[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New York gun thread? Wondering how many other new yorkers there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

New York gun thread?

Wondering how many other new yorkers there are, looking to go from noguns to guns.

I don't really care what it is, just want one, and to learn how to shoot, and I'm curious if there's a secure way to lock the gun in a case that's not a large safe.
>>
File: DSCF2876_zpsgdxd1ede.jpg (192KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF2876_zpsgdxd1ede.jpg
192KB, 1024x768px
>>30796367
>>
>>30796367
You want to get into guns, but live in NY. Well you can either lead a revolution slaughtering our shitskin loving overlords, or gtfo of NY. There is literally nothing of value in this state.
>>
>>30796367
>other new yorkers there are, looking to go from noguns to guns.
Me. I'm in NYC, kill me.

>>30796401
>r gtfo of NY
i think this will be my only option. I wanted to leave anyway but I don't know where I want to go yet.
>>
>>30796401
Why? I'm not sure entirely but anywhere outside of the downstate area is basically Texas-tier fun loving. I think upstate New York is very lax, and people even stop going to school so regularly for hunting season.

I'm not totally sure of the law but I think you can buy a non-"assault" rifle license free.
>>
>>30796426
Shit, now NYC is absolutely noguns.
I think the only way to own one privately is be an officer, or be a security guard.
>>
>>30796458
They don't want anyone having one and will reject you for anything but you can still apply.

>Rifle/Shotgun Permit and Pistol Permit are prerequisites to purchase handguns and long guns respectively. A separate "Purchase Authorization" is required to purchase a handgun from a dealer, and one may not purchase a handgun more than once every 90 days. One may not purchase a rifle or shotgun more than once every 90 days. Upon purchase of a 5th handgun, residents must show evidence of possession of a gun safe for storage of firearms.

>Owner licenses are required for all guns.
>Registration for all firearms in place.

>Assault weapons
>More restrictive version of the NYS law, with 5-round magazine limit for long guns and 10 for handguns.

>There are periodic renewal fees, including on restricted carry licenses, like NYC's $340 for a three-year license.

It's really no fun at all.
>>
>>30796497
I think the rifle permit is exclusive to NYC, I'm in westchester and there's no mention of that.
Although pistols are tightly restricted.
>>
why the fuck would you get a pistolgrip on that anyway

Looks like a law for good taste
>>
>>30796526
Those are exclusively NYC laws.

Ever shot a gun before? I haven't. I wish I had grown up around this stuff. It's useful stuff to know and now I have to lurk the internet to figure it all out on my own.

I want to live somewhere very rural but I figure I'd better know about guns before I attempt to do that. I guess I could start with a shooting range for now and just learn how to shoot even if I can't own one.
>>
>>30796426
>>30796458
>http://newyorkcityguns.com/

It's possible to be hasguns in the city, there's even some ranges and gun stores in the five boroughs.
If you want to pay out the asshole and jump through a hundred hoops to do it though, is up to you.
>>
File: handgun.jpg (50KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
handgun.jpg
50KB, 660x495px
>>30796447
Its not. I lived in Rockland County, and its a bitch and a half getting a handgun permit. The entire state is fucked. When I lived there I got a rifle instead, and that small fact prevented me from getting my name and address plastered onto the papers when they released the map of handgun owners in my county.

Fuck New York. Fuck all of it.
>>
>>30796660
>when they released the map of handgun owners in my county.
What was that about?
>>
>>30796690
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Journal-News-Removes-Pistol-Permit-Database-Gun-Owners-Rockland-Westchester-187525461.html
>>
>>30796745
What would be the purpose be in the first place? Just seems like a crazy violation of privacy for no reason.
>>
Plenty of NY compliant guns, like an SKS, Mini 14, Saiga Sporter. Mags on the Saiga are 3-4x more expensive than regular AK mags though. I really need to mod mine for AK mags.

I live innacity so getting to a range is a bitch.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.