[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok /k/ I have 15 years in the Army between Active, Guard and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: CAM00148.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
CAM00148.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
Ok /k/ I have 15 years in the Army between Active, Guard and Reserves. Ive done Commo, Infantry and PSYOP.
I am in good shape. I started the process to become an Airforce PJ (para-rescue). Talk me out of it or if you have done it, tips for success.

I cant go Active Army becauseof peace time. I want to do special operations, but not SF, because fuck training our future enemies. No active duty=no Ranger regiment. Delta is too cool to have open try outs. Are there any other Army options I missed?
Should I look at SEALs in the Navy?

...pretty much I want the most direct route to HALO school.
>>
>>30947798
What would you be doing exactly? sounds boring and gay...
>>
>>30947798
Oh drop out rate is ~93% mostly because of injuries. Go TACP or CCT instead
>>
>>30947798
My uncle was a PJ, only good in that can come from being a PJ is your a shoe in for jobs that emergency surgery technician at a hospital.
>>
>>30949526
You rescue downed pilots and act as a QRF Medic for SEALS/Delta/Ranger.
>>30949648
No no no, its only 80% largely due to them not having a selection phase. So there is no filter for guys who shouldnt be there to begin with. CCT is my second choice, I just kind kf like medical stuff, but not enougho want to be an actual doctor.
>>30949652
It does get you certified as an EMT-P which gets you a job making $90k a year while working three days a week.

Also the biggest thing for me is that I get to go to HALO as part of my training which I have been trying to get since I enlisted in the Army in 2000.
>>
>>30949729
I just got out of tech school with a multitude of pj drop outs. It's ~93. The afsc looks awesome though, I just couldn't stand going personnel or something after getting injured.
>>
>>30949729
>You rescue downed pilots and act as a QRF Medic for SEALS/Delta/Ranger
Wrong. You sit around on your ass doing nothing because US planes don't get shot down
>>
>>30949823
>80% or 93% failure rate
>Im not sure that 13% difference matters
Yeah dude, if I dont make it I will try CCT or Security Forces....
>>30949858
What about all the helicopters? Ospreys crash all the time. Even if they dont get to go kill a the bad guys they still go to HALOand im okay with that
>>
>>30950248
I wish you luck if you do try. Remember to stretch constantly. 3 of the people I talked to were shoulder injuries, 2 were ankle. I was contemplating trying in about 3 years once they change the training (talk of it now). Maybe I'll see you
>>
>>30951333
Hell yeah man! I hope I do see you. I will be the guy that talks about /k/. Trips of 3's gotta be a sign!
>>
>>30951333
Do you think it might be due to kids off the street going into it? I mean, Im going for it because I have built a strong foundation for it. All the passing scores for the PJ PT test, I know I can do because I have done them regularly. A guy off the street might be inshape but usually they dont know what its like tk do back to back events then train all day.
>>
>>30952815
If you're op you sound like you should have the skills, it's just so much cardio that even if you are extremely fit stuff just goes wrong some times. I remember specifically one crew chief was built, like could have competed, and he had a shoulder injury 1 month out. He was not happy at all.
>>
>>30947798
The guard has an SF group.
>>30950248
On my last deployment we had a fallen angel and it was our own Aerial Reaction Force made up of 13B's that secured the site and evac'd everyone...
>>
>>30947798
>Delta is too cool to have open try outs
CAG advertises their try outs, and they have two a year. Anyone active can attend.

Just saying.

Anyways, NGSF isn't a bad gig at all. If you don't want to do that, you could always talk to a NGSF recruiter about the SOT-A route. Aside from doing TACSIGINT for SF and other SOF, they can get independently tasked; technically they're under the control of the NSA, operationally though it's usually either USASOC or (rarely) JSOC. If you don't have an affinity for languages, you're probably not going to make the grade for it though.

Plenty of availability for coolguy schools though.
>>
>>30950248
>Ospreys crash all the time
I hope this meme goes away once the Marines actually learn how to fly them.
>>
>>30947798
You sound incredibly indeciseive and lack any sort of committment.

Doesn't matter what you try, you'll dor on the first day
>>
>>30955545
thanks Mr. Wizard
>>
>>30955281
Ricky

How's the regiment looking right now

Is it a good time to get an Opt 40 or should I wait(For what, I don't know)
>>
>>30955281
where do they advertise?
>>
http://thede.tripod.com/ol-h.html
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.