[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greetings, /k/. I come from California, and as you may know,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 14

File: 1438103120604.jpg (755KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1438103120604.jpg
755KB, 1600x1200px
Greetings, /k/. I come from California, and as you may know, Governor Jerry Brown signed the gunpocalypse, which makes all currently configured CA legal semiautomatic rifles illegal unless they're registered as assault weapons.

I'm not advocating anybody break the law, but what would happen if someone bought a semiautomatic rifle and just chose not to comply with the assault rifle registry? Will the cops just go door to door arresting people? Do they even know who owns what?
>>
Gun shop owners keep a registry of all gun sales.
>>
Gunshops won't say shit
>>
>>30954210
>Gun shop owners keep a registry of all gun sales.
Alright, but how exactly do police enforce the law against people who don't comply with it? Didn't they try the same thing in CT but fail because the police and citizens wouldn't comply with it?
>>
>>30954188
>I'm not advocating anybody break the law, but what would happen if someone bought a semiautomatic rifle and just chose not to comply with the assault rifle registry? Will the cops just go door to door arresting people? Do they even know who owns what?
In the next year or so probably nothing. Beyond that, it will have been your civic duty to comply, and you will be a FUCKING CRIMINAL who needs to BE STOPPED BY A GOOD GUY WITH A GUN because YOU ARE A BAD GUY WITH A GUN by VIOLATING THE LAW.
>>
>>30954237
>police encounter an unregistered firearm
>the owner gets owned

firearm registration has never been about catching the registered, it's been about catching the people who don't register thinking that it'll protect them then they go engage in literal terrorism and don't have enough foresight to rig a suicide vest
>>
File: 1438098083724.png (257KB, 400x487px) Image search: [Google]
1438098083724.png
257KB, 400x487px
>>30954262
> it will have been your civic duty to comply
To comply with the constitution by not complying with Califaghistan? Please don't advocate breaking the law in my thread, or I'm calling the cops :^)
>>
File: 1470440217131.png (704KB, 1267x655px) Image search: [Google]
1470440217131.png
704KB, 1267x655px
>>30954291
Who do you think will come for you first: municipal or state police looking to enforce state-level code, or federal agents looking to liberate you?

Fucking bootlicker. You will be destroyed by police soon, and you will do nothing about it. Literally every other notable country on earth has erupted in general pro-"The People" riots recently except for yours. The FBI and ATF will destroy your pupper and riddle your house with bullet holes and you'll still cow down to them, because "Only CRIMINALS do illegal things with guns!!"
>>
File: IMG_20160707_131910.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160707_131910.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
>>30954188
Are you serious?

Fellow California faggot here. Featureless configuration is still legal. Get a grip wrap or a thordsen grip and carry on as usual. AR type rifles can even go for the new maglock designs.

God does anybody actually pay attention to the laws that actually go through and what they actually say?

Pic related, featureless grip wraps on two of my AK.
>>
>>30954674
How do those grips work? Better than a classic rifle stock?
>>
>>30954338
>Only CRIMINALS do illegal things with guns!!"

We're inching closer to crossing that line. We're very reluctant to actually do it, because you can't un-pull the trigger.

You post like a Yuropoor, or maybe an Aussie. I get the impression that you think we'd do something like a soccer riot for a weekend, then it's back to work on Monday.

The reality is, we're a little different than what you think we are. We still have a genetic memory of the deadliest war in our history, and we have no desire to embark on another Civil War. It will be orders of magnitude bloodier than you can imagine. Our courts still work, and our politicians stay bought so we're not quite far enough down the tube to start shooting at each other.
>>
>>30954674
so, you can just grip wrap it and keep the brake and then remove the bullet button? How is this not illegal?
>>
>>30954188
When you defend yourself with the gun, you'll be thrown in jail.
>>
Norcal here. I haven't made up my mind what I want to get, but I've been polling the 2A types at work to see how many are going to comply. So far, zero. Literally everyone is either not planning on complying, or replaced their bullet buttons with big people mag releases out of spite.
>>
>>30954674
until they decide to ban featureless also. Then what fellow calfag?
>>
File: P4201489.jpg (259KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
P4201489.jpg
259KB, 1024x768px
>>30954188
Chances are police will call you out if you use an unregistered, non-featureless, rifle in self defense, or if they see you at a range with one. That's likely the time people will be arrested for owning an unregistered weapon.

Honestly there's really no way to enforce this and at best I can imagine the state calling people asking why they have yet to register only to receive the same answer of 'my gun is featureless', even if it's not true.
>>
>>30954729
Spend a bit of time on calguns. It's been a thing for years. You can also take the grip off, or change out the grip for one angled differently. Go to fingrips.com, he sells them on there custom made to match your gear (he goes by "Munkeeboi" on calguns, you can PM him on there too for custom stuff)

>>30954753
If it comes to that, we deal with it then. In the meantime I will do what I can to enjoy my rifles safely and legally.
>>
>>30954859
So what if they wait until the window to register said rifles is closed? You missed your chance to make your gimped featureless rifle into a registered gun. Now what?

I am undecided as to what to do...
>>
>>30954188
>Be COP in CA
>Go to call for service
>See Magpul 40 rounder
>Know it's a Felony
>Look at guy
>He knows I saw
>We look at eachother
>I smile
>He smiles
>"Have a good day."
>"Thanks, you too."
>>
>>30954932
Sadly most cops I know do not share the same idea as you.
>>
>>30954188
Here's a hypothetical, lets say I built an AR out of an 80% lower but I still want to take it out in public.

Lets say it has a Magpul pistol grip, collapsable stock, flash hider and bayonet lug, as long as one has the bullet button and 10 rd mags, one should be able to go to the range with it right before the new ban takes effect in 2017 right?
>>
>>30954932
for the next few months it's not necessarily a crime if he rebuilt it from an old ass USGI mag that he happened to own pre2000. parts commonality and all. no one said everything had to fit properly so he could take the old one's spring or follower and use that as the springboard to the rest of the swap out
>>
>>30954975
you're correct
>>
>>30954932

Need more like you, brother.
>>
>>30955003
Thats good to know, if I ever end up doing this, I'll know that I'll be able to fire the rifle without a worry in current year :^)

Thank you Anoninski
>>
>>30954975
2018, I think. Don't forget the forgiveness year.
>>
>>30954997
It was clearly a brand new unused 40 rounder...he didn't rebuild it.
>>
>>30954674
you realize the people who cuck their rifles out like this are a minority right
>>
>>30954975
Bayonet lugs aren't a prohibited feature in California
>>
>>30954859
its not the same as a bullet button legally. grip wraps to convert ARs to featureless are still a risky legal proposition. there is no cal DOJ directive stating grip wraps are legal like the way DOJ acknowledged the bullet button requiring a tool and sending memos to LE agencies. not to mention all it takes is a strong thumb and you can bend the fin around and hold the rifle like a pistol grip regardless
>>
>>30955023
Yeah, but after getting hassled half a dozen time (in national forest and at the range) I keep my ducks in a row. I have sat in handcuffs for two hours in one situation, until the supervisor showed up and set the officer straight (at a campground up in the Stanislaus national forest) and I'd rather that not happen again.
>>
>>30954932
how did you know it was a felony faggot? they are legal to own still until July 1 2017. you are like a nigga, wanting credit for not doing shit YOU AINT SUPPOSED TO BE DOING IN THE FIRST PLACE.

yes i applaud you for not going full roid tyrant bluebadge and arresting some poor smuck for slipping up and letting you see 100% legal property
>>
>>30955022
that is the definition of rebuilt dumbass. when you 'rebuild' a 1980s usgi aluminum beat to shit magbody, after you replace it with the mag body, springs, and floorplate of a brand new magpul, it looks like a brand new magpul.
>>
>>30955022
theres no law on rebuilding to greater or lower capacity if its over 10 rounds. once a high cap always a high cap in california. a 13 round mag can be rebuilt to a 30 rounder. the important thing is you dont end up with more mags than you originally had. that is the law. i can destroy my legally owned high cap beretta 9mm 15rd mag and rebuild it with a 30 round magpul 5.56 magbody and parts
>>
>>30955062
>how did you know it was a felony faggot? they are legal to own still until July 1 2017. you are like a nigga, wanting credit for not doing shit YOU AINT SUPPOSED TO BE DOING IN THE FIRST PLACE.
>yes i applaud you for not going full roid tyrant bluebadge and arresting some poor smuck for slipping up and letting you see 100% legal property
40 round magpuls didn't exist prior to 2012. it is impossible to acquire them without committing a misdemeanor or felony (importing, manufacturing) and equally not possible to prove they weren't somehow rebuilt from a grandfathered mag if all parts were replaced.

on the surface it's enough cause to detain and investigate.
>>
>>30955062
>MAGPUL magazine
>legal in ca

You're a fucking mind-blowing retard. Read the law
>>
>>30955053
did shooting at a campground have something to do with it? lol. its tough to find public land to shoot on these days
>>
>>30955081
up until recently you could import a pmag rebuild kit and use an existing high cap you already had. it's a very gray area, but one that's near impossible to prove.
>>
>>30954237
CT fag here

They don't
The police didn't come around and confiscate, much to Dan the Mans chagrin.
Most of us were out boating in the days prior and lost them though.
>>
>>30955080
>>30955081

this is 100% wrong. do you understand what rebuilding and repairing is? do you think people repair their rusted out steel mags from the 70s by buying equally rusted out parts today? can you logic please? see this
>>30955076
>>30955070

i read the law. it appears you didnt understand it. read it again.
>>
>>30955080
>>30955080
>40 round magpuls didn't exist prior to 2012.
so? nothing to prevent someone in california from changing their 20rd mag body to a 40 round one. it was already high capacity >10 rounds to begin with. the law makes no distinctions for anything besides >10 or <10
>>
>>30955101
>do you understand what rebuilding and repairing is?
hasn't been legal in CA for a while now.
http://crpa.org/what-assembly-bill-48-means-to-you/
if you had one and rebuilt one prior, it is certain possible to have a 40 round magpul. it is unlikely though, and it is enough to provided reasonable suspicion that a crime may have occurred.
>>
>>30955117
>so? nothing to prevent someone in california from changing their 20rd mag body to a 40 round one. it was already high capacity >10 rounds to begin with. the law makes no distinctions for anything besides >10 or <10
holy shit, read what people are fucking telling you. yes it is possible, no it isn't likely. yes it is reasonable suspicion, and yes the DA will often allow an arrest and indictment on it as a misdemeanor, but it's near impossible to prove.
>>
>>30955081
I changed some of my old 20 round aluminum GI mags to 30 round PMAG bodies. Nothing illegal about that sir. This was prior to 2014 when mag kits were still unambiguously legal. Since 2014 now they are a grey area because "magazine kits" is a term used but not defined. We don't know what constitutes a "magazine kit" so to error on the side of caution it is best to treat them as illegal.
>>
>>30955081
>>30955098
>>30955101

>wanting to be a test case for an obviously retarded idea

I sure hope you guys have receipts for all your purchases from 17 years ago and documentation, then you might be okay.
>>
>>30955136
Doesn't matter come this July 2017 everything is illegal. Good luck achieving an ounce of compliance
>>
>>30955146
Good luck getting arrested. It's one thing to possess these things, another to recklessly wave them around and expect no consequences when the spirit of the law is being broken.
>>
File: 1470878392183.jpg (8KB, 236x177px) Image search: [Google]
1470878392183.jpg
8KB, 236x177px
>>30955136
Prior to the law in 2014 regarding rebuild kits there was zero ambiguity and this was completely legal. California law made no distinction between a 100 round AK drum or a 13 round Hi-Power mag. This has been covered on calguns ad nauseam with input from numerous legal sources. For people who want to change/repair/upgrade high capacity magazines, the important thing is you finish the the same exact amount you started with, otherwise you would be guilty of 'manufacturing' a high cap mag.

Since 2014, we don't know what parts constitute "conversion kit" so repairing mags currently is extremely grey area. We don't know if "conversion kit" means springs, body, floor plate, all together, all separate.

>If you possess a lawfully obtained “large-capacity magazine” and need to replace the magazine’s parts, no law prohibits you from doing so. In 2013, however, Assembly Bill (AB) 48 added section 32311 to the Penal Code. Effective January 1, 2014, this section makes it unlawful to knowingly manufacture, cause to be manufactured, import into the state, keep for sale, offer or expose for sale, give, lend, buy, or receive any “large-capacity magazine conversion kit.” A “conversion kit” is defined as “a device or combination of parts of a fully functioning large capacity magazine, including, but not limited to, the body, spring, follower, and floor plate or end plate, capable of converting an ammunition feeding device into a large capacity magazine.”[3]
>>
>>30955153
The penalty is an infraction, no arrest anon. Just a citation and confiscation
>>
File: 1470858435133.jpg (56KB, 960x568px) Image search: [Google]
1470858435133.jpg
56KB, 960x568px
>>30955153>>30955178

Scary to see how little cops know of the laws they enforce

Anyway, our only real hope is a Trump victory and new supreme court which will facilitate striking out these excessively obtrusive and asinine laws
>>
>>30955178
>>30955187

Good luck explaining that to a cop. If you think i'm ignorant, you should try explaining to a cop why you shouldn't be arrested.

I'm not a cop, I'm just someone who doesn't want to give out bad advice, like using hi-capacity magazine that was manufactured after the date of hi-cap mag bans and trying to say it was 'rebuilt' without any ability to prove it, especially when the owner of the rifle was, in all likelihood, not 18 when the banned passed.
>>
>>30955187
> only real hope is a Trump victory
Are 2A Califags TRUMPeters?
Are many planning to actually get out and vote?
TexasFag here, genuinely curious.
>>
File: IMG_20150625_112829.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150625_112829.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>30955082
We hiked a good ways off the trail out to a clearing, and he was "In the area" and apparently came by once he heard the gunfire, and supposedly was coming to check and make sure we were safely operating our firearms as a "courtesy" to our safety. We were about a quarter Mike out, this guy rolls up in a green jeep cherokee off a ways behind us, and starts asking if we have hearing protection, glasses, alcohol, etc. He asks to take a look at what we brought with us, so we let him. We had a couple pistols (My FEG PA63, cousin had his SIG 2022 9mm) and also I had my Hungarian AK which had a solar tactical magazine lock installed.

He flips out after seeing the AK. Apparently having a maglock isn't good enough, and the magazine should have been permanently attached to the receiver. I swear up and down that he is mistaken, blah blah, told him about the flow chart in the gun case and he cuffs all four of us, and calls out his supervisor. We all sit in the sun for two hours until his 400# boss shows up and takes one look at the rifle, and tells him to let us go. He apologized for the confusion (while the Asshole scowls at us) and said we were free to go about our day.

I'm not too keen to have this sort of thing happen with anything that would actually get me arrested, so yeah. I neuter them and keep shooting. The enemy wants them all gone, and I'm not giving them the satisfaction of giving up or becoming a criminal for them to gloat about.

Also, glue your grip wraps on a cheap grip, and use a non-standard screw head (like a torx security bit) so they can't claim it's too easy to remove.
>>
>>30955238
Why bother voting? With the winner take all, CA is eternally cucked to dems.
>>
>>30955238
Trump is going to get more of the 2nd Amendment crowd than any Republican candidate in a long time. I think the margins are going to surprise people.
>>
>>30955250
The statewide initiatives are going to get more people to vote than otherwise, even with the Democrats playing smart 4D chess. The legislature passed Gun Armageddon to suppress Republican turnout against Newsmen's bullshit. The press of course didn't report it this way because they universally suck at their job.
>>
File: 1470534724874.jpg (622KB, 2400x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1470534724874.jpg
622KB, 2400x1836px
>>30955231
>>30955231
so prior to 2014 you think people would just write up an irreplaceable/invaluable high cap mag as a loss when the feed lips or body got dented by a drop? no, prior to 2014 people bought the parts of magazines including newly manufactured polymer Magpul bodies and repaired them. this was 1000% legal, hence why the anti gun legislators saw it fit to SPECIFICALLY create a law outlawing this practice in 2014.
>without any ability to prove it,
did you fail 5th grade civics class? remember who has the burden of proof

>>30955231
>not 18 when the banned passed.
what is inherited/gifted property prior to Jan 1 2000 for $500 alex. mags do not and never had a 'minimum age' to own/buy/receive/possess. they are not regulated by age.

>>30955231
bottom line remember this is an unconstitutional law at odds with nearly every other state in the union save NY and MA. i just want old america back
>>
>>30955238
It doesn't matter, California is going democrat.
>>
>>30955240
>"courtesy" to our safety.
yeah typical cop taqiyya. just trying to keep you engaged as a buddy while they walk all over you trying to find something to write up

>>30955240
>. The enemy wants them all gone, and I'm not giving them the satisfaction of giving up or becoming a criminal for them to gloat about.
what are you going to do when they ban the neutered versions next?
>>
>>30955290
Don't be a lazy pussy and vote for Trump.
>>
>>30955290
Nigga-

California has belonged to the democrats for longer than most of us on this board have been alive
>>
>>30955307
this, it could come down to popular vote if the house of rep has to decide a winner
>>
>>30955231
you could have been given the original preban mags by a family member

some of us are old as fuck btw
>>
>>30955290
>>30955250
>>30955265
This needs to be repeated. Brown signed all those god awful bills precisely so Republicans and Independent didn't show up to vote against Newsome's Safety for All bill. That is why all this bills got pushed through, so dipshits like you two would stay home and not vote in other races.
>>
>>30955283

All the butthurt in the world won't save you from the long dicking of the law. in fact, its only going to make it feel worse when it does happen.

>Cop rolls up
>Cop cites you for illegal magazine
>You spew your tirade of MUH RIGHTS
>yfw cop calls backup because he thinks you're dangerous.

What are you going to do? Inform the police they are wrong? Take them to court? Like i said, please, be my guest, and make yourself into a test case. This kind of behavior is not advisable if you want to stay out of trouble, and you have little reason to be carrying a hi-capacity magazine to go shoot when you could use legal magazines that would cause you zero hassle. It's a battle you're taking for pride, that nets you nothing in the best case, and costs you a lot in the worst case. Just leave them at home like someone who doesn't want to stir shit, or be ready to prove that they are legal. Gray areas are called such for a reason.
>>
>>30954188
When I think California. I think numale cucks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtFX3JBYsIg
>>
File: pepe-the-frog-meme.png (48KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
pepe-the-frog-meme.png
48KB, 500x282px
/akg/ here

>tfw all my 30 round AK mags are Hungarian with all factory markings removed as per export policy
>all were made in the 80s, so no way to tell if they're pre or post ban

Magpul are cucks for date-marking their magazines. Someone should start churning out unmarked GI mag frames and start flooding the market with them.
>>
>>30955365
>implying the date of manufacture is going to matter when simple possession of mags greater than 10 rounds is banned
>>
>>30955356
>>30955356
>Inform the police they are wrong?
>Take them to court?
Yes, I am a JD

>>30955356
>and make yourself into a test case.
This is not a grey area nor a test case, since there have been hundreds of cases involving high capacity magazines since 2000 in CA. As of now they are 100% LEGAL to own and possess. Hence the upcoming enaction of SB 1446

>>30955356
>prove that they are legal.
NO. As stated before, you are under the misconception that owning them is illegal. They are not illegal to own or use. Yet.

And you would not believe the amount of cases that "high cap magazine" laws are never charged against definitely criminal shitfucks who deserve to be in jail, for the above stated reasons and the fact that it is just to difficult to prove. Unless you get the defendant to admit they illegally built/obtained them after the ban, you have nothing. This law is pretty much used as a stack on when some norteno gets picked up growing 300 pounds of weed in his rented suburb house using stolen electricity and the police find a stolen AR15 and mags in his closet.

>>30955356
>Gray areas are called such for a reason
It's not a 'gray' area. Hence the newly signed SB1446.
>>
>>30955381
Preban means nothing in California thanks to the new law signed. Grandfathered is no longer cool, so either block them to ten, sell them, or bury them somewhere.

>someone, hold me, its too much to bear
>>
>>30955431
I'm just going to move, California can fall into the ocean for all I care
>>
i'm not even going to bother burying them. stick them in a drawer maybe.

spoiler: I work for a police department but not a cop

fuck the police but they pay pretty well
>>
>>30954188
The day the cops go door-to-door, unless they shot or detained every gun owner, shut down social media and forums, word will spread.
Sure there will be people who will hide or bury their guns or put them out of state, but all it takes is one crazy bastard to booby trap his house or set ready to shoot. Then the cops will ratchet up their door-to-door in full gear and the media will be blaring about how police are doing god's work in storming into gun owner houses, which will make liberals clap with absolute joy but you bet your fucking ass the whole nation of 2A belivers will take their hate of police to the next level and use the evidence that CA police are going into gunowner houses in full gear as evidence that
>"they are literally coming for our guns"

Domino affect.
Anyone who thinks through this will know door-to-door confiscation is the fastest road to an uprising, but our californian politicians don't have that sort of brain capacity and I bet there's plenty of cops who will more than happy to comply because to them?
It's a very "us vs. them" mentality.
>>
>>30954188
CA fag here. I don't plan on complying. Ive spoken with several lawyers literally with the response of "why would you give them your serial number? They cant force you to give it plus they have no right to know it especially if you have no criminal record." I'm not complying because this literally crosses the line in the sand for me. Come and Take it ass holes. I have tremendous respect for Law Enforcement but the moment they come for my guns they can fuck off.
>>
>>30955512
Um...it already has happened.

https://youtu.be/PKkUG1F2JiI

https://youtu.be/kf8trl69kzo

Maybe you were unaware
>>
>>30955585
1000%

Take heed LEOs, you swore an oath to uphold the constitution of the country. It is the supreme law of the land. You SWORE
>>
File: gun control84.jpg (88KB, 960x694px) Image search: [Google]
gun control84.jpg
88KB, 960x694px
>>30955594
>>
>>30955585

'Lawyers'

You need to get a 2nd opinion from someone who isn't on a bus and on crack.
>>
File: 5.5x3.5_cati_AR15_b.png (9KB, 438x279px) Image search: [Google]
5.5x3.5_cati_AR15_b.png
9KB, 438x279px
>>30955602
Lol. These guys aren't taking the bus and none of them are on drugs I can assure you that. One of the attorneys I spoke with is a Deputy Attorney General for the state of California. Your a piece of shit just like them for wanting to comply with the law ignorant liberal scum.
>>
>>30955618

Lol you're such a fag. If you really think registering is the end of the world, then buy a fucking lower. They know you have them and will just arrest you 20 years later randomly when you slip up and no one will give a single fuck, best case. That, or you can move, or bury them somewhere.
>>
>>30955602
Most people aren't going to comply. Basically no one complied with LA's magazine ban. Many people did not comply with California's original assault weapon ban. There are whole counties in California where the laws are ignored completely. These laws are unconstitutional because the people found them unconstitutional.
>>
>>30954188
>Do they even know who owns what?
For people that bought guns since 2014, yes, they do. Every single one.
It's the reason why I'll be registering my ARs. I just have to. I bought them both in 2015 and 2016.

Unless we get a lawsuit that effectively shelves this law for years, or we get a DOJ approved feature change that makes the damn thing legal to own, I have no way of keeping it without getting in trouble with the law.
>>
>>30955618
Seriously, what kind of lawyer do you have?

Are you in a currently legal configuration with the bullet button and intending to keep it?
>>
>>30955628
there are already new bullet buttons that get around the new law anon. that said im registering because its most likely going to be a free pass at a non-bullet buttoned AR so why not
>>
File: trump-assault-rifle-680x365.jpg (45KB, 680x365px) Image search: [Google]
trump-assault-rifle-680x365.jpg
45KB, 680x365px
>>30955622
I'm a fag lol? Your advocating registration of your firearms because its the law your literally the biggest pussy keyboard warrior on 4chan shove that rainbow flag and that "im with her" hillary sticker up your ass and clean the sand out of your vagina. Eat a dick you shithead.
>>
>>30955635
Once its registered, where can we order normal mag releases? Do you think they'll start selling them again in California?
>>
>>30955628
>i just have to.

I comply with unconstitutional laws :D
>>
>>30955622
>They know you have them
Actually, that's wrong. No one knows that they have them unless the guns were bought in the last 3 years.
>>
>>30955642
is this a joke? i wasnt aware they were difficult to obtain. there is no law against owning regular mag release. if retarded online retailers refuse to sell you one just find another vendor. that said i have recently ordered parts from psa with no trouble whatsoever
>>
>>30955650
If they know you have them then why register them again? How the fuck is no one taking a stand against this.
>>
>>30955642
are there gunshops that for some reason dont sell them? my main 2 local shops have lower parts for sale along with any other AR accessory/parts
>>
>>30955642
Any place that sells lower kits should sell parts individually. It's never been illegal to have the normal magazine release.
>>
>>30955656
>If they know you have them then why register them again? How the fuck is no one taking a stand against this.
I had the same question too. It's apparently two different registries.
>>30955664
>>30955672
I have never seen a gun shop selling normal magazine releases in SoCal. But I probably will check them closer now, because you guys said so.
When the registry opens for the recent BB ARs, there might be a rush to get the regular releases.
>>
>>30955686
>>30955686
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/350789/ar-stoner-magazine-release-assembly-ar-15-lr-308-matte
there u go anon
>>
>>30955628

Just go featureless for now
>>
>>30954674
So from what I have been reading is that if I purchased a complete AR this year with a BB installed; I can not simply configure it to featureless to avoid re-registration. I know after 2014, the doj pretty much registers your long guns, and knows everything about it. Building a lower though on the other hand is a different story as you can start that off as a featureless from the get go (or thats what I believe what happens) But I am still not certain if this is the case. The way its written seems to be so though but idk need some clarification and some insight from /k/alifags

I posted this on /k/ last night on the featureless build, but I wanna know what you guys think

But some dude on calguns basically said this

"Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but strictly construing NEW PC 30900(b)(1) is bothersome:

"(b) (1) Any person who, from January 1, 2001, to December 31, 2016, inclusive, lawfully possessed an assault weapon that does not have a fixed magazine, as defined in Section 30515, including those weapons with an ammunition feeding device that can be readily removed from the firearm with the use of a tool, shall register the firearm before January 1, 2018, but not before the effective date of the regulations adopted pursuant to paragraph (5), with the department pursuant to those procedures that the department may establish by regulation pursuant to paragraph (5)."

'You can't unscramble an egg' by switching out to a 2017 Compliant fixed mag or by going featureless and expect to get around the registration requirement if your AR/AK with evil features had a BB while possessed by you. My interpretation, again, strictly construed- if you at any time from 1/1/2001-12/31/2016 possessed it with a BB you are required to register it if it is still in your possession.
>>
>>30954338
Our country exists because of a "pro The-People riot". Where did yours come from?
>>
>>30955062
Good lord. The way you write reminds me of all the great tax paying, law abiding citizens I deal with each day of work.

>"Hey! I dindu nuffin' wrong copper! You stupid pig!"
>"That ain't my crackpipe in the front pocket of the pants I'm wearing! I borrowed these pants and never checked the pockets!"
>"You don't know what you are doin' pig!"
>>
>>30956007
>an assault weapon
But won't going featureless stops it from being called an assault weapon?
>>
>>30954282
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
I am not a Californian but the fact that I live in a border state with it that is prone to vote democrat makes me fear that a ban like this is one day both possible and imminent.

I can say with certainty that I would not comply with an "assault weapons" ban on a state or federal level, nor would I convert my guns to be featureless.
>>
>>30955353
>This needs to be repeated. Brown signed all those god awful bills precisely so Republicans and Independent didn't show up to vote against Newsome's Safety for All bill. That is why all this bills got pushed through, so dipshits like you two would stay home and not vote in other races.

They are dirt.
>>
>>30955238
Commiefornia here. I'm registered and voting trump. Not voting is basically a vote for killary.
>>
>>30955443
If we let California fall completely it will spread like a disease across the states
>>
>>30955642
>oblivious as to being the HUGEST retarded faggot in the village
>think they'll start selling them again...?

Nah, why bother selling gun parts, it's only what they do. Anywho, got dozens you could have for a deal. "Mil-spec" and quantity pricing. Cash/pm's and ftf only.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
(that means you too brownie)
>>
>tfw SAFE act
>tfw nobody gave a shit
>tfw less than 10% compliance rate
>>
>>30954188

Odds are they wont try to track down guns but apply a big slap if they catch you with them while doing something else.

Example would be them finding our your gun is unregistered when you use it for a legal purpose like self defense.

In the end they will want to just scare most people into registration.
>>
>>30954854
>"thats sexy"- in whisper
>>
>>30954188
Why is this so hard?

>1. My gun broke so I threw it away.
>2. I sold it and lost the bill of sale.
>3. I lost it in a tragic accident with a boat involved.
>>
>live in California
>hate California gun owners
>this thread
Get off my /k/ you effeminate fascists.
>>
>>30954729
>How is this not illegal

Because it isn't? Learn2read dumb fuck.
>>
>ITT: Complying Retards
Call your Attorny General/Deputy Attorny General like >>30955618, learn your rights, and don't fucking comply? Ain't that too hard? The compliance rate would be either 10% or less and the police in the nonliberal counties wouldn't comply with said laws. Appluads to noncomplying anons, keep doing the /k/ube's work
>>
>>30959738
The vast majority of people never comply with these types of laws. They didn't comply in the past. Democrats probably plan to just wait people out. Who cares if you have an "assault weapon". Your kids won't and their kids won't. Democrats avoid conflict. They are doing as much as they can without provoking open rebellion and then playing the time game.
>>
>>30959237
this

disappointed in myself for a bit cos no longer making the attempt to enlighten others, free-staters and fellow /k/omrades alike. to think of all the energy that could have been applied elsewhere as the words never even registered. welp, seems getting ready for the inevitable is the perfect activity for that energy now.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
(that means you too frankenstein)
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.