[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My dad has this gun and I can't figure out what it is. It

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
My dad has this gun and I can't figure out what it is. It has no numbers on it and no names. It fires 30-06 and its bolt action. My guess is that it's some sort of Remington 700 but there are a few details that seem off about it. I highly suspect that someone made it. The gun in the pic is the gun I'm asking about and I will post more pics in a second. I'm hoping you guys can help me.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>
It's a heavily sporterized M1917 Enfield.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I have more pictures if you guys need them.
>>
>>30954414
Does it have any markings at all? As in any stamps, crests, or emblems.
>>
>>30954440
I don't think it does at all
>>
>>30954429
Beat me to it.
>>
>>30954429
Thanks I'm pretty sure that that's what it is after looking and some pictures of it
>>
>>30954414
Sporterized Lee Enfield.
>>
>>30954429
Close but not quite.
It's a Remington Model 30.
Based on the left over parts from the production of M1917s. The screw holes for the peep sight are one of the give aways.
>>
File: img_7367.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg (289KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
img_7367.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg
289KB, 900x675px
Congratulations, you've got one of the finest hunting rifles ever made by man. Comparable in quality and performance to pre-'64 Model 70s.

While it's certainly arguable that the development since pre war day have meant that bolt action hunting rifles are better designed that they were in the days of that rifle it's hard to argue that they have ever been better made than they were in roughly the first half of the 20th century.

I would be interest to know if Remington used modified receivers left over from the military contract or if they were new made in the 20s on the old tooling. I've never actually gotten to the bottom of that.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.