[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>West Point cadets will not face discipline after being accused

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 19

>West Point cadets will not face discipline after being accused of supporting 'Black Lives Matter' with raised fist photo
>However, the school said on Tuesday that they “did not pre-plan or set out to make a political statement” and would not face punishment.
>relatively advanced group photo
>not pre-plan
>Superintendent Lt. Gen. Robert Caslen Jr. said that the soldiers will get instruction because of “a lapse of awareness in how symbols and gestures can be misinterpreted and cause division.”
>relatively advanced group photo
>lapse of judgement
>West Point
>pretty much best of the best
>lapse of judgement
>Some who defended the photo said that the women were being treated differently than others at the school, which is largely male and largely white.
>we are black women
>therefore we are treated badly
Kek! Anyone know more about the disgrace called Class of 2016?
>>
>already despise WPers
>feel schadenfreude because they are getting the dong of privilege checking up their institution's ass
>>
>>30936886
so let me guess, you're a black woman who goes to west point, which is the only way you would be qualified to dismiss their experiences
>>
>>30936916
I'm quite amazed that IFF WP is truly the best of the best. (Because as we all know, jealously is unhappy admiration.) How the fuck did these self-righteous sheboons-by-coiche pass the screening?

I'd say that if they are really into that blakk powah only blakk lilfhs mattah, then they are racists. And then they aren't fit to defend the US at all.
Yeah, if there's an all-out war, everyone with at least a pulse will be fit for duty. There's your trench, please die with dignity.

But there is no all-out war against the US. They can afford the luxury to stomp out ideologues.

Fuck! Let's say it right out. Me, a european potbellied male at 40 is more worth than them and more fit to be a cadet than them. Class of 2021, anyone?
>>
>>30936960
Not at all, I'm a concerned citizen of the world, not som pig disgusting tribalist.
>>
>>30937029
>>30937015
I hope you guys realize how off-center you are with your assessments of these movements. If you say this shit anywhere but here people are going to think you're unintelligent racists
>>
File: Grief.png (56KB, 450x333px) Image search: [Google]
Grief.png
56KB, 450x333px
>>30936886
My Grandfather graduated from west point, class of 1941, he was a combat engineer in the second world war, and was in the second wave of D-day, Utah beachhead. He went on to join the CIA as a German and Russian translator, earned a shit-ton of medals in the whole process and retired early.

My family has been able to power our house by attaching a generator to him turning over in his grave.
>>
>>30937059
cuck
>>
>>30937059
CTR shill please go
>>
File: 1394185135560.png (25KB, 650x646px) Image search: [Google]
1394185135560.png
25KB, 650x646px
>>30937072
>My family has been able to power our house by attaching a generator to him turning over in his grave.

I used to do that with Enoch Powell's grave, but it stopped turning on June 23.
>>
>>30936886
>Female

I rest my case
>>
>>30937076
counter-cuck
>>
File: goeringwestpoint9me.jpg (46KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
goeringwestpoint9me.jpg
46KB, 640x480px
Herman dont want his stuff there any more.
>>
>>30937059
SameAnon, Anon.

I have one standard for everyone. I also discern between undefendable and understandable. If some indian woman in some shit village in the shittiest part of India is totally /killallmen/, then it's undefendable but understandable. And if she gets new information about men in the rest of the world and doesn't change her view on men, then its' not understandable anymore, unless you can find some explanation that she's totally resistent to new facts.

These cadets are just another gang leeching on the Army and Marine. Because it has "hardware". Fuck, I would like to see those self-rigtheous femtards be pitted against roof koreans. See how much /blackpowah/ they are then.

>>30937072
>Utah beachhead
Visited Normandie this April. Utah Beach was actually the only beach I set foot upon. I really liked that place. I imagined that there would be monumentual monuments and shit. But the monuments was pretty cool and low-key. And to the right there was houses and some kind of tree of peace.
>>
>>30936886

Every time I see this I always thank Christ I went to VMI. It's a different place and much different experience, but this shit would not have flown with the assistant commandant.

What is even worse is that they will bring their attitude with them as junior officers, which is just fucking shameful.
>>
>>30937196
Good on you, hope you stayed out of the cities, France's countryside and villages are the only reason to visit.

Did you see Sainte-mere-Eglise?
>>
>>30937296
As it's said before. The US wasn't made by the natives, but by the immigrants. Therefore, the POC* are just another native uppper class of entitled.

*) Princesses Of Color
>>
>>30937323
Not him, but I do live in Normandy.
Sainte-mère-l'Eglise is obnoxiously full of tourists in summer, but there's a nice museum there.
Actually, there are cool museums on WWII with nice collections pretty much all over Normandy.
>>
>>30937323
>Good on you, hope you stayed out of the cities, France's countryside and villages are the only reason to visit.
Stayed most of the part in Paris. Really enjoyed it. It was a 24 h trip to Normandie with overnight sleep in Rouen.

>Did you see Sainte-mere-Eglise?
Of course! Really liked the glass windows in the church. 9/10, would totally return.
>>
>>30937347
>princesses of color
kek'd

I just don't understand how first class cadets, now commissioned officers could think this was a good idea that wouldn't bring a negative stigma against them.

You would think the "best and brightest" would have a bit of forethought before sending a political message in their coatee in front of their barracks like a bunch of jackasses.
>>
>>30937116
>but it stopped turning on June 23.
God save the queen.
>>
>>30937397
The best, the brightest and the diversity quota
>>
File: 1465039897214.jpg (238KB, 926x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1465039897214.jpg
238KB, 926x1200px
>West Point
>"best of the best"
mfw
>>
File: i'veseensomeshit.jpg (23KB, 186x191px) Image search: [Google]
i'veseensomeshit.jpg
23KB, 186x191px
>>30937407
Thats right, the diversity quota because thats our real strength. Favoring people who may be less qualified than others to 4 years of free school.

Wonderful
>>
File: 7x6ja.jpg (3KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
7x6ja.jpg
3KB, 150x150px
>>30937431
She could be a rear admiral one day
>>
>>30937072
>My family has been able to power our house by attaching a generator to him turning over in his grave.

kek
>>
>>30937397
I think that they banked on the pic being discovered sooner or later and it woudl only strengthen their political market value.

All things different, the racist populist fascist swedish party Sverigedemorkaterna has, like the BLM-activists, constant unluck with their members. From time to time there's always some video of them singing racist songs or behaving like general asshats being uncovered. But they don't care. Because they know that in their in-group, they will be considered cool!

So speaking of them. Is there any probability that they will see combat? Probably not, unless there's a war between EU and Russia and the US just has to butt in, lest the shit hits the fan.

And what position would they get after the war? Totally a weaker position. Partly because EU passed the test and therefore has little respect for identity politics. We all europeans now. And partly because the americans was finally reminded about what war is.
>>
>>30937487
noice
>>
>>30937431
Well, Major Butts. There's quite few cadets at WP...
>>
File: 322.gif (3MB, 250x255px) Image search: [Google]
322.gif
3MB, 250x255px
>>30937487
>>
File: jesus_laughable.jpg (32KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
jesus_laughable.jpg
32KB, 400x225px
>>30937514
>We all europeans now.
You are in the extreme minority if you actually feel that way. More likely, you are just giving lip service to the Pan-European ideal, but you actually identify as a particular ethnicity/nation. Nationalism never went away. In fact, it is one of the dominant forces in the European situation. Poles are still Poles, English are still English, Greeks are still Greeks.

So, I say to you, get real and stop spewing propaganda as if it were reality
>>
>>30937296
>VMI
Maybe it's just me, but my peers who have graduated from VMI give me an unspoken vibe of superiority. At least WPer's don't pretend they don't think it.

Maybe it's partly due to the fact I have yet to see a VMI graduate caught dead without that giant frigging ring.
>>
>>30937731
What part of the condition "war between EU and Russia" did you miss?

You're also "missing" the fact that a person can be Athenian AND Greek AND European. Do you really think that americans ONLY AND ONLY see themselves as americans?

Gee, shit nigger! U dun goofed! An amercian can be Kansas Citian AND Missourian AND american.
>>
>>30937514
Mainly Iraq and Afghanistan (Especially Afghanistan since the Taliban has amde a resurgence and has 10/14 provinces)If they're up in special forces, then add Latin America, Syria and the Phillipines
>>
>>30938091
True. But wouldn't they send the Marines first? AFAIK, the army is only for longer and larger engagements. (The probability that they would end up in SF is laughable at best.)
>>
>>30937767
>unspoken vibe of superiority

It happens with some of the guys that graduate. It's a great school that has it's advantages and problems but they don't realize that there are quality folks that commission via other means. A lot of marine options I graduated with are like that. I know for a fact the army commissioned dudes are told to tone it down and refrain from saying anything about it because nobody will give a shit. It's a cult we struggled to join and damn it we are proud of our cult. But I went non-com (medically disqualified my senior year) so I wouldn't know how alum act on active duty. VMI grads know what each other went through so its easy to identify and interact with them because we can be socially retarded assholes, its easy to get along with other assholes.

>I have yet to see a VMI graduate caught dead without that giant frigging ring

We survived to junior year to get one, its a point of pride and a way to find other graduates. I'll bump into guys at the airport who notice it and that'll initiate a trip to the bar.
>>
>>30937514
>>30937773
>Partly because EU passed the test and therefore has little respect for identity politics.
PFFFHAHAHAHAHAHA what fucking planet do you live on? Because it sure as hell seems far away from Europe.
>We all europeans now.
t. Jamal
>>
File: momoneyfodaprograms.jpg (370KB, 632x1000px) Image search: [Google]
momoneyfodaprograms.jpg
370KB, 632x1000px
Wow, shocking. Female niggers not being punished. Amazing. Din du nuffins at it again.
>>
US armed forces cucked by niggers
Gotta go brush up on the Koran, Russian and Chinese because its a tossup to who will kick out ass first
But seriously what self-respecting white person would join the military if this is the kind of "person" they will find as an officer?
>>
>>30936886
This is stupid.

The girls are just carrying on a tradition. Class after class at west point have taken pictures just like this. Some hypersensitive millennial saw it and didn't know what it was and went apeshit.

I can't believe you faggots are still talking about it, and I certainly hope no one is actually bothering the girls.

http://www.armytimes.com/story/military/2016/05/06/west-point-leader-defends-female-cadets-fist-raising-photo/84036056/
>>
File: DonaldDuck290.jpg (13KB, 290x226px) Image search: [Google]
DonaldDuck290.jpg
13KB, 290x226px
>>30937773
>conflating regional identities with ethno-national identities
>just to defend your lie about Euro identity
Allow me to laugh at you even harder. The worst part is, you know inside your head that it's a lie. You are just refusing to break the conditioning, even as your own felt identity disagrees with the words from your mouth. You personally identify as being of one ethnic nation, but you can't speak it openly, even on the internet.
>>
>>30936886
>West Point

We all know what the superior US Military institution is
>>
>>30938193
Really, stormlord? First, the USAF would bomb the crap out of them. Second, the USN would sink them.

>>30938149
>>30938247
In a war between EU and Russia, EU must win or perish. Too simple for you?

And if EU wins, then we will regard us more as europeans.

>muh conditioning
>muh complex wordz
Yeah, because its' totally natural that americans see themselves as americans.

>>30938205
>The women were posing for an “Old Corps photo,” Fulton told Army Times, “a long-held tradition at the Academy.”

>“Different teams and groups get together on their own to mimic the high-collar, ultra-serious, photos of 19th century cadets,” she explained of the tradition.

So there should be a lot of these pics, no?
>>
>>30938504
>In a war between EU and Russia, EU must win or perish. Too simple for you?
>And if EU wins, then we will regard us more as europeans.

Jesus, how is it possible for someone to say something this utterly incorrect

No, no one here would start calling themselves a European because a Clancy-Fancy fantasy war was fulfilled and Russia invaded Europe
>>
>>30938527
What part of multi layer identity don't you get?

If you're only one thing, well bless your heart.
>>
>>30938527
>>30938539
P.S. Russian soliders only advance because there's something even scarier behind them. More russian soliders die because of the "grandfather system" than in actual combat. Take out their officers, allow them to desert ant their lines will unfold in no time.
>>
>>30938539
You mean flyovers calling themselves "some European country-American" because their great grandparents moved from there?
>>
>>30938504
>Really, stormlord? First, the USAF would bomb the crap out of them. Second, the USN would sink them.
Nah just like the Italian navy we would rescue them and transport them to America because their boats are too rickety and it would be a humanitarian disaster
Once inside they take over and commit terrorist acts
The US army which has by this time instituted quotas for black,gay,women,transexuals and of course black-gaywomen-transexual officers is unable to cope with this onslaught
Chaos ensues in which China invades to secure the peace on the West Coast while Russian invades the East Coast
>>
>>30938504
>Yeah, because its' totally natural that americans see themselves as americans.
The Anglo-American identity was formed over nearly 200 years prior to the USA existing as a state. Since then all white immigrants have been absorbed into the Anglo-American fold over time.
>>
>>30938601
>still not getting that I'm talking about europeans in Europe
>still not getting that if there's a war between EU and Russia, the US Army will probably participate too

>>30938606
>and then Trump made anime real
>>
>>30937072
xaxa
>>
>>30936886

Class of 2010 here. Yeah let me clear the air on the Academy a bit. I myself was a Prior Service so my perspective on the place is at odds with what someone straight from High School, or a civilian, views the academy. For one, someone wondered how they got into a premier academy. Understand Corps Squad (NCAA teams) account for the majority of recruited individuasl and Cadets (that is to say, the single biggest group, not 51% or < of the corps) as a result you see PLENTY of 'sub-standard' cadets present who got in on Athletic ability alone. I'd say, 20-25% of the corp are legit geniuses (refered to as Engineers by the corps, as opposed to Goats who are... not as swiift) but bear in the mind this refers to academic thinking, NOT mature thought or leadership ability. I'd say overall 1-50, maybe 1-60 cadets are the Steryotyped, "Good guy, good leader, gona have a great career as an officer" type. The vast majority are a bit egocentric and for a VARIETY of reasons end up fiving and diving (75% when I was there).
>>
>>30938634
>The Anglo-American identity was formed over nearly 200 years prior to the USA existing as a state.
>200 years prior to the USA existing as a state
1776 - 200 = 1576
Yeah, I don't really have to go back that far. One impediment for american independence was that people considered themselves *british*.
>>
>>30938697

I mean, to be fair, so did Ghandi.
>>
>>30937514
>We all europeans now.
Yeah, nah. I'm not gonna fight for some Germans, Swedes, Slovaks and God knows what. And I'm certainly not in the minority.
>>
>>30938727
Fuck, you are totally retarded. Let's to back to >>30937514 shall we? What do you think
>Partly because EU passed the test and therefore has little respect for identity politics. We all europeans now.
Well, it means that EU passed trough the crucible and all the people in EU regards themselves as europeans and therefore have little tolerance for identity politics.

There would not proably be a shift in the american identity, but the tolerance for identity politics would decrease, nonetheless.
>>
File: 07westpoint-jp-master675.jpg (130KB, 675x518px) Image search: [Google]
07westpoint-jp-master675.jpg
130KB, 675x518px
>>30938504
Yep.
>>
>>30938946
I can't see any semblance between the BLM and these, save the uniforms.
>>
>>30938107
I have some doubts they'd send in marines since we already have bases established there.
>>
>>30937059
Morons do not think, they BELIEVE.
>>
>>30939250
>get together
>take a picture

That's all it is, no sure what traditions shenanigans you were expecting, like maybe sticking a carrot up someone's ass, but I'd expect that tradition from Navy
>>
File: kek-eth.jpg (126KB, 439x526px) Image search: [Google]
kek-eth.jpg
126KB, 439x526px
>>30939664
>like maybe sticking a carrot up someone's ass, but I'd expect that tradition from Navy
>>
>>30938673
What company did you graduate out of?

I agree with pretty much everything you said, which is nice because I had to sign a NDA when I left.
>>
File: slide_228159_1010018_free.jpg (497KB, 1200x811px) Image search: [Google]
slide_228159_1010018_free.jpg
497KB, 1200x811px
>>30939900
Checked, also, pic related is a legit Navy tradition.
>>
File: image.jpg (203KB, 650x1000px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
203KB, 650x1000px
>Teh EU works guys
>Everyone loves each other
>We all know that the refugees dindu nothin
>We all love supporting the nations who shit the bed
>We all love having no concept of a reserve bank, due to all (90%) having the same currency

If this is all true, explain Brexit. The European Union, while I can admit it is a great idea, and would be ultimately better for the world (much like communism or facism arguably would), it goes against mankinds base insticts of indentity and self-determination.
Humans just can't get along with people who are overly different to thenselves, and so the EU is doomed to fail. We have made great progress in the last few generations, but maybe it is too fast for some (vast rise in militant and political terror groups on racist/statist/religious grounds).

This is said from an Australian, in QLD, and I can't remember the last time I saw a brown person here.
>>
>>30940110
Same guy as>>30937072, that was my grandfather on my mom's side, but my grandfather on my DAD's side was a recon plane radio operator in the pacific, Navy. He's still alive, I wonder what he thinks about what it's become.
>>
2bqhwu fampai that photo is more kekworthy than politically moving
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 680x634px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 680x634px
>>30939664
Yeah, so the black power fist was a new little addition?
And here we are back at the start of the conversation, wondering why they thought it was a good idea to mix that opinion in with their budding military careers when there was just no need.
Good on you anon, really cleared up some shit here.
>>
>>30940163
They have done the Herdon Monument climb forever, he likely has heard of it. I went to Army, so I don't know exactly when it started.
>>
>>30940163
You're getting a bit spotty there dude, don't believe you
>>
>>30936886
>nininger hall
>nininger

ummm
>>
>>30940227
They've recorded times since 1959, no mention of how long they did it before then, Navy grandfather graduated in '42.
>>30940242
Family history is a bit spotty so that's to be expected. I should clarify;

On my mom's side, biological grandfather died in a car accident, stepgrandad, the WW2 vet, married grandmother.

On dad's side, biological grandfather was in the Navy, recon plane radioman yadda yadda, operated in the pacific, never saw action but once did get a fly-by from a Russian MiG. Divorced biological grandmother, married her best friend.

Biological grandmother married ANOTHER WW2 vet, also a navy guy, was a crewman aboard a submarine stationed in the phillipines. Spent alot of time suntanning and riding up and down the submarine isles like a water slide when the seas got rough.

Glad all of the marital messiness got squared away before I was born, it's crazy.
>>
File: 1429090115072.jpg (99KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1429090115072.jpg
99KB, 600x600px
>>30936886
>>West Point
>>pretty much best of the best
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.