[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wargame thread? I'm new to the series, I'd like some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 15

File: 20160809174200_1.jpg (472KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160809174200_1.jpg
472KB, 1920x1080px
Wargame thread?

I'm new to the series, I'd like some criticism on my USSR deck:
jXgQWBfqIaL6OdhUc5WRDhVc7FY52KwsGVhdsvYV5E1Fhy7JBFAGgVKZlNSmpUVKQQJUgGWJLhgIveXRkvkHQA==
>>
>>30927682
Haven't played some time but best multi game imo.
Looks ok.
Maybe too much AA
Try T-80, T-72B1 maybe.
Cheaper SEAD and SU-27M.
>>
File: 20160809185126_1.jpg (446KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160809185126_1.jpg
446KB, 1920x1080px
>>30927682
>32 infantry

Cute.
>>
I always prefer to have some tube artillery in addition or instead of mortars.

It's just easier to put them somewhere hard to kill.

Also, Eugen don't know how to program AI, so the only difference between easy, medium and hard is the amount of unit spam, it always just spams units.
>>
>>30928928
>playing against AI

>>30927682
>logistic
It's fine. I'd take the Mi-8MTV if possible, it's one of the most OP choppers in the game at the moment.

>infantry
You need to take a card of VDVs '90 because you don't have infantry with a good launcher.

Maybe get a card of cheep infantry too in cheap transports to fill the gaps in the front lines.

>support
fine

>tank
fine

>recon
Maybe get vehicle recon. The two recon choppers overlap eachother's role.

>vehicle
I'd take afghanskys if I were you, really useful for base defense.

>helo
The mi-28, mi-24vp and ka-50 akula all overlap, really not needed.

>plane
Decent if it fits your playstyle but I'd get a card of cheaper ASFs if I were you.
>>
>>30930837
What does ASF mean, air superiority fighter?
>>
>>30930951
yes
>>
>>30930837
I'm a hideous scrub, which is why I still do AI compstomps.

What are good (cost effective) air superiority fighters?
>>
>>30930983
for the soviets, mi-25PDs at veteran

they used to be even better until Eugen nerfed them

by the way you won't improve if you play against the AI, go inside noobs-only lobbies
>>
mig-25PDs *
>>
>>30931044
I've been trying to get a Eurocorps motorized deck to work.

Them Milan F3s.
>>
>>30930957
sweet, thanks.
>>
>>30927682
Alright, let's get this shit started.

>unarmored command vehicles
>no regular line infantry
>not enough AA, good choice on the mortars but the BM-21s are too logistic heavy to use with only one FOB
>far too light on tanks/missile armed tanks, check out some of the 110-120 pointers and some of the lighter/faster cavalry vehicles
>too much recon infantry, keep it at a card or two, make sure that you have at least two recon vehicles, preferably fast with better optics
>too many helicopters, cut the Mi-28s and the Mi-24V ideally
>too many extremely expensive aircraft, no SEAD
>>
>>30931076
>>unarmored command vehicles

If you play conquest you need to take 100pts CVs

>>not enough AA, good choice on the mortars but the BM-21s are too logistic heavy to use with only one FOB

3 cards is plenty of AA and his support tab is perfect, there's no such thing as "logistics heavy". You can just chain up these orders by holding shift. Move-up grads -> fire pos -> move to fob -> move back on front line. If you shift-click on the fob and then back to the front line they'll go back immediately after they're resupplied.

>>too many extremely expensive aircraft, no SEAD

He actually has SEAD

scrub / 10, OP don't listen to him
>>
>>30931076
>in a USSR national deck
>this is a problem
>>
Wragame needs to make a WWII game
>>
File: image.jpg (444KB, 1280x882px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
444KB, 1280x882px
>>30927682
Logistics should be tank cv+inf cv, inf should have motostrelki in bmp-3, spetsnaz in btr-80a/90, vdv'90 in btr-d, motostrelki in bmp-1d or morskaya in mtlb, also konkurs or igla.
support u need either tor or tung-m to counter longbow, buk for anti plane and i personally like the strela-10m as a cheap IR piece, for arty depending on the situation get mortars and smerch, msta or buratino.
Tanks u need t-72 obr, t-80b, t-72bu, and maybe t-80um aswell.
recon is always two cards of spetsnaz gru, one in btr-90/82a, one in trucks for cheaps. Then u want brm-1k, brdm-3 and ka-52
vehicle u have sturm atgm, bmpt, su-122, zhalo, maybe flame tanks altough they suck unless u can micro between houses
helis should be just ka-50, maybe mi-24v if ur a feasty cunt
planes should be mig-25bm if u can micro only, su-24m, su-27pu elite, su-27m or su-25t
This is the best right now and is meta for soviet, and even if nswp and cmw are taking some glory soviet imo are still the best in my hands
>>
I casually play this game online, but I was wondering why do the South Koreans not have T-80s and BMP3s or iglas like they do IRL.
>>
>>30931076
OP here.
>unarmored command vehicles
I don't put my cvs in harm's way, I don't see the point.

they get wrecked too quickly by mortars, tanks, machine guns and basically anything more dangerous than a pogo stick.

>not enough AA, good choice on the mortars but the BM-21s are too logistic heavy to use with only one FOB
I've actually had some moderate success with my AA, I'm just iffy on whether to swap the mortars out for the vasilyek and the grad for a howitzer of some sort.

>far too light on tanks/missile armed tanks, check out some of the 110-120 pointers and some of the lighter/faster cavalry vehicles
which ones, specifically?

>too much recon infantry, keep it at a card or two, make sure that you have at least two recon vehicles, preferably fast with better optics
the recon infantry has been working for me. they're cheap and have very good optics, so i move them into position, turn off their weapons and they can stay there unseen for the whole game.
the tanks and vehicles either only have "good" optics, which sucks, and they also suck at hiding. I don't like fighting with them either since the russian recon units are kinda weak except for the helis.

>too many helicopters, cut the Mi-28s and the Mi-24V ideally
and do what instead, exactly?

>too many extremely expensive aircraft, no SEAD
Mig25bm is sead.
>>
>>30931156
>he doesn't want shitty regulars to hold the entrances to random villages

But yes, it's not that much of a problem if you force the engagements and liberally apply spetsnaz.

>>30931133
You don't need 100 point CVs in conquest.
>>
>>30931299
Look at this, that guy is retarded >>30931211
>>
>>30931274
Because russians gave it to them instead of money after the cold war, the cold war never ended in wargame
>>
>>30931274
because iirc russia made this deal because they were indebted to south korea

in wargame the soviet union still exists in '95

>>30931315
not the guy you're taking about but

your suggestions are not wrong, it's just that a lot of the choices are seem completely arbitrary or unjustified

noob / 10
>>
>>30931368
I have 1800 hours and colonel on ranked, how about u? i know what im talking about, tell me what doesnt work perfectly in those suggestions and ill tell you straight boy
>>
>>30931425
>sturm atgm

20ap for 55pts, worthless

>bmpt

overpriced as fuck

>su-122

overpriced since the nerf

>zhalo

really niche unit, not *ABSOLUTELY* needed

>not suggesting the afghansky

>not telling him to keep one card of cheap recon

>not telling him to keep one card of cheap inf

All these tank (except the superheavies) and transport choices are really subjective.
>>
>>30931511
2800m atgm that kills the tow2 carriers, maybe overpriced a bit but it kills the cavalry bradley and scares the enemy, bmpt can kill two special forces squads and their transport and make back the money u retard, su-122 works well for 5he and kpvt, zhalo in two packs will work against any blufor moto opening, afghansky is for memers who dont use their bmp-1d, brdm-3 is cheap and what do you need cheaper than 35pts recon for anyway? Behind the lines in ur spawn empty transports can cover easily
cheap inf is for blufor with mg3s, redfor doesnt do cheap infantry except nork militia, and no those tanks are the meta especially obr and those transports are the best at what they do
>>
>>30931044

>noobs-only lobbies

Literally don't exist. There are only noob traps set by smurfs.
>>
>>30927682
pick up some motorstelky in the cheapest transports you can get.

Cut down on the recon, Mi-24K is overpriced for what you get and you only need one card of recon infantry. TO-62 is shit, dont bother with flametanks when you can get spetsnaz, cut down on the helis. Remove the GRAD replace it with regular artillery, the soviet prototype one is good, and for the love of god use t80's base and up to B i think they are way cheap for what you get, t72's are trash when you compare what you get and what you pay, t72 bu is of course the exception.

(Also play the nork-soviet coalition, Nork line infantry is good and comes in transports with SAM's on them)
>>
>>30927682
>Logistics
Ditch the UAZs for something with at least a point or two of armor. If you get shelled by tube arty, that thing is fucked.
>Infantry
Morskayas are worse than VDV by a longshot. I would take VDV in Shkrezets. Spets are good though.
>Support
OSA-AKs are shitty, at least take the 30 point ones because they are unSEADable, so you can spam them and they could shrek unsuspecting planes. Ditch the Grad for a Smerch. You have the Nonas to take care of your local fire support needs. Don't need to waste the supply on mediocre rockets.
>Tank
T-80Bs blow the shit out of T72Bs, and base T-80s are only like 10pts more than T-72As and they have more range on their gun. Play around with it a bit though. T-64MV1s are also good.
>Recon
Ditch the Razvedka squad in the URALs for a recce vehicle. Russia has a lot of good ones. the BRDM-3s are fucking awesome fire support vehicles.
And get rid of the MI-8 or Mi-24k for the KA-52. Its recon WITH SEAD and IR AA and exceptional optics.
>Vehcile
Play around with it, Afghanksys are awesome cheap fire support, and the BMPT is fucking sick nasty at killing shit.
>Helicopter
Too many helis. Ditch the VPs you dont need them. and choose between the MI-28 and Akula, not both. You can tank more tanks or infantry if you drop one of them.
>Planes
Yak-141s are infinitely better than they used to be. PUs are still good, same with the Su-27s, also good bets.

For tank killing, i like the MiG-27s, the 105 point on is fucking 10/10 for killing superheavies.
>>
>>30927682
>LOG
0 armor CVs are artybait, get the BRDM CV at the very least
>INF
You need line infantry, ditch the marines and get VDV in skrezhets
>SUP
Looks OK
>TANK
Looks OK
>REC
Lose a card of Raz and the MI-24K
>VEH
Use the points from the Raz and MI-24K to fill this out with ATGM carriers and quad cannons
>HELO
You could probably do without one of those cards, use the points to fill out VEH
>AIR
You need a cheap throwaway ASF like MiG-23ML
>NAV
Just buy up ASM helos/trucks/jets to wreck any incursions if you happen to play on a water map
>>
File: MadYaroslav.jpg (462KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
MadYaroslav.jpg
462KB, 1920x1080px
Rate my econ deck
>>
>>30933705
No granatomets/10
>>
>>30933715
Fuck you're right
Just swapped a Strelki card for one
>>
>>30933726
you swapped motorstrelki for it? should have swapped the sappers.
>>
>>30933746
If he used up 32 Motos he was doing something wrong
>>
>>30927682

poorfag here, anyone willing to gift me any of the wargame games? Could offer a guns of Icarus copy lel
>>
>>30933752
Its an econ deck, and 'more cannon fodder' is never a bad doctrine, 16 units of shit infantry isnt going to do much, 32 is enough to do something, though special forces (Navy seals, Kustjagare, German paratroopers) Will still reck you, but you can at least hold him up for a long time and contest towns effectively.
>>
>>30928910

Question - do you use this as a defensive deck or how ?? Give some tips.

I can see you spamming the shit out of OPFOR with ATGMs. But then again you have so much infantry that you can fuck up towns and everything.

That is a damn good deck man. I'll try it out soon. Thank you !
>>
File: 20160810121355_1.jpg (262KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20160810121355_1.jpg
262KB, 1366x768px
its NATO time
>>
File: 1425545098979.jpg (8KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
1425545098979.jpg
8KB, 180x180px
>>30933767
I remember the good old days as Norks. Imperial Guard strategy. Plant a horde of cheap infantry somewhere that the enemy can take cover and shoot at them, killing your guys slowly but continually. Expensive Western infantry just stacking up in an area, mowing down your conscripts. Then you drop the 2000kg megabomb on them. Bonkers status: clonked. The bomber always gets through
>>
>>30933807
Get navy seals and kustjagare if you're going to play with all nations, 4 cards of AA is overkill, fernspaher is shit, american choppers are better than european ones, Take either Mistrals or fliegerfausts, not both, get marines in lrvp's (Or whatever that amphibious transport with the grenade launcher is called) instead of legion. Also use the nato superbombers its like the #1 strength of the nato air force.
>>
>>30933960
And i forgot to mention, get more infantry, preferably cheap line infantry, shock infantry is nice but at some point you are going to need cheap crummy regulars.
>>
>>30933962
>>30933960
Oh shit, didnt notice it was eurocorps, sorry.
>>
>>30930983
max vetted MiG-23s and 25s is the current meta for REDFOR, the former are especially good against unicorn unit Apache choppers because lower speed
>>
>>30927682
Log is fine
drop the marines, they're meh, use VDV in BTR-Ds (skrezhet if you want), 1 card of upvetted moto 90s. can't hurt to use konkurs-m either
support is fine-ish, downvet low-availability AA, swap nona-svk for vasilisk
tank is okay but you'll want to upvet the T-72As, and probably B's too
Recon is fucked, don't use upveted militia recon, two cards at that. 1 card of Razzies in trucks, downvet, for you flanks/general eyes
use VMF (downvet) in a helo for cheeki sneaki
use GRU in something wheeled (downvetted!) for fightan recon
1 card of helo recon, no more, downveted, don't use the Mi-8R, to spenno and gets shot down easily because fuck huge
don't use flametank unless you don't have napalm inf or plane - you have the RPO Spetz - use either ASUs or SU-122s upvetted, or maybe something with good AP to complement your tanks lower numbers
too many helos. drop VP at least
Plane is contentious, use whatever works for you, provided youre not a moron whom fly into AA
>no naval
good lad.
>>
>>30931274
because Eugen are retarded and they add in units and factions based on demand, not on come sort of conceptually sound logic
>>
>>30931511
>>sturm atgm
>20ap for 55pts, worthless
2.8km kills on anything short of a super-heavy? yeah nah
>>30931511
>>su-122
>overpriced since the nerf
still have their use
>>
Can there be an effective air based deck for 1v1?
Planes are fucking retarded in this game, and IR rockets have no fucking ceiling.
>>
>>30934416
>air based
no, planes are a support asset. you need things that can hold an repel assaults on the ground.

you can use cheesy things like czech strela-2s in mi-17s to spam 4 HE rocket pods for 35 points, which is wild as fuck, but you still need to be able to kill tanks, and kill infantry, and you need shock troops and atgms at least for that
>>
>>30934613
This game really makes me angry as a plane autist.
>>
>>30934642
play DCS or Battlefield instead
>>
>>30934737
>paly this simulator or this shitty arcade game

I already play BMS though.
>>
>made a VDV deck that has nothing but BTR-ZD Skrezhets for transport and all but one unit has unguided AA for laughs
>Take town
>put transports around in hiding
>Enemy flier comes by
>enemy player sees all the flak and bugs out
>They send SEAD and find out that it does nothing, SEAD either takes some damage or is killed
>they then send in a bomber thinking they can get away with it easily
>turn on the a few of the radar AA then
>destroy their bomber
>watch as rage happens

Never fails me
>>
>>30933807
>recon tab is labeled Luftaufklärung
>i.e. air recon
Wtf was Eugen thinking?
>>
>>30927682
I suggest doing some tactical games to get the hang of it. Huge 10v10s were what I used to do and I was always stomped because I had no clue what to do except spam units without understanding them really. Low income games really taught me a few things.
>>
>>30927682
Used to have a lot of Wargame threads back when Red Dragon was new, nice to see one again.

Don't play so much anymore, but I admit I'm happy to see the nation packs. Wish I didn't have to pay for them but it's nice to see the game starting to grow again.
>>
File: 20160810163406_1.jpg (391KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
20160810163406_1.jpg
391KB, 1680x1050px
Is my Ossi deck any good?
>>
>>30933796
It's a meme deck, no RADAR AA, not a whole lot to actually push with. I'd probably replace the STROP or one of the Strela units with a TOR, and replace one of the recee T-55s with some card of recon infantry if I wanted this deck to be a little more serious.

It's very defensive. Cities and large forests are its bread and butter, but it's damn near useless anywhere else due to a lack of any heavy tanks/good support/good aircraft.
>>
>>30934897
>no command infantry
>no wachbatallion
>selbstfahrlafette-haubitzen and mehrfachraketenwerfer but no mörser
>t34s, rly
>2 kinds of t55, drop the A
>do ossies get anything heavier than 72S?
>no recon infantry
>no zeus23 in vehicle tab for inf support
just my 4 pfennig
>>
>>30934954
Oh, and I'd also probably replace the Czech thermobaric MiG with some ATGM plane, because if there's one thing that deck really doesn't need help with it's taking towns/forests. I just like bombing people with fire.
>>
>>30934897
No LSTRs or FJB? I always have them on my front lines to help with helo attacks and repealing troops. Better investment than regular IGLAs and you should have heavier AA pieces for support. Instead of the konkurs take the light infantry. They're shock infantry that will destroy light transport at ranges. Konkurs feels too useless for an investment. Take a wachregiment instead of another Motschutzen. But take a motschutzen in a 5 point transport for spamming.

And the SFLhb is useless, take more recon infantry. Don't even bother with the KPzT34, max out the veteran level of the T72S. Malyut is useless. Take another MI24. Also take a command infantry in a helo instead of a Fuhrungs.
>>
>>30935014
>LSTRs or FJB
oh yeah, taht too
>>
File: Best Germany.jpg (405KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Best Germany.jpg
405KB, 1920x1080px
>>30934897
Try this for a change
>>
>>30935154
much better.
5 planes is matter of playstyle, I'd drop one of them for another one or two vehicles
you can never have too many zsu23
>>
>>30927682
Ditch the osa or by and replace it with strela mtlb, t64s also pretty good
>>
File: RUSE_PS3_US_ESRB.jpg (1MB, 1000x1157px) Image search: [Google]
RUSE_PS3_US_ESRB.jpg
1MB, 1000x1157px
>>30931168

Wargame's big brother is a WW2 game.

A pretty good one too, albeit not nearly as deep.
>>
File: NotReallyAirborne.jpg (488KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
NotReallyAirborne.jpg
488KB, 1920x1080px
>>30934758
Are you me?
Also, slav airborne has no radar aa. Just a metric fuckton of strelas.
>>
>>30935930
I loved the shit out of ruse, but ww2 won't work well with wargame. It will just be arty spam. Any time towed at or aa will be spotted it will just get mortared or artied
>>
>>30935999
What? I could've sworn that it got a shilka at least.
>>
>>30934897
>LOG
You don't need the UAZ CV, those 3 points can go somewhere useful.
>INF
Your Motos are waaaay too fucking expensive. You need to have some line infantry you can quickly and relatively cheaply buy to plug holes; 35/40 points a pop is a bit much. You could also get rid of the Motos '75 and get some LStR or FJB, they're an essential part of DDR infantry.
>SUP
Eh, MRLS are personal preference; I don't like them due to the long reload time and the usual lack of results. I'd suggest mortars instead. You could swap a card of gun AA for another missile; I like the LO-1800 but they're only really good against choppers.
>TANK
About the best that DDR has to offer I suppose.
>REC
Too sparse. DDR has great recon; use those 3 points cleared from LOG and get rid of the SpPz T-55s to get a card of cheapo Grenzers and either Kampfschwimmers or Spezialaufklarers. If you prefer vehicles, get a card of SPW-40A. People bitch up and down about 'muh good optics' but they have their place. 40As are cheap, plentiful, amphibious and have a good operating range.
>VEH
You don't need 38 ATGM vehicles, good grief. Swap the Malyutkas for Flak 57s or ZPTU-2s; cheap, disposable gun trucks can be a lifesaver.
>HELO
As good as DDR can do. I really like the DHS Hind for popping inattentive jets.
>AIR
Again, about as rounded as you can get.
>NAV
Just buy ASM spam.
>>
File: 20160810111335_1.jpg (467KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20160810111335_1.jpg
467KB, 1920x1080px
>>30936016
Sorry m8.
>>
File: no one expects canucks.jpg (114KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
no one expects canucks.jpg
114KB, 894x894px
>>30927682
Why is there no Avro Arrow in game ;-;.
>>
>>30936382
They get the Electric Voodoo...
>>
>>30936382
because canada already has a meme unit that never existed
>>
>>30936392
>>30936407
I suppose, its not as memey though and the chimera is utterly worthless.
>>
>>30936382
But you can
They just call it MiG-23 :^)
>>
>want to make an argie falklands deck
>no pucara, fuckall for A4s an only frog mirages
>have to use brit land units since they basically share the same equipment

they should add some non aligned shit just for kicks
>>
>>30931299
>I don't put my cvs in harm's way, I don't see the point.

here I made a handy flowchart for you

is your CV on the map
>yes
your CV is in range of artillery and needs armor
>>
>>30927682
I played this once at a friend's house. Didn't really like it. The deck system and how you deploy stuff is a little confusing, and the UI is different from (and harder to use than) other RTSes for no good reason.

But maybe I'm just a noob having noob problems? I only played it literally once, but it wasn't a good experience so I doubt I'd be willing to play it again over a more traditional RTS
>>
>>30936793

Think of it less like an RTS and more like a tabletop wargame (hence the name). You look at 3D models of cold war gear, masturbate to battlegroup composition and watch your little soldiers blow each other up in horrific loss of life.
>>
>>30936866
>more like a tabletop wargame
It's way too fast to treat it like that. I felt like there was very little time to think.

>You look at 3D models of cold war gear, masturbate to battlegroup composition and watch your little soldiers blow each other up in horrific loss of life.
sorry but i like video games
>>
>>30936866
for me it's more like a pacing problem
I can deal with autistically making perfectly balanced formations and grand strategy schemes on a turn-based universe or dealing with frantic on the spot decisions and the dynamic nature of an RTS, but I suck at doing both at the same time
>>
>>/v/
>>
Which wargane do yall play or which is the best one to play
>>
>>30937147

Red Dragon, the latest one
>>
r8 my bait
>>
File: WAR GAME DECK 1.jpg (558KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
WAR GAME DECK 1.jpg
558KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: sovietairborne.jpg (374KB, 1287x845px) Image search: [Google]
sovietairborne.jpg
374KB, 1287x845px
>>30935999
>Support
You need more CVs if you play conquest, Command inf in a helicopter would be wise. otherwise, meh. I usually take a card of supply trucks because they're good for cheap supply.

>Infantry
Two cards of Saperys are not needed when you have spetsnaz. I would drop one for Gornos for their fucking awesome ATGM. I don't see any infantry in Helis, you're missing out on the how good airborne can be in the first 5 minutes. You have plenty of long term sustainability. I would put Gornos and one card of VDV in Mi-8MTVs. Those MTVs have fuckhueg rockets with ridiculous accuracy.

Schrezets are fucking great and your spetz are in good transports.

>Support
Hard to deal with in airborne. No problems that i can see.

>Tank
See Support

>Recon
Put the GRU in cheaper transports
Drop the BRDM-2s for Spetz VMF in Ka-29s for heliborne recon. They don't need to kill stuff, they just need to see stuff.
>Vehicles
You don't need the ASU-85Ms, the BMP-685s and BTR-70s cover the fire support. ZPTUs are good enough for cheap, spammable infantry killers.
>Helicopters
Mi-4AVs are useless, if you swap a couple of your inf out for inf in Mi-8MTVs as suggested, you will fill that fire support role in a way cheaper fashion thats 10x better.

>Aircraft
You have no ASFs, fix that. the MiG-23MLs are useless, you have Mi-24Vs and Strelas to cover killing Helis. Drop those for an ASF, YaK-141s got a big buff, Su-27s are really good and PUs are still great.

I personally dont see the need for 2 different bomb trucks, the IL-102 is too expensive for what it is. Even though it can take a hit. Also, protip. Never take the MiG-27k. I know it gets better ECM and a better missile, but the base MiG-27 and even the MiG-27M will give you more availability, for a cheaper price and do the same job. Killing your opponents superheavies.

>Naval
Basically all naval is shit and i never play it, no opinion.
Here's my Soviet Airborne.
>>
I miss the hack that showed all the enemy units and causing rage quits by artillery sniping CV's
>>
File: su30 family tree.jpg (451KB, 2500x1773px) Image search: [Google]
su30 family tree.jpg
451KB, 2500x1773px
>>30936542
Good point, too bad only redfor. Soviet Canuckistan when?
>>
>>30937370
I intentionally don't have any airmobile infantry, hence the quotes around the deck name. It's a bait deck basically, sucker an enemy into buying into a bunch of AA early, then ground rush with VDV and Spets. I suppose a card of Gornos in a chopper would be alright.

I keep the 4AV in as a cheap flying AT unit, since it's not good for much else except bait.

Also my secret weapon combo is in that deck. BRDM-3 + BMP-685 + Zhalo + Quad Zippy is a cheap and amazing ground control group for an area, so long as you have concealment.
>>
>>30937441
You're a shitbird
>>
>>30933589
>>30933601
>>30933666
>>30934035
OP here, noted. thanks for the suggestions.

however the morskayas come in groups of 15 and the VDV comes in groups of 10, doesn't this make a difference? they're both shock troops and the VDV 90's have a nice AT weapon but there's less of them and only 6 ammo for it compared to 9 for the morskayas.
>>
>>30938251
Morskaya has shitty RPGs.
Also 6 rounds is fine, cause they have rather big range.
>>
>>30938541
Morskaya are good for innawoods infantry on infantry, VDV clean up in cities when paired with Spets.
>>
>>30939659
Morskayas get raped all around.

Spetsnaz are the innawoods choice.
>>
>>30939700
Everything is better with Spetsnaz!
>>
>>30939700
I'd rather use morsk blobs for woodland pushes near enemy territory than using motos
>>
>>30939747
The whole point of taking motos is for the BMP-3s with their Arkans and Autocannons.

In armor decks you can get them at like veteran or hardened i think. So you out range basically every NATO tank with your GLATGMs.

If you have luck with them, then whatever. I just find VDV does so much better than morskayas for shock inf.
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.