[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain what the difference between the Marines and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 17

File: MarinesDVIDSHUB.jpg (157KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
MarinesDVIDSHUB.jpg
157KB, 640x427px
Can someone explain what the difference between the Marines and the US Army is? Mostly in terms of experience and duties
>>
>>30802327
Marines are basically an entire branch of operators. They are the most elite warriors the world has ever known. They are responsible for upholding freedom and American values.

They are the few
The proud
The marines

The army is just cannon fodder who go in after marines win wars
>>
Marines take ground and fight. The Army runs away from Germans and Chunks.
>>
>>30802357
Does that assume that joining the Marines is more dangerous than the army?
>>
File: Gigglinzim.gif (2MB, 350x251px) Image search: [Google]
Gigglinzim.gif
2MB, 350x251px
>>30802357
>>
>>30802327

someone has to run at the machine guns off of landing crafts. The Government made a 'special' branch for these kinds of folks. Most people are smart enough to know the odds of such activities, but a few and proud group of people get more caught up in the pomp and circumstance of being in the marines than actually understand what their role is. These are the people in society that think they can take on machine guns and win..

not to say we need these type of people -- we sure do.. but they shouldn't be release back into the population once the government is done with them. They should have a special island were these people stay all to themselves and live out their lives in a knucklehead paradise.
>>
>>30802370
Yes. Marines are the militaries deadliest weapon. Only a select few hold the title of US Marine. It takes bravery, strength, and determination unmatched in history.
>>
>>30802327
>marines
Slower promotion, prefer rifles over carbines, lower ranks will hold more command responsibility since they don't promote as fast. Don't get as many cool schools to do as the army though.
>Army
Promotes faster, but you won't get command as fast, more cool schools.
>>
>>30802366
Army destroyed the Germans and the Gooks.

Marines were busy getting slaughtered in unacceptable amounts in the Pacific and generally have higher casualties despite having smaller units (which happens when a slightly underequipped ground force with their heads full of retarded 'pride' get stuck in trouble and need the Army to bail them out).

The only good part about Marines is they have a lot of different jobs you can get and that they have generally fitter POGues.
>>
>>30802431
>Marines were busy getting slaughtered
This is the job of a Marine.
>>
>>30802327
one sucks other swallows, you decide which is which
>>
>>30802406
Cut the memes, I was trying to figure out if your more likely to die/ get wounded in combat depending on the branch you choose
>>
>>30802327
>Can someone explain what the difference between the Marines and the US Army is? Mostly in terms of experience and duties

In the Marines, you'll enlist, get stationed in SoCal or some shithole, marry some whore off the pole of a stripclub near post, devlop a drinking problem, deploy a few times, jody will fuck your girl, you'll come home broke and divorced, then develop a drinking problem again, then you'll EAS, and tell everyone for the rest of your life how you were a Marine for 4 years, and share memes about the lazy chairforce, the tasty USAF chow halls, and how the Navy are a bunch of faggots.

In the Army, you'll enlist, get stationed in Hawaii or some shithole, marry some whore off the pole of a stripclub near post, devlop a drinking problem, deploy a few times, jody will fuck your girl, you'll come home broke and divorced, then develop a drinking problem again, then you'll ETS, and tell everyone for the rest of your life how you were a Soldier for 4 years, and share memes about the lazy chairforce, the tasty USAF chow halls, and how the Navy are a bunch of faggots.
>>
>>30802463
You will get killed in the army. You will do the killing in the marines
>>
>>30802463
Has nothing to do with the branch. You can get killed dead as shit being SecFor in the USAF, and you can drive a desk your whole career doing admin shit for the Marines.

MOS is what matters, not branch.
>>
>>30802327
The most basic way to put it is that US Marines are expeditionary and designed for rapid response. They're almost a mini-military that is constantly deployed with Navy ships as a global rapid response force. So, expeditionary warfare, especially amphibiously and via carrier aviation, and global rapid response.

However, the Marines are a very versatile force that can operate effectively inland in the more common low-intensity scenarios.
>>
File: Blank_c4abc0_5711561.gif (41KB, 500x398px) Image search: [Google]
Blank_c4abc0_5711561.gif
41KB, 500x398px
>>30802465
This is pretty accurate.
>>
>>30802465
That might just be the best description I've ever heard.
>>
File: USMarines4.jpg (37KB, 499x600px) Image search: [Google]
USMarines4.jpg
37KB, 499x600px
>>30802357
>>30802366
>>30802406
>>30802479

^8/10 would inwardly chortle again
>>
>>30802357
Somebody guzzled the Kool-aid at basic. Or you watched the goddamned sword and dragon recruitment TV spot too many times and you're talking out of your ass.

The Marine Corps began and has maintained a status of fast action response force for the United States, primarily based in the use of maritime transport to deploy anywhere in the world and establish a foothold (beachead) in a campaign area. Hence the name Marine Corps. They were stationed aboard vessels as the ground fighting extension of the Navy.

>Navy locates the nut
>Marines crack the everlasting shit out of it
>Army peels it open and digs everything in it out.
>Air Force shows up and sets up a computer and sells real estate to McDonald's, Starbucks, and resource gathering companies and get themselves shot and blown up.
>>
>>30802485
>>30802503

I should have included the part about either buying a 600cc sportbike and/or a lifted truck, blowing half (or more) of your LES on dumb shit, how you'll have the best service strip clubs on the 14th or the 30th of every month, and how the stripper you'll marry will turn into a dependawhale within 6 months of nuptials, and likely squirt out children that have a 50/50 chance of being yours. Marines have a 15% bonus to contracting STD's, Army Soldiers have a plus 15% bonus to eating their service weapon in a porta-shitter in some worthless chunk of dirt on the other side of the world surrounded by hescos
>>
>>30802463
Marines are more likely to use augments for combat positions (because retention is deplorable), so you have a ever so slightly higher chance of seeing combat.
There are also organizational differences and doctrinal differences but most of those things no one cares about in these threads.
>>
>>30802566
Sport bike? Nah son, you mean using the 5k (3 after taxes) bonus they got for a six year as a down payment on a fifth gen Mustang at 35% APR
>>
>>30802671
Oh yeah - you mean the one they always buy on a 96 month loan at 19% from the shady shitshow of a used car dealership three blocks from the gate with the big banner that says 'YOUR LES IS YOUR CREDIT!!!' ? Yeah, saw that a lot at Ft Bragg. My first post at Ft Drum, it was all lifted trucks with a few harleys and crotch rockets in the summer months.
>>
>>30802696
I was in Lejuene, our barracks parking lot was at least a quarter mustangs. I knew a guy who went out of his way to buy an Eagle Talon at 21% because fuck it why not.

(I did go with my boy to one of those places but he got a 3 year old KIA at 13% and 40% down even with no credit history and his platoon sergeant as a reference. It can be done)
>>
>>30802821
>Eagle Talon at 21% because fuck it why not.
Jesus, devil. Did that Marine just love walking or something?
>>
>>30802904
He was a fucking retard. He invited some townie broad into his room and when she accused him of sexual assault in his defense he admitted they were there to smoke spice. I still remember his name because "God DAMN it, Talon Owner!" became a catch phrase due to his fuck ups.

In full disclosure I spent my first deployment money on a '71 Chevy I spent more time taking than driving. Yes, I am a milsurp fag.
>>
>>30802988
Sounds about par for course with a guy like that.

I spent most of my first deployment money on a pile of mostly C&R rifles, random milsurp, and a 496 big block swap for my Dad's old '79 Suburban that I foolishly neglected to actually buy from him before fixing up all nice. He gave me his Tundra in trade.
Those were the days.
>>
>>30803130
My nigga. My biggest purchases since I got out have been a 1903 and a new 350 crate. Shame I have to sell both to so I can get to work reliably with out jamming a match book into my distributor, but that's life.
>>
File: g5A4Wmd.jpg (37KB, 599x406px) Image search: [Google]
g5A4Wmd.jpg
37KB, 599x406px
>>30802449
>>
They're like the Army but wet.
>>
Today I ate dog food for fun
>>
>>3080235
>>30802406
Hello marine recruiter
>>
File: 1454148852979.jpg (487KB, 920x1380px) Image search: [Google]
1454148852979.jpg
487KB, 920x1380px
>>30803394

Lets face reality.. There is only one way to make a beachhead. You have to put troops ashore and move forward. Its the most meatgrinder of operations.
Holding a rifle and jumping off a landing craft to charge the enemies defenses doesn't really take a lot of skill or brainpower. I get they have nice uniforms.. I get they are 'special'. Of course they are special -- most people realize its suicidal! so, they need a 'few & proud' group of snowflakes that don't understand what they are doing.
The kind of ASVAB challenged people that volunteer for this are a different breed. We need these people, but they shouldn't be released back into society when the government is done with them. they are to 'wired' for regular life.
>>
>>30803257
I feel like I missed out cause I just went and bought a used Toyota Tacoma in my hometown for $3 k fixed it up and drove it back. Socked the rest away and waiting to use it on when or if I find something else that seems important enough to spend it on.
>>
think of the dumbest people you've ever met, thats what the typical army grunt is like

now imagine someone with only half that intelligence. thats what marine infantry is like.
>>
>>30803674
sad but true.
>>
marine - nfl
army - high school football
>>
>>30803788

nfl? come on.

The other aspect of a marines job is to secure ships at sea from mutiny.. this is the real reason for a seperate branch. If a cabal of officers decide to start something, there are armed people on board, from a different branch, ready to take over..
>>
>>30803516
It doesn't have to just be hey diddle diddle charge 'em up the middle. You can pound the piss out of the beach with artillery first until basically everyone is dead and then go secure any ruins.
>>
>>30802357

Calm down, lance corporal.
>>
>>30803661
>Not wasting his money on dumb shit and unreliable cars

What a fuckin loser. I bet you never got broken up with on a deployment either.
>>
>>30803864
>You can pound the piss out of the beach with artillery

16 inch shells were dropped by the hundreds from offshore ships. you cant kill them all. people will remain to man machine guns.
>>
>>30803875
You're doing it wrong. Lcpls HATE the Marine Corps. You want to call him a private and tell him your sorry he wasn't honor recruit.
>>
>>30802357

Thank you for your service
>>
>>30802465
Hawaii. . . more like Kansas. Fuckin BROed OUT! What a shit hole.
>>
File: 1313653915308.png (185KB, 721x417px) Image search: [Google]
1313653915308.png
185KB, 721x417px
>>30802357
>>
>>30802327
you see more newly financed mustangs and BRZ's on one base than the other, i'll let you figure that out
>>
File: thumbs-upstock.jpg (84KB, 507x338px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs-upstock.jpg
84KB, 507x338px
>>30802465
>>
>>30803903
No. I got that one. She just.... Let me know she was leaving....2 months in....for "this really nice guy she met at the gym".
She went from this nice little bubble butt arm candy to Jabba da Slut.

Actually dodged a bullet on that. Apparently they broke up and by the time I got back she had inhaled all 31 flavors, a baby elephant, and enough black dude jizz to turn her into a fucking planet with its own moon on the way. Popped out the ugliest little dindu sumbitch you ever saw in your life two months after I got back and tried lyin to everyone we knew that my redneck ass magically ICBM'd the little troll into her. Tried to file for support including back pay through some shady ass lawyer and took it to court. I was getting railroaded until my squad leader made some calls up the chain. Next thing I know I'm getting served papers for paternity testing and an offer to have JAG assist me with finding civil assistance to fight it. Less than a month and she drops everything.

>Thanks green weenie.
>>
>>30804191
Mine left me for her weed dealer. He had two kids and was just getting out of a divorce, but "We're in love!". Later I figured out she was likely Bipolar and realized how miserable our relationship made me.
>>
>>30802357
ok USMarineRifleman0311 we know you're stolen valor but this is extreme
>>
File: Marine.jpg (44KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Marine.jpg
44KB, 480x640px
>>30802357
Anyone that disagrees has not read a history book.
>>
>>30802357
i smell a boot
>>
>>30802327
The Marine Corps is designed for people who couldn't possibly hold a job outside of the military.

That's why the Corps itself doesn't have a mission. The entire branch is essentially on welfare within the DOD out of pity and muh history.
>>
>>30804575

Isn't it almost lights-out time, airman?
>>
File: infantrypride.jpg (109KB, 716x960px) Image search: [Google]
infantrypride.jpg
109KB, 716x960px
>>30802327
Nah.
>>
>>30805643

>>
>>30805291
Raping middle schoolers is not a mission
>>
>>30802405
What about all the soldiers who made amphibious landings in WWII? What about D-day? They ran right into fucking machine guns
>>
>>30802463
Well, currently being a truck driver in Afghanistan is the most dangerous MOS in the military considering all the fucking IEDs. After that would be infantry. And since marine and army infantry are essentially the exact same thing, they're both equally likely to get killed. And since the army has a larger infantry, which is deployed to more areas, in terms of numbers you are more likely to die in the army.
>>
File: Imperial-Pooh.jpg (17KB, 236x324px) Image search: [Google]
Imperial-Pooh.jpg
17KB, 236x324px
>>30805780
You're genuinely welcome.
>>
File: 1418585595761.gif (491KB, 260x146px) Image search: [Google]
1418585595761.gif
491KB, 260x146px
>>30802357
>>
>>30805806
And they're pretty fucking dead. Whereas the Airborne were smart enough to go OVER the enemy and live until past the end of the war. They also participated in the Battle of the Bulge. A far more important battle.
>>
>>30802563
Woo! Dress Blues with a Sword!
>>
Marines are the tip of the spear; they pierce and drive through enemy lines and are usually the "first to fight" and are the QRF when shit hits the fan somewhere, as they can fight pretty much autonomously (for a short period of time that is, after that they'll need support and logistics if nothing else)

Army is the shaft; it's all well and good to punch through, but you need numbers and firepower behind it to have any meaningful presence. They hold the ground and do additional damage, because the Marines generally blow past anything they can as quickly as they can,and the Army takes care of anything else. This isn't to say the Army does less shit or has it easier (that's up to you to decide and varies from unit to unit) that's just kinda their roles

The Navy is the arm that thrusts the spear forward, and is usually the first lifeline the Marines have to any kind of logistics before the...

Air Force sets up operations and can fly in loads upon loads upon loads of beans, bullets, blankets and bandages. In addition to this the AF operates in tandem with Marines and Navy in the initial push by providing close air support and disrupting enemy logistical and sensory systems before the invasion

Now with all things in war this is a rough outline and many times the Army ends up pushing right alongside the Marines or the Marines end up holding ground, simply due to the nature of war and shit.

At least this is my very broad understanding of their roles, I'm sure /k/ will call me a faggot and explain how I'm wrong
>>
the army doesn't fight a fucking balrog at the end of basic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mplEt-7HNR8
>>
Marines are supposed to be infantry that supports naval operations (guarding ships, shore landings). They've ended up becoming a bloated all-in-one force.
>>
>>30802566
Suicides in the porta shitters is a real thing, then?
>>
>>30802671
They weren't Marines. If they were, the Germans would have simply layer their arms down and surrendered.
>>
>>30806911
This is true.
>>
>>30806903

>>
File: 1469308265621.jpg (33KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1469308265621.jpg
33KB, 625x626px
>>30802357
I used to believe that shit. Holy fuck, the propaganda is a strong thing.
>>
>>30804470

>>
File: BigBoss.jpg (380KB, 842x900px) Image search: [Google]
BigBoss.jpg
380KB, 842x900px
>>30802327
Nothing. They're both welfare warriors fighting for the Jews.
>>
>>30808720

At this point I'd wager a good 90% of the whole "fighting for Israel" meme is just assblasted basement-dwellers excusing their lack of testicles/physical fitness
>>
File: 1466131372465.png (247KB, 432x313px) Image search: [Google]
1466131372465.png
247KB, 432x313px
>>30808725
Wager whatever you want, we haven't had a righteous war since WW2 and even that was iffy since England should have sided with Germany. The only reasons we go to war now is to make it easier for contractors to gain money in areas and put people on IOUs towards our Federal Reserve.

The real enemy is at home. No one is trying harder to destroy the American's freedom and way of life than our own politicians and their masters.
>>
>>30808725
The other 10% of course, are stormfags, like we see with the first reply to your post.
>>
>>30802426
They adopted the older army M4s while the army got dem schweet A1s
>>
File: image.gif (280KB, 384x216px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
280KB, 384x216px
>>30808160
Albays :DDD
Sember bi :DD
>>
It's called the Marine "CORPS" for a reason.

Because that's what you will end up as, meatshield
>>
>>30808766
I've only seen one A1, it was a woodland camo lower with a short barrel and sweet optic, and a fucking Major who's a P.A. had it. Right now the army is in the process of turning broken M4;s into M4A1's. It can't be done at a troop / company level so it has to get sent to actual fucking weapons technicians.

So for most people it's gonna be a minute till they see an A1.
>>
>>30808842
Signal here we got ours in 2015, they just swap the guts and the upper.
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.