[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok so If I am an 18 and live in a state where an 18-20 year old

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Ok so If I am an 18 and live in a state where an 18-20 year old can legally possess a handgun, but it is illegal for anyone to sell/furnish one to me until I turn 21, can someone who is above 21 purchase it and then sell or give it to me in another state where no such restriction exists? Or does the restriction apply to residency rather than actual place of transfer?
>>
>>30803577
Straw purchase is what you're describing.

I hope you don't have a dog.

Alternatively, if your parents or direct relative wanted to buy it, shoot it a bit, decide they didn't want it, and then later down the line gift it to you for collecting family good boy points...or some shit...THEN it's legal.

Unless your state is a piece of shit.
>>
>>30803577
It has to be a gift. As long as you aren't giving the purchaser money for the weapon it's not a straw purchase- so, know anyone who'll just give you a handgun for free?
>>
>>30803577
What state, OP?
>>
>>30803624
Exactly how illegal is it though, like if it was a relative that purchased it could they prove that I gave them money? (Considering that my current job is payed-in-cash manual labor with another relative)

>>30803710
Ohio
>>
>>30803738

They probably can't can't prove it, but it's still illegal.
>>
>>30803795
Eh I might just buy a 10/22 or nugget, maybe build a lower tier AR instead or something.

If I really want to do it later on it seems there's enough legal loopholes to not go to jail over it.
>>
>>30803577
If you live in a state that allows private sales, then you may legally purchase one through a private party. All federal law does is make it illegal for you to buy one from a licensed dealer until you're 21.
>>
Go plan school shootings somewhere else
>>
>>30804987
Came here to post this.
>>
File: 1372741343225.jpg (130KB, 530x692px) Image search: [Google]
1372741343225.jpg
130KB, 530x692px
>>30803577
Where do people come up with this shit that its illegal for someone to sell you a handgun? That only applies to FFLs. It took me a 5 seconds of googling to see ohio doesn't require FFLs to transfer handguns.
>https://www.atf.gov/questions-and-answers/qa/may-individual-between-ages-18-and-21-years-age-acquire-handgun-unlicensed
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.