[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Enlisting soon for the military not sure which branch to choose,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: zzarmedforces.jpg (42KB, 400x274px) Image search: [Google]
zzarmedforces.jpg
42KB, 400x274px
Enlisting soon for the military
not sure which branch to choose, which is best & why?
>>
Navy if you want to travel.
Army if you want a job after you're out.
Air Force if you want a career when you're out.
Coast Guard if you want to fight pirates and drug runners.
Marines if one or more of your parents was one because anything else will just disappoint them.
>>
>>30794837
What do Marines do exactly? What separates them from the army?
>>
>>30794878
They're the grunts of the navy. So it really boils down to army or navy
>>
>>30794945
I have gotten seasick before on fishing charters, this is bad for joining the Navy I assume? Which is the ideal path for joining the army or marines?
>>
File: Here We Go.jpg (10KB, 226x223px) Image search: [Google]
Here We Go.jpg
10KB, 226x223px
>>30794782
>>
>>30795003
Really just depends on what you want to do. I've never served but I have friends that were in the army, national guard, Air Force and navy. Don't know anybody that were in the marines. Obviously for army or marines if you go in with a combat MOS there's not a lot of jobs in the civilian world. Best bet would to pursue a career in being a police officer/swat having a combat MOS
>>
>>30795003
Like>>30794837
Said, that pretty much sums it all up
>>
>>30794782
Army.
>>
Marines.
Anything else is for fuckin pussies
>>
>>30794782
Every time we have these threads I never hear much about what it's like to be in the coast guard
>>
File: faggot marines.png (314KB, 600x563px) Image search: [Google]
faggot marines.png
314KB, 600x563px
>>30795113
That assumption seems to have gone the way of the Maginot Line, anon.
>>
>>30795119
Right? I'd imagine it's relatively boring unless you live near a coastal city with a lot of drug trafficking
>>
>>30794782
Army
>best promotion rate, most schools, most control over career path, decent standards of living, bases everywhere

Navy
>good promotion rate but heavily dependent on rate, decent career control, best intelligence community, travelling, naval standards of living, bases on coasts

Air Force
>low promotion rate, relatively low career control, best standards of living, lack of respect from other branches/civilians unless you're a pilot, bases in the middle of nowhere

Marines
>worst promotion rate, barely any cool schools, worst career control, lowest standards of living, leadership structure that would rather do everything the hard way because "oorah", civilians think you're a badass and will respect you because of the propaganda and the lack of real .mil knowledge/experience, get a chance to earn the title of "Marine"
>>
>>30795203
>Mfw I live in San Diego
>>
File: incoherent rage.jpg (12KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
incoherent rage.jpg
12KB, 259x194px
>>30795212
Coast Guard fucking where?

Oh that's right, nobody gives a shit about the USCG because MUH PUDDLE PIRATES
>>
>>30795310
>USCG
>military

Suck my dick, DHSfags.
>>
>>30794782
Navy
It's not gay if it's underway
>>
>>30794782
If you want something easy join the army low standards and filled with fat bodies.
>>
>>30795742
Couldn't get the ASVAB scores, huh? That's gotta sting some.
>>
File: IMG_20160114_191154778.jpg (3MB, 5248x2952px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160114_191154778.jpg
3MB, 5248x2952px
>>30795953
Someone's insecure :^)
>>
>>30795130
I see you a lot on this board, have you ever even served?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.