with her instead, and pass down your heritage to your family.
>>
File: image.gif (489KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
489KB, 480x360px
>>30955145
>go-carting
Interestingly enough this is what brought firearms to a family discussion for me for the first time

>mom's 9 brothers and sisters in town for little brother's graduation in May
>finishing out degree back home after three years away
>dad and mom are no gunz, Rubio republican types
>dad gets uppity about it, I volunteer to buy a safe and keep it in their closet
>mom's three brothers show up, "hey, anon, I've got my LTC pistol with me, your parents won't care right"
>they won't give a shit because they'll never know
>one is a USBP senior special agent
>part of festivities are going to F1 racing (basically high speed low drag go carts)
>I take my own truck because I have to work afterwords
>three uncles walk in, realize the carts might make them print, small congregation by my truck right after depositing guns under backseat
>meth head aunt that nobody invited walks out and sees us
>makes a scene
>threatens to call cops because "somebody could break in to truck then come shoot us all"
>Uncle literally tells her "I know you have at least five fucking warrants and you won't do shit"
>she shuts up
>everybody carts and USBP uncle wins every race by a landslide

We all went to The Salt Lick afterwards and shouting arguments ensued about Texas campus carry between all the women; meanwhile me, male cousins, and uncles ate BBQ and relaxed until the restaurant asked us to leave.

Trailer Park Boys is bullshit, you don't know banter and anger until you're from a white trash family split 50/50 between made a successful life and still on welfare.
>>
OP, that is not an appropriate opinion for your family to have. If they think you're dangerous, and expressed themselves in such a rude way to you, its entirely inappropriate.

That is not ok. I do not know your family dynamics, or you, but that is a breech of trust that can't be forgiven easily. Not gonna give you any advice though. Couldn't help with that.
>>
>>30955145

>Is it worth investing in some kind of vehicle safe to leave my weapon behind
>leave my weapon behind

Negative. You will never ever leave your firearm inside your car, just because part of your family is insane. Stand your ground and honor the losses of Mrs. Hupp.

Dr. Suzanna Hupp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEJFAvA-ZUE
>>
>>30955467
Marry me for a green card by and I'll protect them kids or w/e
>>
>>30955625
>>
>>30955145
I feel for you op. I carry but i dont carry 100% of the time. There are places I go where I don't carry. I don't carry anywhere I plan to have alcohol. I don't carry at friends homes who are not pro gun. My family is all pro gun, so when I visit family I unload and lock up my pistol. There are plenty of guns to use in the unlikely event a need arises at a family members house. If I go to a friends home and someone is uncomfortable around my gun. I just lock it in my car. Have fun and fo about my life. I dont have friends and family in high crime areas so the risk is minimal and not worth the time to argue. Besides now I can have a drink.
>>
>>30955145
Just continue to concealed carry, and remember the "concealed" part next time
>>
>>30955591
inb4 >le reddit

www.reddit.com/r/dgu
>>
>>30955145

I 100% feel you OP.

>big family
>mom,dad, 2bro's, 2 sis, 2 bro-in laws, 4 nieces, 1 nephew
>all moderate to extreme lefties
>gun debates on the reg
>sister has pool, I state that it's more likely to kill than my guns
>a few month later, neighbor drowns in pool when their not there (drinking and benzos chill)
>most liberal niece finds body next day

And that was the least time I said their pool was more dangerous than my guns

Post script
>liberal niece now claims ptsd
>literally is excused for all SJW bullshit and bad manners because of the "trauma"
>get yelled at about partiarchy one day by her
>don't argue, just say that this rage does her no good, reminder her that her rich dad is also a white man
>sister calls the next day, reminds me that she might have PTSD
>admits that she was called a spoiled rich house wife by her daughter
>bought a Vicker Glock 17 later that day on impulse
>>
>>30955583

good for you, seriously.

Parents and Family are always seen as this great thing, and they love you and always have your back. Sure, it can be true, but often, family are the worst people in your life.

Cutting family off if they are shit heels is the best thing a person can do.

>take abuse
>get shit on
>keep taking it
>decide that you are done
>now you are the villain who is a bad son
>1 Thanksgiving with friends who don't dump on you, and you see why people like this holiday.
>>
>>30955145

Did nobody tell you to learn to hug low?
>>
>live in yuorpoor land
>mom was into sports and almost olympic champion level
>wanted to join the army
>don't mind about my guns and actually like shooting them
>father sadly died before i could get my guns but didn't pay any mind to my likings as long i wasn't some jackass junkie
>grandma was born in 1941, knew the nazi occupation and shit
>always wanted to go shoot guns with her father for hunting but never get too because "womens are not made to kill things"
>can't shoot any guns because 75yo almost blind

yet in my country i'm supposed to be some sort of machine of death, except that with recent events everyone want guns to protect themselves from rapefugees
>>
>>30955625

Americans aren't raised to value submission like Europeans.

You push, we push back

Now, clearly we are having issues, as pussies like Obama now endorse beta rolling and making nice, but the soul of America is still

Don't tread on me.

And you wonder why the EU is falling
>>
>>30955145
>"We're afraid you'll kill us"
I'd just reply that I'm hurt and offended that you think I would hurt any of you because my family is my life. Then I cut ties.
>>
>>30957409

Many people with functional, loving families have trouble comprehending just how horrible and cruel a disfunctional family can be. So they assume that it's just little quarrels over dumb things that just settles itself and everyone's happy.

It's just as shoking for them to learn that people have valid reasons to hate their families, despite the warm and fuzzy implications the word "family" was supposed to have.
>>
>>30955625
One word:

Individualism.
>>
>>30955679
Are you me anon?
>>
>>30955293
Not your job to tell people what their job is any more than it is mine, buddy.
I think you're right, though.
>>
>>30955145
>family chooses to cast you out over owning an inanimate object instead of just dealing with the fact that someone likes what they don't

Lmao, I would never speak to those shitbags again unless they begged for my forgiveness for acting like that over something so trivial. I don't give a fuck whether it's a gun or a dildo.
>>
File: image.jpg (27KB, 476x356px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 476x356px
>>30955625
>family makes it clear that blood ties don't matter because of an object
>parents clearly lack any respect for someone else's choices
>family chooses to part with him over said object

You played yourself, retard. And no, it's not because your a Eurocuck. It's because you're fucking dumbass who lacks basic information processing skills, let alone any critical thinking abilities.
>>
>>30955625

Yeah, but I'm carrying a 9x19 right now. What are you carrying. Besides, being a depressed loner has a lot of perks.

You know how long it's been since anyone outside of my household asked me for a favor?
>>
>>30955286
good to know, anon

OP, your family is absolutely unreasonable and you would do well to think of creative ways to turn them around, but sometimes stupid is as stupid does and some people NEVER FUCKING LEARN and will cling to their fear and indoctrinate their kids with that fear. My sister taught me to be terrified of spiders and it took me well into my adult years to stop being scared of them.

On that note, here's another one about people being impossible to deal with:

Though you grind a fool in a mortar,
grinding them like grain with a pestle,
you will not remove their folly from them
>>
File: frontier chicks.jpg (94KB, 480x550px) Image search: [Google]
frontier chicks.jpg
94KB, 480x550px
>>30955293
>Not your job to protect them
But it is. The nurturing protective instinct is there, whether OP wants it to be or not. They'd be okay with it if he was queer or a goddam trannie and went camping with the kids, but not if he is armed with the wrong kind of implement for their defense.

OP, I have no advice. I've run into the same corrosive ideology from people I've known since high school, but I've never been accused of being a menace. About all I have to offer is empathy. I urge you to stay the course. Stay armed and stay in touch with your family.
>>
>>30955286
I always wondered what the fuck that saying even meant. Was it trying to convey that if you stick with family you'll float by in life, while if you try to get away from them you sink? I guess orphans are fucked, if that's the case.
>>
>>30957906

Fuck outta my thread, Phil
>>
File: 1403962610499.jpg (87KB, 791x440px) Image search: [Google]
1403962610499.jpg
87KB, 791x440px
>>30955145
>I want to defend the people who want to take away my right to defend them.
Fucking cuck.

I don't want to be welcomed into an anti gunners house fuck those pieces of garbage.
>>
File: 1439761550471.png (672KB, 584x553px) Image search: [Google]
1439761550471.png
672KB, 584x553px
>>30955347
You're either way to young to be on here, or super old and autistic as fuck.
>>
It is important to forgive your family for as many transgressions as you are able. Even if they seem united as one against you, this is likely not the case.

However, if it reaches a point where you cannot forgive them any more, it is important to remember that you get only one life, and that you can make a new family.
>>
>>30955246
I can understand loving the little ones, and not wanting to leave your family. I've not been in your situation, but that being said, I think the best option is to very slowly and patiently educate them. Knowledge drives out ignorance and fear. The older ones may not accept it unless something shocking happens, but the young ones, there is still hope for them. Best of luck to you friend, hope it works out. Carry on bro.
>>
Unconditional love is plainly just retarded. We live in a society where you're expected to put your abusive drugee mother first and pay for her living because she can't do it herself, support your younger brothers because they never made anything of themselves, and you have to raise your little sister because your mother never did it for her and you do all that to "be the bigger person" (I do love my little sister but everyone else I mentioned can suck a dick) Just let them know it's who you are as a person and if they don't want a relative over because he has a conceal carry then to be honest fuck em.
>>
>>30955246
>They told me I was going to end up shooting one of them
>That I was going to be the cause of their death
D you realize that their parents told them to say this shit? This is literally emotional blackmail, your family makes me mad.
>>
>sell all of your guns and get really heavily into zen buddhism
>they trust you around the kids now that you're wearing a toga and a shaved head
>wait until they least expect it and rabbit punch all of the kids in the back of the head as hard as you can, right in front of them
>no weapons were involved, so it wasn't dangerous or anything
>?????????
>profit
>>
File: image.jpg (100KB, 539x537px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
100KB, 539x537px
>>30955214
Amen, OP, we are your autistic family now
>>
>>30958266
Unconditional love should work both ways.

If you should have to put up with their bullshit because they're family, they should have to put up with your bullshit.
>>
>>30958174

His family literally told him to fuck off because he had the audacity to be carrying concealed. By the way he made it seem like, it was less a friendly conversation than it was then ganging up on him and telling him to get out in the usual irrational manner liberals do.

Nah, you may only get one family but if they're toxic you must part with them. These are the same kinds of people that will break in your house, take your guns, and destroy them/turn them into police and act superior for it
>>
>>30955341
Dont be an off topic faggot, illegal is illegal.
>>
>>30958605
>ifunny watermark

fuck off summerfag
>>
>democrat grandma finds out im getting a gun
>asks why
>Tell her security
>Clearly dissaproves but doesn't push the issue

Same thing when i came out supporting trump

Parents are huge FUNers though

They just bought my 9 year old brother a hunting rifle
>>
>>30955145
ok
>>
Embrace us. The hive mind. We are you, you are us.
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 469x579px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 469x579px
Embrace us. The hive mind. We are you, you are us. We will embrace you, our brother in times of liberal stupidity.
>>
>>30955246
What if you dropped the gun during the family potato sack race and one of the kids shot himself?
>>
>>30955145
Op this thread is brimming with overly extreme responses.
Just dont do things with them where you might need a gun, and be blunt about the reason. Anywhere you consider safe just leave the gun locked in the car.

If they have already decided to ostracize you then just leave them to it. Escalation only makes it worse for everyone.
>>
this story seems made up
>>
>>30958266
having unconditional love for someone doesnt necessitate that you provide EVERYTHING for slackers who dont value you or themselves.

for example, if caring for these people makes properly caring for yourself impossible, then leaving them to their own devices can be
an option

leaving them due to their carelessness in order to attend to your own self-worth might lead them to change their ways

long story short:
leaving abusive people behind can be a wake-up call

sometimes leaving people behind IS an act of love

and im totally not hatin on ya dude
just giving my two cents ya know
>>
>>30963522
>where you might need a gun
>Anywhere you consider safe
Where is this magical place where I'm safe and don't need a gun? That shit stays on me as much as possible. The only place my gun doesn't go is government buildings and hospitals, and even there, I'm not happy about it.
>>
>>30955394
>If guns were bad, we wouldn't have cops, secret agents, and soldiers use them at all.
if they're liberal cucks like you've described they probably think of cops and military as wacis baby killers
>>
>my family doesn't trust me
>they exile me like I'm a fundemental Mormon
>how can I appease them?
You may not be able to, and that's ok. I see very little of my family because they are all shitty floridians. I'm probably better off for it.
>>
>>30955145
you family sound like liberal, statist, cuck faggots. I hope a bunch of their children get raped infront of them, so they can see that if they had had a firearm, they could do something about it.
>>
>>30955145
qt
>>
>>30955145
I would tell you to kill your family because theyre worthless scum, but that would just prove their point, unless you bludgeoned them all to death with on of those giant Q-tips from american gladiators.
>>
>>30958170
So, you don't know the story or have screencaps, and you're trying to save face by calling someone else a newfag or autistic because you're a newfag or autistic yourself, right? Sounds like something an autistic newfag like yourself would do.
>>
>>30955145
you can pick your friends but you cant pick your family

on a couple different levels

just sayin
>>
File: 8fe.png (80KB, 651x481px) Image search: [Google]
8fe.png
80KB, 651x481px
>>30955145
Be patient and git good with pro freedom rhetoric.
I like to equate gun rights to reproductive rights.
> Muh bodily autonomy, freedom of choice, the only ones trying to prevent this right are the ones that understand it the least
And lots of emotional stories of good women and children preventing horrors with guns.
And always be more respectful than they are.
Tldr; Pathos, Logos, patience

Sorry about your situation.
>>
>>30955145
It sucks, but sometimes you have to choose family members that are worth the trouble and those that aren't. This isn't just about guns, but about their attitude towards you, because it is very clearly condescending, and they have no qualms about excluding you based on political beliefs. If they threw a shitfit, but didn't try to belittle you as a responsible adult and disallow you from seeing them, it would be different.

I come from a large family of diverse political beliefs. Some are hard moral and polical conservatives, some are stereotypical Calitards (literally drives a Prius and is vegan) and everything inbetween. The ones I see on a regular basis may disagree with many of my beliefs and lifestyle choices (Southern Baptist side doesn't like that I drink and live with my fiancee prior to marriage, liberals dislike my funs and politics) but if they treat me like family still, they're worth it. I have some family members who won't go to my wedding because we plan to have booze at the reception. If they're that bent out of shape over the fact that I am having alcohol at a wedding reception (not unlike Jesus' first miracle, hmm) then they aren't worth the trouble. I'm not going to not have booze, or try to be sneaky about it. I'm going to have a reception for the part of the family that can get over our differences and remember that we are family.

There's my schpiel. You do what you think is best for you and your own.
>>
File: 1468862306986.jpg (12KB, 480x358px) Image search: [Google]
1468862306986.jpg
12KB, 480x358px
>>30955625
Family means literally nothing if you are a grown adult living on your own and living your own life, especially if you come from a shitty felon ridden single mom producing 35 year olds still living at home and leeching off the one rich relative at every opportunity kind of family

>mfw my sister in law and her baby daddy just asked my mother and father in law for $80,000 to buy a house because they have like a 300 and 200 FICO score with no intention to pay it back.

I love my wife but Mexicans are endless levels of trash. And even family earns respect, no one automatically gets it.
>>
>>30965456
Fuck off back to le reddits, child.
>>
>>30965500
You are aware that /b/ used to wholeheartedly embrace that shit, right? And his post is pretty decent, imo.

And, just to trigger you: I would upvote it xD
>>
>>30955145
find a new family that is actually American
>>
>>30955145
Fuck them out of your life. I have family I literally refuse to speak to because of shut like that.
>>
>>30955625
I'm the guy you replied to. Family is very important to society, but blind loyalty to a family with shit values is beyond useless, it's detrimental.
tl;dr: kys
>>
>>30955145
Jump ship.
Find buddy who's family isn't libtards
Get extremely close to him, shooting every weekend, etc, until he invites you in to his family gatherings.
New family, they're proguns, and your batshit siblings won't have to worry about "it's for the kids!!!!1!"
win-win
>>
>>30955145
>Have right leaning family.
>Mom and dad are progun, both have CCW
>Granny is right wing death squad levels of redpill. Like if /pol/ was old. Has a CCW.
>Uncle is former US Army. Has CCW.
>His wife is rather neutral.
>Sister is a lib, but her opinions tend to get discarded quick.
>Both sides of family racked with death. Had a pair of maternal uncles I never got to meet because both were murdered before I was born.
>Never got to met an aunt due to her dying in childbirth. Baby died as well.
>Grandpa killed by cancer.
>Dad is the only one left on his side. Mugging gone bad killed both his parents. He was an only child.
>Become close-knit. No disagreement can shake bonds.

You can hang out with us, OP. Not many of us, but you'll fit in.
>>
>>30966268
This desu senpai.

Gas leftists. Ideology war now.
>>
>>30955229
Yeah, we have dragon dildos.
>>
>>30965596
good thing this isn't /b/ kill yourself
>>
File: 1470430865947.jpg (61KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1470430865947.jpg
61KB, 1000x800px
>>30955145
>18
>tell mom I'm planning on getting a gun
>"cool"

God, I love my family
>>
>>30963836
Nowhere is safe, but cmon man. Some places have such nominal risk it's not even worth considering.
>>
>>30968468
>>30963836
OP is talking about cookouts and family outing. I could see needing a gun in Chuck E Cheese or Six Flags but a cookout in Grandma's backyard is probably pretty low risk.
>>
>>30957385
>>bought a Vicker Glock 17 later that day on impulse
you bought it or your sister?
>>
>>30955286
Cool.
Here's another but unrelated: The phrase "Eat shit, and die." Was originally a comment on all humans are capable of, as in we are really piss poor beings. The original phrase was something like " humans can only eat, shit, and die."
>>
OP Abandon your family.

We are your family now.
>>
>>30957441
It's how it works.

>guns are evil
>"well my house has been broken into a lot and i want to defend my family and property, has yours ever been broken into?"
>...
>...
>criminals have a right to life
>>
>>30965596
>this containment board didn't mind it

Friendly reminder that /b/ are for edgy teens who probably saw an epic funny pic on funnyjunk or reddit, and browse it unrionically thinking they are a part of some high tier internet gangster club.
>>
>>30955625
Fuck off don't spook me
>>
>>30955467
>"No" (dont have any mental issues)
>a woman.

Stop fucking with my brain dumb bitch.
>>
>>30963431
>being such a irresponsible /k/ommando that your gun can just be dropped accidentally
>>
>>30965310
No, it was just the way he asked.
>>
>>30967288
>Dad is the only one left on his side. Mugging gone bad killed his parents. He was an only child.
Someone tell me what the fuck Damian Wayne is doing on /k/
>>
>>30955145
fuck em, liberals are naive idealistic people who live in bubbles.

and they won't change until that bubble is popped.
>>
>>30955145
>27 fruity flavours of furious
My sides
>>
File: 1469645578458.jpg (52KB, 407x378px) Image search: [Google]
1469645578458.jpg
52KB, 407x378px
>>30955145
>scared of you for the minute possibility you're a violent psychopath
>meanwhile gang up on and strong arm you into leaving and never going back
liberals
>>
>>30955145
But OP, we are your family.

Fuck them, if they can't handle someone who is trying to protect them then they don't need you around.

I keep my shotguns in the back of my pickup toolbox padlocked up for when I need to scare some cows out of the road.
>>
File: 1449618980232.jpg (62KB, 736x498px) Image search: [Google]
1449618980232.jpg
62KB, 736x498px
>>30955145
>I would end up killing one of them with my gun

Maybe you should...
JK Anon, no one, including myself, would ever advocate illegal acts of violence.
>>
File: 1468952189166.jpg (227KB, 798x746px) Image search: [Google]
1468952189166.jpg
227KB, 798x746px
for a feel good story, have the exact opposite of OP
>innafamily gathering at Dave and Busters
>note: the family is typically pretty center politically, but firearms interest is rising (Grandpa took a range trip himself, as did my dad.)
>except the women of course, but the men don't really give a shit
>I always wrap my arms under others' so they don't feel my piece
>dad does one of those side embraces while we're walking
>feels it
>he's the only one who knows I CCW to fambams, let alone anywhere
>instead of freaking out, asks me if I've gone shooting lately
>we talk about guns for the next couple of minutes
>he shows me an AR build he wants to attempt with me
>invite him to shoot whenever he's available
>mfw
I still need to shoot with him
>>
File: image.png (185KB, 500x666px)
image.png
185KB, 500x666px
>>30955625
Very true
>>
>>30955145
>27 separate fruity flavors of fruity
hard kek
If your family is going to be that ridiculous over something that insignificant just leave them alone. If someone uses an incident that unimportant to cause a schism in your family, they don't value their own family.
>>
>>30955286

there are two authors who agree with you:
>Authors Albert Jack[4] and R. Richard Pustelniak[5] claim the original meaning of the expression was that the ties between people who've made a blood covenant were stronger than ties formed by "the water of the womb".

But they're the only ones, and the phrase has been appearing in its current form since 1180, in German literature.
>>
File: 1444538671106.jpg (71KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
1444538671106.jpg
71KB, 400x533px
>>30955625
KEK
U
C
K

Get out Europoor, shouldn't you be welcoming Muhammad into your life?
>>
>>30971192
My story.
>Saw a thief running. He stole some spare stuff on back of our home.
>Talked to dad.
>He let me have his 9mm version of Tokarev while he is out. On term that I won't shoot anyone in family or our dog or myself.
>Life's good.
>>
File: 1458496596187.jpg (30KB, 315x330px) Image search: [Google]
1458496596187.jpg
30KB, 315x330px
>He was raised by no funz.
Got my first gun when I was 10.
>>
OP, Do what you have to. Just try to smooth things over at a later date.

> Be Me
> 2011, living the NEET life inna chicago
> Decide to become a paramedic. Have to be EMT first, so I enter class at local college.
> Pass, Pay 70 dollarydoos for National certification.
> Get hired on inna private ambu. transporting oldfags and sickfags, making an ok amount.
> Living at home, saving for a house (cause fuck rent) driving a old surburban.
> My company has openings near Dallas and Ft Worth. Literally the holy grail since I can't really own funs in this shit city.
> Had a 9mm Taurus revolver (Inb4 Meanwhile...) since some of the areas in this city, including my parents home were utter shit. Heroine and crack did a number on the west side.
On my off day, I stopped a robbery. Some crackhead saw my desktop and decided to trade it for rocks. Little did he know that I was jerking to /d/ in the shower (had a tablet). two shots and three laughing CPD officers later, everything was smoothed out. Technically illegal at the time, cop bros wrote it off as a knife instead of a gun used to intimidate the perp. After cleaning up the glass and calling my pops to stop and get a sheet of plywood on the way home. I just waited at the house. Bad Move.
> OMG Anon, why do you have a gun?
Because where we live (Augusta and Pulaski) is utter shit. Plus I value our saftey over the law.
> But guns kill anon, what would have happened if (dindu) had a gun
I would have shot him, probably get a slap on the wrist or whatever. He was on our property
> People have a right to live, anon. You don't know what he has been through
It looks like hes seen the inside of one too many dumpsters, smelled like the sandniggers by Devon and Western, and had no qualms about stealing shit that wasnt his.
> I Cant believe this, we raised you different than this.
So, you wanted me to huddle in a corner, cock in hand, and furoiusly jerk myself to him stealing all our shit?
Took the Job in Ft Worth literally the next week.
>>
>>30958584
underrated post
>>
>>30968020
same
>hey mom I'm going to get a pistol to carry before I transfer schools
>"Why, anon?"
>Because it's going to be full of niggers
>okay
>>
>>30955218
This
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 480x362px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 480x362px
>>30955145
>>
>>30955372
Are you implying that OP should stab or beat one of his nieces or nephews to death to show how easy it is? Because that's exactly the kind of solid life advice I expect from /k/.
>>
>>30955246
Go full gun nut on them. Get on fagbook at write a well formatted, well phrased, fact filled rant post it with a picture of whatever proof you have of your safety classes. Tag each and everyone of them. Then call them out on being shitbags for putting their politics before their family and the little one's relationships with said family.
>>
>>30970747
>hurrdurr women are all totally crazy.
I don't care if this is bait. You can eat a dick.
>>
>be 18
>want to build an AR-15 'cause why not?
>convince dad to buy me a lower on the condition that I build one for him too
>heck yeah time for that father son bonding we never did when I was a kid
>finish building ARs
>dad goes shooting with me a couple of times then stops
>was never that into it. Never even properly zeroed his sights
Feels bad man. He also doesn't understand why anyone would carry a gun for self defense.
My mom is right wing as fuck though so there's that.
>>
File: 1464203097665.jpg (23KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1464203097665.jpg
23KB, 480x480px
>>30955625
Go bait somewhere else you eurocuck.
>>
>>30971864
You should have attacked him with your cock and /d/.
>>
>>30955145
Stand your ground and tell them to fuck off.

And when I say stand your ground, I do not mean that you should enter any of their homes while armed, start a screaming match, and then refuse to leave. Because that is trespassing.

What I mean is that you should refuse to interact with any of them and should decline an invite to each and every family gathering that they host. Now, if someone else who is neutral on the matter hosts, feel free to show up armed. If you host, then feel free to be armed. Either they will get used to it or they will not.

I had a similar problem with my family. I cut them out of my life, and I only attended family functions that were hosted by non-psychotic liberal family members. Eventually they backed the fuck off because my little cousins missed seeing me at functions, and my psycho aunt had to back the fuck off.

Prior to that I decided to prohibit her and one of my other aunts, and a couple other family members from my home and any of the functions that I hosted. Since my house is the most convenient for shit like Thanksgiving, it effectively meant that my big swinging dick came out on top. But it took a few years. The grinch family members tried hosting a different Thanksgiving/Christmas celebration, but that fell flat on its face every time until they eventually gave in, apologized, and accepted the fact that I am going to carry, I am not going to apologize for it, and if they don't like it they can suck my cock.
>>
>>30955341
>implying that immigrants to a new country should not learn the language of their new country
>>
>>30955209
this right here
>>
>>30972800
>they can suck my cock.
but anon that's incest
>>
>>30971045
>Damian Wayne
wat
>>
>>30973995
I'm going to assume it's Batman's son
>>
>>30971864
>literally living in humboldt park
top wew

also, i don't know what it is about shitcongo that attracts the biggest limp dick faggots. one day i had the misfortune of having these two older white guys at least in their 40s sit next to me. one of them was a wop and all he did was spew huffington post tier leftist shit for the 40 minutes straight. he went over all their current topics: trump, obamacare, rapefugees, gun laws. pretty sure the other guy was a leftist too, but towards the end even he wasn't buying the shit this wop was spewing and just sat there and nodded without saying much.

i just don't get how someone can be that old and hold the same opinions as teenagers.
>>
>>30955246
You can be sure that the rest of your family is going to tell the little kids about how horrible/mentally unstable/republic you are. They will eventually hate you because of your family. Best thing to do is just to move on with your own life and avoid them.

t: family hates me because I support the 2A and have threatened to kidnap my child because 'guns r evil'.
Thread posts: 160
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.