[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whenever I get into gun debates with eurotards or liberetards

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: 1463333487471.png (13KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1463333487471.png
13KB, 400x400px
Whenever I get into gun debates with eurotards or liberetards they always bring up the "You're more likely to get shot owning/carrying a gun than if you didn't have one." argument. And I don't know how to counter it. I know it's wrong, it's very blatantly wrong and it pisses me off just how wrong it is but I don't understand how to effectively argue against this. The statistics are facts.

Any help?
>>
>>30797157
Yore more likely to get raped if you have a vagina.
>>
>>30797167
But then they just go for the "guns r 4 killing" argument.
>>
>arguing with eurotards

Cultural gap, don't even bother.
>>
>>30797157
You're more likely to die in a car accident if you get in a car.
You're more likely to be in a ladder injury if you use a ladder.
You're more likely to die to malpractice if you got to a doctor.

Correlation does not equal causation. Most people who injure themselves with guns are dumb asses that would have found a way to hurt themselves with memory foam given enough time and shiny objects to distract them.
>>
>>30797184
Vagina are for fucking.
>>
The absolute cucks.

>it's better to let them have everything valuable i own and rape my wife
>>
>>30797215
This chart is good
>>30797229
Then they go for the "but how can you say that you are safe, everyone says they're safe!"
>>30797242
Pretty much why this argument is so stupid. I would much rather risk accidentally shooting myself non lethally than being killed.
>>
File: 1469666036424.jpg (368KB, 1363x903px) Image search: [Google]
1469666036424.jpg
368KB, 1363x903px
>>30797157
I'm a Brit that's often around guns and other such things. Never been hurt once.

Also this
>>30797229

I'm far more likely to be killed by a bear if I go hiking in bear country with honey smeared on my cock than I am if I'm just at home beating off
>>
>>30797157
>You're more likely to get shot owning/carrying a gun than if you didn't have one

That is a mental health issue, because that lumps in gun violence with suicides.
Contemplating suicide is a mental health issue, not a gun issue.
>>
File: range visit fall 2015.jpg (791KB, 1560x1042px) Image search: [Google]
range visit fall 2015.jpg
791KB, 1560x1042px
>>30797215
>>30797157
>le Eurotards = nofun libtards meme
that hurts yo. I'm Yuro and pro-fun as hell. Shitholes like UK and France are shit even in my opinion.
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 500x373px
>tfw britbong
>tfw no fun
>tfw family are libcucks and hate all firearms
>>
>>30797184
Guns are for shooting.
What or who you shoot and in what context are the differentiators.

Shooting someone while performing an armed robbery is bad.

Shooting a person while they're performing an armed robbery is good.

Easy counter with a 80lb woman vs 300lb rapist argument. Yeah, guns make it easier for her to kill her attacker. Would you rather she get in a fistfight with him?
>>
>>30797389
It's true that you can't even have a knife?
>>
>>30797408
Basically yeah, if you can cut out of a paper bag with it its b& for life. I want to move to Texas ASAP
>>
>>30797370
You're outlier. But please keep influencing the average.
>>
Well I suppose YOU could get shot assuming that the robber took the gun from you.
But that would imply he somehow got close enough that a gun would be less useful than a knife or anything, at which point I would have to ask why you are carrying.
>>
>>30797453
Libruls think burglars have /noclip habilities.

>>30797437
In my 3rd world latin shithole if the police finds your illegal gun at your house and you don't have criminal record, they just do nothing. But you better not be waving that shit around or with it outside.

Still i'd like to move to Merica or Paraguay just because i love guns. I just have an old .38 revolver that was from my father and a garrucha like the one from the pic.
>>
>>30797157
The correct answer to them saying you shouldn't have guns because it increases your chance of getting shot is:
>Yeah. Liberty. Choices. Freedom.
Helps if you also can point to other non essential things you do or own that exposes you to risk like downhill skiing and motorcycling. Ask if the fact that self risk is inherent to those is also a legitimate argument to their banning.
>>
>>30797167
Not in the US. The prison system changes the national average.
>>
>>30797437
>I want to move to Texas ASAP

Swede who just moved to Texas here, can confirm that it's pretty comfy. You can't buy a gun unless you're a citizen or get a hunting license though.
>>
File: kawaii as fuck.gif (2MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
kawaii as fuck.gif
2MB, 300x169px
>>30797157
>You're more likely to get shot owning/carrying a gun than if you didn't have one.

Everything in life is a risk, know the risks and do the utmost in attention and action to ensure the negative possibilities do not become reality.
The possibility of not having a gun when you need one is a risk itself. And unlike avoiding NDs or dumbfuck kids finding your guns, risks one has control over, being put into such a situation is often beyond ones control. Would you rather be prepared and have confidence in your ability to be responsible for your own safety or would you rather put your trust in others to protect you and cower like an overwhelmed child waiting for help? What if it isn't just your own safety and you have a wife and kids to protect? Do you not have a responsibility to them?
You can (and should) seek to avoid trouble as much as possible but always remember that trouble is perfectly capable of finding you regardless of your opinion on the matter.

.>>30797257
>"but how can you say that you are safe, everyone says they're safe!"

"I've been at this for 20+ years and haven't fucked up yet but have always been aware of the possibility and severity of consequences of mistakes and misuse. If my dumbass at age 7 can handle it, other people are just making excuses."
>>
>>30798833
How many guns do you own? How long have you been there?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.