[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could wwII era troops effectively fight the IS? How would different

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 135
Thread images: 24

File: wwII.jpg (68KB, 756x530px) Image search: [Google]
wwII.jpg
68KB, 756x530px
Could wwII era troops effectively fight the IS?

How would different nations deal with them?
>>
>>30926012
Back to >>>POL whereaboo
>>
File: ww2_british_soldier_picmain.jpg (366KB, 1024x782px) Image search: [Google]
ww2_british_soldier_picmain.jpg
366KB, 1024x782px
>>30926024
i knew i should have posted brits.
>>
>>30926012

No. They would not be able to effectively fight IS. Modern troops in Afghanistan and Iraq are having issues against a Les organized and well funded enemy. Insurgent tactics are effective.

Could the Wehrmacht or the Red Army be able to kill some of them? Sure, they have rifles and artillery. But modern nations have overhead recon capabilities far in excess of the wildest dreams of a WW2 army. We have drones that can loiter for days, we have thermal optics, guided missiles, fire and forget munitions. No, the insurgents would just run away from the Panzer divisions thumbing their nose, detonate some IEDs and in the night walk back into the villages pretending to be goat farmers.
>>
>>30926092
Germans had massive problems with partisans.

also even cheap RPGs are dangerous against old Tanks.

On the contrary, ISIS doesnt have an air-force.
>>
>>30926092
I think if we used their ROEs, yeah, they would. If you're telling me that a divison of panzers steamrolling villages wouldn't do better than our cucked ROEs, then fuck.
>>
File: Bandenkampfabzeichen.jpg (41KB, 390x454px) Image search: [Google]
Bandenkampfabzeichen.jpg
41KB, 390x454px
>>30926092
>and in the night walk back into the villages pretending to be goat farmers.

So we need guys who earned this badge?
>>
>>30926124
this

biggest difference is politics and media at the time. I'm sure the Nazis at least could figure out a way to pacify the land.
>>
>>30926092
>and in the night walk back into the villages pretending to be goat farmers.

I'd guess that after a couple incidents with 'goat farmers' the Wehrmacht as well as the Soviets would simply not let anyone in and or destroy the villages.
>>
File: 1470082220001.png (375KB, 763x960px) Image search: [Google]
1470082220001.png
375KB, 763x960px
>>30926024
>whereaboo
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 205x291px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 205x291px
The people themselves, or do they have to use 1940s equipment? Because you're talking about ppl who burned down entire cities, liquidated (nb4 didn't happen) 10-12 million prisoners, massacred the whole polish officer corps, starved 10 million Ukrainians, dropped atom bombs on cities, and burned filthy nips out of caves with flamethrowers.
...and those where the nice guys in the war. Imagine IJA troops with modern weapons fighting IS
>>
>>30926012
yes.

its called colonialism. It worked, but was called "racist".

why waste your life civilizing them? they don't want civilization, that would imply having to leave islam behind.
>>
Time was different too. Saheeb didn't have a cell phone to post on facebook after a regiment would roll in and crater there village in retaliation to an ISIS attack either.
>>
uhhh yeah, because the germans and soviets would kill literally anyone and everyone. men women and children, until ISIS wasn't a thing.
>>
File: image.jpg (94KB, 640x412px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94KB, 640x412px
>IS takes Baghdad
>Doolittle + 1000 b-29s turn Baghdad I to a crater
>repeat for any city IS takes

Added bonus, no civilian Muslims either :^)
>>
Not saying they would but it wouldn't be on the news 15 minutes later if it did happen.
>>
>>30926024
>whereaboo
I don't care how much you shit up this board. I'm staying you cocksucking motherfuckers!
>>
The SS would wipe them in about a week. These mudslimes have little discipline or formal training to speak of.
>>
Could you imagine melinnials turning in thier cell phones for a war drive? My grandmother literally ate a belt in the 30s because no food. Granddad lied about his age to join the marines at 16 and kill japs off the back of a B25
There's a reason we haven't won a war since 1945
>>
>>30928106
> There's a reason we haven't won a war since 1945

You're fucking retarded. I won't even argue your stupid point. I'll just say since WWII, the only time we've been attacked and went to war was 9/11, and a bunch of people jumped to join the military. And just because we had enough resources to not have to eat belts isn't an indictment against modern society. Americans will serve and sacrifice when needed. And we've won plenty since WWII. Go shoot yourself.
>>
>>30928028
its not that we couldn't firebomb them. Or just empty the old depots! Shelling the whole place for a couple of months would do the trick!

Then send the survivors to re-education camps. It would fix most problems.

But you can't do shit nowadays without public outcry and drama.
>>
>>30928157
Plz name one. And "cease fire" and "kill/dead" ratios dont count.
Yes plenty of Americans will go fight (I was one of them in the surge) but modern society doesn't have to stomach or attention span to see a war through
>>
>>30926012
Probably invoke the ghost of Curtis Lemay.
>>
File: Ratte.jpg (102KB, 1000x538px) Image search: [Google]
Ratte.jpg
102KB, 1000x538px
>>30926122
>ISIS doesnt have an air-force.

They have no Aircrafts you say? Hah! This was my only weakness!
>>
>>30928157
>You're fucking retarded.
Not an argument
> I won't even argue your stupid point.
Not a good way to open a debate
> I'll just say since WWII,
I thought you weeny arguing
>the only time we've been attacked and went to war was 9/11,
Which we didn't win
> and a bunch of people jumped to join the military. And just because we had enough resources to not have to eat belts isn't an indictment against modern society.
no, but it does draw a contrast between our society and the generation that was born in the 1910s-20s
> Americans will serve and sacrifice when needed.
But society and politicians won't back them so they can win
>And we've won plenty since WWII. Go shoot yourself.
Korea: cease fire, still technically at war
Vietnam: communist victory
all of South America: I guess farc isn't a thing.
Bay of pigs: embarrassing
Gulf war one: there's a reason it's called part one
OIF OEF: really?
>>
>>30928350
Not the guy you're talking to, but would you also say rome lost the first punic war because there were 2 more after?
>>
>>30928369
I'd say they didn't secure victory. Having a guy in the ropes isn't a victory of he comes back in the next round
>>
>>30928237
Bruh, the wars today are far less conventional than ww2 and the wars before. We defeated the Iraqi army in months, the 3rd largest army in the world, twice.

Fighting guerilla warfare is entirely different. By the time we did the surge in Iraq, the conventional army of Iraq was gone. Those who fought had traded their uniforms for civilian clothes a long time ago.
>>
>>30928369
Smashing an country's army in less than a week and then leaving saddam and the Ba'ath party in charge because we want them to fight a proxy war against Iran because we have to defend the 1964 petro dollar in Saudi Arabia, who keep sending shitskins to bomb us and our allies, which made us re-invade Iraq because technically the Saudis are our allies was not a victory, no
>>
>>30928417
Then we need to admit that we are unable to win a war in it la current form and stop fucking around in the Middle East
>>
>>30926092
Try doing things this way.

"In one representative village just north of Bad Windsheim, the Herbolzheim Volkssturm unit, with its customary composition of elderly men and young boys under the influence of a few regular army soldiers, foolishly declared the town a fortress and laid mines in the streets. As American troops approached in midmorning on April 12, shots from the village rang out. Angered, the Americans commenced a two-hour artillery barrage complemented by aerial attacks that gutted the town with incendiary and high-explosive bombs. With their village engulfed in flames, the civilian inhabitants, mostly the elderly, women, and children, fled in search of shelter to the surrounding fields, all the while under American fire."
>>
>>30928043 >>30927877
Yes wheraboo, what, don't like getting called out on your racism?
>>
>>30926124
>divison of panzers steamrolling villages
Fuck, send the Einsatzgruppen in and tell them the Arabs are all commie retard faggots. That'll clean up the ME.
>>
>>30926124

The Soviets DID have that ROE when they invaded Afghanistan. They still lost. And that was the Wehrmacht's policy against Russia: guess how well they fared?
>>
>>30928237
Korea, Iraq, Iraq, Afghanistan.

Mission was accomplished, that's a war that was won.
>>
>>30928599
Stop being a faggot SJW. Let's assume they are literal nazi fascist skinheads. Did they say anything racist? No. Did they ask a /k related question? Yes. So fuck off back to /pol/. /pol/ is the fucking politics board and /k/ is the weapons board. Op asked about war and then you made it political, so you fuck off to /pol/ you fucking faggot.
>>
>>30926024
>>30928599
>people actually falling for bait that's this low energy

I don't hate the shitposters, I hate you newfags.

LURK MOAR
>>
>>30928673
What where this missions again?
>>
>>30928961
Not that guy, but you can make a pretty good argument.

>keep South Korea in existence
>install a more or less functional republic in Iraq where fucking with the US tends to lead to death
>same thing in Afghanistan, basically

I'm no fan of Bush era foreign policy, but it is in fact very difficult to name a place where you can fuck with the US and not die. The closest you'll get is Saudi Arabia.
>>
>>30926012
My grandpappy was a partizan and shrekt Germans while accompanying Tito and being his bodyguard for a short while. If they could do it I'm sure IS could with their weaponry and tactics.
>>
>>30926012
all I can think of now is 20 million conscripts shelling villages and running wave after wave of t34 tanks through the rubble and human wave attacking isis positions. Just like wwII the russians suffer heavy losses but win with brutality suffering and general disregaurd for human life.
>>
nope. the Nazis lost to Yugoslav, Albanian, and Greek Partisans. now imagine them fighting an enemy with AKMs RPG-7 and EFPs.
>>
>>30929023
>yugo terrorist insurgants was the reason Germany lost
Oh boy

(Grandad still based tho)
>>
>>30929050
Germany expended a lot of troops in the region. My grandpa died before I could meet him but he told my dad the Germans would show up overnight falling through the sky so he definitely had action against paratroopers which were pretty well trained.
>>
>>30926012

probably depends really probably ROE be loosened up isis be dealing with hosts of experienced soldiers granted their weapon be out of date but then again the combat expression probably prove superior
>>
>>30926012
Seeing as how they established the Einsatzgruppen as an anti-terrorist organization I'm sure they would be able to manage.
>>
>>30926092
Are you kidding me? Have you seen the blitzkrieg? Have you seen the sheer numbers of troops in WWII? Have you seen the massive destruction caused in most battles in WWII due to bombs, planes, tanks, artillery, etc...? Remember, the only reason we are having a hard time is because of the influence ISIS has, and the fact that we are strictly following rules of engagement. We aren't fully at war with a full on invasion or anything, that's why we are having a hard time. If we went at ISIS full force, we would wipe them out in 2 days. It would just be pointless because of their influence. All in all, if a WWII army invaded ISIS territory, with full force, ISIS would become extinct. They couldn't beat the blitzkrieg or Patton, or the might of the Red Army. In your dreams.
>>
File: 1464145542307.jpg (82KB, 960x495px) Image search: [Google]
1464145542307.jpg
82KB, 960x495px
>>30926024
fuck off back to re'ddit tankie scum
>>
>>30929937
>the might of the Red Army
God damn I want to see the conscript charge against IS positions.
>>
>>30928256
rpg to treads

>ratte is kill
>>
>>30930223
223 git
>>
>>30928256
And you can just run over the whole town so they can't hide. A flawless plan.
>>
>>30926012
They could probably deal with a good number of them and might be able to do more damage than we are due to lack of fucks over civilian casualties and shit (I mean if the Red Army invaded half the middle east would be half slavic in nine months), but ultimately they'd start running into brick walls, insurgents are easy to fight but insurgencies are like cockroaches, when you get rid of one ten more pop up.
>>
while I cannot comment on the op being a whereabo due to a lack of information what I can say is that if we had ww2 soldiers fighting like they did with the equipment they did what we would see is what we saw in Vietnam. Burned villages summary executions and a whole lot of dead bodies. The view in ww2 style fighting was killing all the opposition no questions asked. Bomb the cities till they are flat, shoot all the men until there is no more left to fight or willing. So instead you would just have a rehash of the Vietnam war except it would end in an American, German or Russian victory due to the fact that isis does not receive the same amount of support that the north Vietnamese did nor do they have as large a support base. literally most of the middle east would end up 6feet under.
>>
File: 1447006866454.jpg (367KB, 953x1760px) Image search: [Google]
1447006866454.jpg
367KB, 953x1760px
>>30930117
I'm a waffeboo, but this image is too good not to post
>>
now that I think about it the war in the middle east can only be solved this way. We identify what groups are willing to accept the western way of life and live in peace. The rest become a historical bookmark and are removed from all and any participation in future events through death. terrorism is like cancer sometimes you need to amputate the limb to save the body. right now all we do is chemotherapy to keep it in check.
>>
>>30930371
Its spelt Wehraboo for fucks sake!
>>
>>30930413
hey bro I don't give a fuck how its spelt. I was one at one point until I realized I was an untermench, I still like their equipment a lot... ironically my dads family was responsible for training them to fly planes in southamerica.
>>
File: lemay.jpg (193KB, 600x739px) Image search: [Google]
lemay.jpg
193KB, 600x739px
>>30926012
>Could wwII era troops effectively fight the IS?
i don't know, but it sure would be fun to see them give it a shot. pic very related
>>
File: based britain.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
based britain.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>30930468
>>
>>30930213
It failed, ISIS recruited the conscripts before the conscripts could grab a dead soldiers rifle
>>
>>30930503
"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everybody else, and nobody was going to bomb them.At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind." - Bomber Harris
just replace Nazis with ISIS, and those cities with sites of ISIS attacks, maybe it works maybe it doesn't but goddamn it would be cool to see the middle east burn a la Dresden
>>
>>30928671
they were doing great until we started supported the muj
>>
>>30930599
if we hadn't supported muj soviets would have won in 2 years and probably would have only needed Hinds and paratroopers, no tanks
>>
>>30926012
definitely..
americans in WWII had a hell of a fighting spirit.
>>
File: weaeaweawe.jpg (45KB, 564x558px) Image search: [Google]
weaeaweawe.jpg
45KB, 564x558px
Well, i'm pretty sure they wouldn't let their countries be invaded.

But >>30926122 actually said something very important.. if even panzerfaust were very, very dangerous to soviet armour, imagine RPGs against panzers..
>>
File: v1.jpg (28KB, 350x465px) Image search: [Google]
v1.jpg
28KB, 350x465px
>>30930554
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1qsBGTkVSk
>wakey wakey
>>
File: 1470293381412.png (768KB, 720x691px) Image search: [Google]
1470293381412.png
768KB, 720x691px
>>30928599
fatpug, plz go
>>
>>30930676
>implying said panzers wouldn't catch on fire and have their transmissions snap

>and somehow get encircled by soviets
>>
>>30930387
cool pic tankie
>>
>>30926092
If it were Nazis and the Red Army fighting insurgents, they'd burn the villages down first.
>>
File: 1446394163312.jpg (251KB, 1203x1447px) Image search: [Google]
1446394163312.jpg
251KB, 1203x1447px
>>30930724
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little pinko? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class at ϟϟ Junkerschule Bad Tolz, and I’ve been involved in numerous raids on Jewish Ghettos, and I have over 300 confirmed relocations. I am trained in gorilla anti-terrorism and I’m the top einsatzkommando in the entire Waffen ϟϟ. You are nothing to me but just another untermenschen. I will gas you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in this delousing chamber mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the enigma machine? Think again, jude. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of collaborators across the Deutsches Reich and your Jewish ancestry is being traced right now so you better prepare for the sturm, parasite. The sturm that ausrottens the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking incinerated, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can exterminate you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my pesticides. Not only am I extensively trained in the Nuremburg laws, but I have access to the entire armory of the Wehrmacht and I will use it to its full extent to concentrate your miserable ass off the face of the lebensraum, you little shit. If only you could have known what incredible retribution your little “clever” culture of critique was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have signed on to the Havara Agreement. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit the glory of the herrenrasse all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, judaeo-bolshevik.
>>
File: 1470626268629.jpg (2MB, 4092x2893px) Image search: [Google]
1470626268629.jpg
2MB, 4092x2893px
>>30930889
real talk, what is it with all these PC tankies from reddit doing here? jesus christ this board has it worst than /his/
>>
>>30930916
>>>>/pol/
>>
>>30928106

> My grandmother literally ate a belt in the 30s because no food.

Granny is a fucking liar also ww2 had more draft dodgers than nam
>>
>>30930961
AHAHAHAHA caught a redditor
>>>/bleach/
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>30930973
or maybe because Gerrmany during WW2 was hilariously incompetent
>>
>>30930986
Hitler was incompetent his staff was Bretty good too bad Hitler was a tard
>>
>>30926012

They probably could.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1940%E2%80%9344_insurgency_in_Chechnya
>>
>>30931017
his staff was nearly more incompetent than uncle adolf

>pressuring hitler to advance to moscow even though a very large soviet force was waiting to encircle the army headed to moscow instead of seizing the oil fields of the caucus
>>
>>30930916
Newer people think the that keeping /pol/ off of /k/ means the board is for slavaboo closet commies, when really it just means to keep the discussion pertinent to the board's topics. It goes back to when /pol/ was in its full-on shill mode in 2014 and Willis made comics about it. Now everyone sees those and spouts "back to /pol/" whenever someone posts something even slightly related to Germany because they want so badly to fit in. its just a bunch of try-hards or literally retarded fetal alcohol babies upset about the fact that the only way they could beat the Germans was to literally drown them in their own blood and build fortifications out of their own corpses. Combined with conveniently forgetting that WW2 Russian logistics is just another way of saying WW2 American logistics and hindsight rehabilitation of actual oxygen-theives Georgy "send coca-cola but hide label so Komrade Stalin wont send me to gulag" Zhukov and you essentially get a nega-/pol/ that glorifies a regime that was literally 10x worse than the nazis ever were and manages to be twice as obnoxious than /pol/ could ever hope to be. With /pol/ you could just ignore the bullshit off-topic rants, but these slavababies go out of their way to shit up even on-topic discussions.
>>
The Nazis basically killed 40 million russians who were better organized than ISIS and mostly just lost because the russian winter. I'm pretty sure if all efforts were concentrated on the middle east they could exterminate the whole of the middle east. They were extremly succesful if you consider that they were fighting the whole world with like 10 million soldiers.
>>
>>30928454
Well no shit Sherlock. Go to your fucking congressman with this brand spanking new idea about losing a guerilla war. I'm sure you'll get a ribbon and some special medal commemorating you for such a novel approach to arguments.

Fuckface
>>
>>30928217
WW2 strategic bombing was justified as bombing of industrial centers. What factories does Baghdad have that are aiding the enemy war effort?
>>
>>30928106
>implying it's just millenials with their cell phones and not gas-guzzling cars and other things that are also incredibly wasteful uses of resources
I keep saying we need to stop burning oil so we can save it for use with plastics, but nobody fucking cares!

>>30930276
>but insurgencies are like cockroaches, when you get rid of one ten more pop up.
Yeah it's funny how slaughtering lots of people tends to just piss off more of them.
>>
>>30930554
The thing is, what cities that ISIS holds count as Berlin, and which ones count as Paris?

You and the other guys act like everyone in ISIS territory is somehow a loyal and loving adherent to its goals when you talk about going all total war on them, but the Allies didn't firebomb Warsaw or any other captured cities, did they?
>>
>>30930634
exactly
>>
>>30930701
>comparing the different races to dog breeds
Wow... I'm almost amazed someone had the balls to sign there name to that.
>>
>>30931550
>wow. just wow. I can't even. How dare you make a factual and valid comparison. Just no.
>>
>>30931548
Same goes to Vietnam
if China and Russia hadn't supported them we would have won in 2 years (probably much sooner)
>>
File: 0_b2462_b1a2ba4c_orig.jpg (120KB, 956x761px) Image search: [Google]
0_b2462_b1a2ba4c_orig.jpg
120KB, 956x761px
>>30926012
Yep.
>How would different nations deal with them?
Pretty well, you see. In WWII peoply wasn't all about human rights and political correctness. Japs go to camps in US, Tatars go to Siberia in USSR, e.t.c. IS is more about lack of jobplaces - no problemo, population will be placed in labor camps.
>>
>>30930554
It's an interesting quote because what happened was actually the opposite and Harris was exercising winner's prerogative.
>>
>>30927960
>10 million Ukrainians
The highest estimate for a holodomor death toll that is commonly accepted among historians is 7 million, there is simply no way that 10+ million could have perished. I'm one of the people that does consider it genocide but c'mon, let's at least be reasonable about it instead of spouting neonazi propaganda.
>>
>>30926012
The soldiers back then didn't mess around.

People actually had balls then, people actually fought for their countries.
>>
>>30929105
Dope. I knew an old lady who's parents were kill and was a soviet orphan )Czech) she used to tell me "they make me break rocks. Is why my hands so bad. When the Germans came, very bad for the Jews. When the Russians came, even worse for everyone"
She used to yell at the Russian contractor hate guards at ft Lewis. I loved that lady.
>>
>>30926092
>Insurgent tactics are effective

So was WW2 era COIN
They didn't shy away from concentration camps, depopulation tactics, massive retaliatory killings.
>>
>>30930406
Draw Mohammad. You can draw him in a flattering way, but you must draw. If not, against the wall you go. If you are so orthodox that you can't draw Muhammad, you are incompatible with western values.
>>
>>30928671
Soviets only committed 100k soldiers tops. That's clearly inadequate for such a large country.
>>
>>30926092
>>30934119
this
Insurgency is only effective if there is a stake involved (civilian casualties)
If a ww2 era military came to kill ISIS it would be an extermination, complete takeover, and invasion of Syria
War only isn't like this today because of the media response to the Vietnam war.
>>
>>30930889
That's going on the pasta folder, Mein bruder
>>
File: image.jpg (21KB, 248x194px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21KB, 248x194px
>>30930968
>interwar Germany wasn't that bad
You're an idiot
>>
>>30931085
Damn friend, who to the gem out of your donut? I hate communists more than anyone, but did they rape your grandmother?
>>
>>30931137
>America hasn't won war for a while
>THEY WIN ALL THE TIME
>not X,y,or z
>BECAUSE THEY GUERILLAS WAR
all wars are now guerillas war, so we can no longer win
REEEEEE
Thanks for the input
>>
>>30931550
I live that narrative is more important than facts in (current year)
>>
>>30930968
>more draft dogders
because more were drafted so therefore more with illnesses and physical disabilities would be rejected from joining
>>
>>30934168
yes, that is called polio
>>
>>30930223

That's why it has six?

Though interestingly, the ratte is frontally immune to the RPG-7 by virtue of sheer metal thickness: it would cause a crater on it from melting, but not penetrate.
>>
>>30931507

And therein lies the problem with trying to treat ISIS like a proper, civilized conventional foe. In order to BE a conventional foe, we first have to allow them to capture territory and settle a nation. Not occupy, but literally convert into whatever crazed caliphate they envision.

It's got to get worse before it gets better, if you want to fight them the good old fashioned way.
>>
>>30934256
But Nazi Germany would simply raze the villages and not allow any sort of formation of resistance. They would probably have the best shot.
>>
>>30931507
Warsaw was a pile of rubble by 44. There was nothing left to bomb.
>>
>>30934300
>not allow any sort of formation of resistance
But there were formations of resistance...plenty of them.
>>
>>30934455
I suppose the Nazis would fight the IS like they did the Warsaw uprising. No resistance left after that.
>>
>>30926012
No. America is a stupid jock. They were able to pass through ww1and ww2 because it was literally just "storm the line and kill everyone". when high tech equipment got involved in Vietnam we didn't know how to use it and we still don't
>>
>>30926092
If Wermacht or Red Army were fighting insurgents they would start burning villages that didn't collaborate with them one by one until nobody would want to oppose them and the insurgents would get wrecked.

They would also think out-of-the-box by burying dead insurgents in lard and do other "non-humanitarian" tricks.

The casualties would be higher but they would destroy the insurgents. ISIS or Talibans laugh at drones and airstrikes because they think NATO militaries are pussies that can't send grunts to deal with them. At the same time one of the British sectors in Afghanistan was left alone for several months after some guy commanding ambushed patrol ordered bayonet charge, the moment they've did it, Taliban insurgents ran away. This is typical mindset muslims have - they don't give a fuck about dying in droves in precision airstrikes but they break easily when the enemy simply picks the fight and doesn't give a fuck. The same colonial general that absolutely failed during WW1 understood all of this perfectly, why can't our current leadership get it through their thick skulls is beyond me.
>>
>>30930701
Biological accounts of human behaviour are not taken seriously in academia.
>>
>>30927960

>Imagine IJA troops with modern weapons fighting IS

Christ, it would be like some sort of war crime singularity.

I totally want to see it.
>>
>>30934744

>ALLAHU ACKBAR!
>BANZAAAAIIIIIII!
>*decapitation intensifies*
>>
>>30926012
>Be WWII
>Suddenly transported into ISIS.
WHY IS EVERYONE AUTOMATIC???
>>
>>30928671
I think if we combined our modern technology with utter disregard for life, we'd do just fine. The russians still wanted to have the place intact; if we wanted to pacify by laying waste to the lands are our ancestors armies did, we;d have the same result: conquered land.
>>
>>30934896

>intact

I have to ask: why? What value does Afghanistan have?
>>
>>30930223
>ratte is kill
NO!
>ratte is now bunker
>>
>>30927877

HERE A BOO
>>
File: deusVult.jpg (139KB, 832x960px) Image search: [Google]
deusVult.jpg
139KB, 832x960px
>>30931141
>WW2 strategic bombing was justified as bombing of industrial centers. What factories does Baghdad have that are aiding the enemy war effort?

Mosques are the little places that make provide the programming for their two legged ordnance guidance systems. There might not be many ordnance factories in Baghdad but there are end user modification depots. In Iraq everything is bomb. Everything is target.
>>
>>30934193
But it's not even a conventional war. We're not even fighting a singular enemy. We are fighting against "terror". You can't fight a fucking emotional reaction with bombs n shit. And you turned your argument from
>Herr this generation can't stomach a war
>Oh but I can because of my superior fucking attitude and patriotism.
>Ugh why didn't I get to be in a world war with all the real badasses.
>Le Rong Generation.

That's you

Fuckface
>>
>>30934744
mother of god...
>>
yes very much so.
>>
>>30934516
(non-stem) Academia isn't taken seriously by actual academics.
>>
>>30926012
As long as they arent French or Italian.
>>
IS- high estimate 50,000 troops

Red Army - 5 million troops

One has around ten thousand+ tanks, armor plated planes, Stalins organs, artillary, suicidal commanders "Time is blood" and a leader unimpeded by possible civilian casulties.

A few days spent levelling Mosul/Raqqa, then a long burst of Stalin origins and then swarm with a infantry with the AK precursor and more tanks than the enemy has anti tank ammo.
>>
>>30938917
While I don't care for the Russians, what you described would be glorious to behold.
>>
>>30936155
Cuck
>>
File: einsatzgruppen.jpg (75KB, 356x500px) Image search: [Google]
einsatzgruppen.jpg
75KB, 356x500px
>>30926092
>No. They would not be able to effectively fight IS.

WWII era troops would be very effective, as they wouldn't give a single fuck about civilian deaths and collateral damage and that's what prevents modern day militaries from dealing with insurgents.
>>
File: 1470772766038.jpg (17KB, 476x242px) Image search: [Google]
1470772766038.jpg
17KB, 476x242px
>>30942628
>>
>>30928106
Since everyone else is throwing a pissy fit, I'll argue like an adult.

I disagree, millenials as a whole aren't like that, I grew up in rural southwestern Illinois, plenty, if not most, of the kids I went to school with are decent, hard-working, people. Who wouldn't hesitate to support this country 100% if we were attacked again.

It's basically the whole "miniority with a loud voice" situation, not all millenials are "swagfags", lazy, and Anti-America. Sure, America may not have the stomach for war anymore, no one really does, it just boils down to the availability of information and ease of communication that have shown what war is really like to the American people. Something that we didn't have back in the 40's. Many people didn't know how horrifying war was unless they experienced it themselves. Now a days, it's nothing to turn on CNN or what have you to see planes bombing posisitions, suicide bombers, executions, etc. Which has made people more reluctant to fight.

But I garuntee you, no matter what you think, if America was ever attacked on a scale like Pearl Harbor, there would be no shortage of millenials ready to fight, support, and win that war.
>>
actually brits and soviets fought iran in 1941
Thread posts: 135
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.