[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/ I'm looking into buying a sidearm for everyday carry.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

File: untitled.png (53KB, 250x201px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
53KB, 250x201px
/k/ I'm looking into buying a sidearm for everyday carry. I want a Walther PPK but I'm poor so I was thinking a Makarov instead. Yay or nay?
>>
File: dcapsuleur1.jpg (37KB, 448x327px) Image search: [Google]
dcapsuleur1.jpg
37KB, 448x327px
>>30934389
Go ahead. You get a gun and a bottle opener.
>>
File: you dropped these.jpg (496KB, 1425x1425px) Image search: [Google]
you dropped these.jpg
496KB, 1425x1425px
>>30934389
Makarov is fine, but you shouldn't stop there. I made a little checklist of some other things that you should pick up.
>>
>>30934436

I'll make sure to play plenty of STALKER in those clothes
>>
>>30934389
It's a little weighty
>>
>>30934464
Pistols made of steel usually are.
>>
>>30934389
If you want a PPK but are poor buy a Bersa Thunder.
>>
>>30934389
Not ideal for cc, low capacity and the mag release is on the bottom of the grip
>>
>>30934389
I've got a Mak, anon. 8+1 of 9mm is bretty much enough to stop even the most determined of attackers, imho. Just remember shot placement and you should be okay. Alien gear makes a nice sheth, or you could ask tommy too tuff to shit in a mold and bake it in his mom's oven, whichever you prefer
>>
>>30934389
>Implying
>>
File: image.png (147KB, 507x338px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
147KB, 507x338px
Mfw I can not look at these pistols without seeing the penis after Russia bro said it , he was right
>>
>>30935571
it's a selling point.
>>
>>30935571
OP, how do you feel about clutching dicks?
>>
OP here

Got a PW Arms Bulgarian circle 10 Makarov today with holster and an extra mag. Bretty good.
>>
>>30935687

Don't really care if the grip looks like a wang XD
>>
Not a bad gun or round, but I'd suggest the Polish P-64 chambered in Makarov instead of a "real" Makarov.
Slides nicely into your pocket, good weight and balance, nice loaded chamber indicator and slide safety, heavy first trigger pull and GREAT trigger for every round after. Also extremely accurate due to the fixed barrel. A lot of gun for about $200.
>>
Don't go makarov for EDC. This is a gun you might have to bank your life on, don't buy it because it's cheap or because you love slavshit. This is coming from a makarov owner
>>
>>30934389
Get a Bersa Thunder 380. Its similar in appearance and function and you can find a used one for $200
>>
>>30935772
You're literally the only person who has had trouble with a mak
>>
>>30935827
Hush child, its called slav shit for a reason

OP, if you want a cheap carry gun, look into LEO trade ins. Usually in good shape with few rounds sent through them
>>
>>30935854

Pipe down kid, you're only shitposting.
>>
>>30935864
I'm really not sure what you're going for here man.
>>
>>30935772
Has the mak ever failed you or are you just shitposting?
threre's really not much to go wrong with a makarov. straight blowback is a robust and simple action
>>
>>30935924
First off, I never implied that the mak failed me. That was this asshole >>30935827

You certainly could use a makarov for EDC, just like you could use a nugget for home defense. Its just not optimal at this point. Its comparatively heavy, has a heel release mag, and only has an 8+1 capacity of a caliber that is weaker than 9x19 and can be difficult to find self defense loads for.

You're much better off getting a modern polymer pistol in a common caliber
>>
File: walther.png (307KB, 375x1252px) Image search: [Google]
walther.png
307KB, 375x1252px
>>30934389
>tfw Makarovs are more expensive than PPKs in germany
>>
I have both a Mak and a Walther PPKs, and I'd still pick the Mak for EDC providing it had the rubber / non-penis grips.

Fits my hand better and I wouldn't cry once it inevitably gets banged up from EDC wear 'n tear.
>>
File: POL-P64-D.jpg (89KB, 800x587px)
POL-P64-D.jpg
89KB, 800x587px
>>30934389

I was in the same scenario op.

Look into a Radom P64, aesthetics of a Walther at the cost of a mak. Make sure you replace the mainspring though.
>>
File: image.png (47KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
47KB, 512x512px
>>30934389
DPS sucks tho
>>
Maks are great! A little heavy for everyday carry IMHO but I own 3 and they are my most accurate shooters and built like a tank. They are not 9mm as the one poster stated but 9X18, halfway between 9mm and 380. Sportsmans Guide has them on sale now for 265.00
>>
>>30936087
Thats a pretty good deal, but it doesn't sound like they come with the holster/dickgrips/extra goodies. If you don't care for those, then its definitely a good deal
>>
>>30934389
Get a Bersa Thunder 380 you fool!
>>
>>30935986
A Bersa Thunder does the same, but better.
>>
>>30936139
>bersa
>better then anything but Taurus and ring of fire guns
they're nice guns but QC is garbage and parts life is sub STAR-tier. I wouldn't trust one for CC, except maybe one of the pre-thunders, their metallurgy is supposedly better
>>
>>30935724
>XD
git out
>>
>>30935854
Yeah, and the reason is that some people were joking and then a few mouthbreathers didn't get the joke and started taking it seriously, and formulated their entire opinion of something around the joke they didn't get
>>
I had a Bersa Thunder 380 as well. It was an ok gun but made of Aluminum and no where near as tough as a Mak. If your not going to shoot them too much they are fine though. I lost the rear sight screw at the range one day and emailed them and they sent me one for free so good service. No screws to lose on a Mak though :)
>>
>>30936218
Its called slav shit because its shit made by slavs. This isn't a difficult concept to grasp m8
>>
Them Slavs make some good shit when it comes to weapons, that's for sure! CZ and Makarovs are two of my favorite weapons. I also really like the Canik TP9 made by the Turks!
>>
>>30935748
But not nearly as reliable as a real mak
>>
All I see online is cucks crying about how the 9x18 is less powerful than the 9x19. 9x18 is still an incredibly effective defensive round, as seen through 40 years of soviet military and police use.
>>
>>30934531
This.
>>
File: 130273127.jpg (142KB, 785x523px) Image search: [Google]
130273127.jpg
142KB, 785x523px
>>30936383
and capacity issues are easily addressed!
>>
>>30935748
P64 a shit, the stock recoil spring is too soft and makes the recoil bad for a pistol chambered in 9x18.
>>
>>30936383
Thats why the Russians still use it after all
>>
>>30935827
Russians designed a holster that racks the slide when you draw to prevent NDs while carrying. I would say the makarov is an exceptionally poor choice for carry beacause of this.
>>
>>30936398

lol this got me gud
>>
>>30935798
Idk how much has changed but you could buy a new one for 240 a year ago
>>
>>30936383
thats because they cant afford anything else anon
>>
>>30936432

Hey, it's better than a .32 :)
>>
>>30936406
>because you can't buy a stronger recoil spring for under $10 shipped
>>
>>30934389
Get a Glock 26 and thank me later OP
>>
>>30934389
If you care only about aesthetics yes. Depending on what is your tolerance for recoil you might find it not very pleasurable to shoot.
>>
>>30936418

1. One-in-the-chamber carry is not legal everywhere.
2. Same type of holster exists for the Glawk.

tl;dr you're dumb.
>>
Get a Glock 26 if you want a fat ugly plastic gun. Get a Mak if you want a steel gun like a real man! Hell get a mak for each hand and still have 50 bucks left over for ammo!
>>
It's what I carry OP. Pros include cheap price, beautiful and fairly unique gun in terms of a carry choice, reliable, and fairly compact. The biggest problems I have with it though are the weight and trigger. Trigger pull is heavy which isn't particularly bad for a carry pistol but it is also very front heavy making it sit heavy on one side. I love mine still.
>>
>>30936398
Where can I get one of those?
>>
>>30936574
You can get the whole recoil spring calibration kit for $28 shipped
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>30934389
I conceal carry one and it's one of my favorite handguns. I bought it when I was working a shit job and it was what I could afford. It has more weight then say a shield or Glock 43, but is still easy to carry. Also if you get the grips I have on mine, it adds a more tactical mag real sr option. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wvTeMYmafIg
>>
>>30939541
How do you like those grips?
Would it be possible to cut down the beaver tail in the back?
>>
Honestly a Mak is a nice carry gun. Reliable and quite accurate because of the blowback design, and with the new grips that give it a button mag release and better ergos (IMO) it would be great. But personally I'd look at something in .380, cheaper and more commonly found ammo in stores and more options available for defense rounds, while the Mak is a bit more limited in choices. Really a CCW comes down to what you can shoot well and comfortably, meaning how it handles as well as what you would be comfortable with carrying. Try out a few compact/subcompact pistols in a shop at minimum - range time is preferable of course - and see what you like. I'd say to give a Mak, Bersa, Shield and maybe a G43 or even a Lelkek 9mm a try before you decide. Went with the Shield with an aftermarket trigger personally but there is a reason a lot of companies make carry guns, won't suit everyone.
>>
>>30939682
I love the grips. Kinda wish I would of got black but whatever the OD green looks good I think. The grips are polymer, so I don't see a reason why you couldn't grind them down. I actually thought about grinding the beavertail off myself.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.